Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raziel and Bunny- -Betrayals-

Re: Raziel and Bunny- -Insert name here-

She was releasing him? A sense of shock went through him, before he heard her words, and he started laughing, keeping it low.

"You honestly think I taught you everything I know?" He smirked as he looked deep into her eyes. "The master never teaches the student everything that he knows. You are not ready for it yet." His smirk turned into a heavy line as he looked at her. "If you let me go, I will have to kill everyone here, including you. I won't let my mission go unfinished."

He shook his head, closing his eyes. He didn't want to kill her. She had been a good partner, a good follower as he taught her. They had shared things that he would never share with anyone else again after this. They had grown close over the few years, and now this was threatening to break it, now that he knew it wasn't broken yet.

Muriel frowned as she leaned back from her task. His bounds were held only by a few more ties, easily broken with some effort. She stared at him, golden eyes unwavering, her face placid. So he had not taught her everything. But, enough--

Muriel shook her head, flaxen hair spraying around her as she started to stand. No, it was never enough. She had to learn everything she possibly could. The ambition of education is what made her such a good student. The dagger in her hand showed the proof of her efforts as strands of heavy rope lay about him.

She tilted her head, her eyes still trying to penetrate through him. “You’d kill--” she began before being rudely cut off as Edward entered the tent.

His grey eyes took in the scene, it took only a moment for him to gather the information as he looked from Muriel to the Knight. ‘WOMAN!’ he bellowed as he advanced on her. She turned fully around, dagger in hand.

Large axe in hand he stalked towards Muriel, ‘You betrayed him and now us. A woman can never be trusted!’ He paused as he mistakenly turned his head away from her small form, his 6’4” form shadowing hers, ‘MEN!’ he called.

Muriel took the opportunity to lunge for him, her dagger sinking into the flesh exposed between his breast plate. He gurgled in rage and pain as he swept a heavily armored arm towards her, as if to fling away a fly. Her face with level with the blow and she could do nothing to evade the impact. She had for once miscalculated the situation in her indecisiveness of her predicament. The small dagger was too short to actually cause a fatal wound on a man with a girth as large as Edward’s.

It was when he saw her take a blow to the head from the man's arm that he took action. His hands easily took off the rest of the ropes, and when the man looked away, he jumped forward. He was fast, taking a length of rope and wrapping it around the man's throat, tightening a wrap around before kicking the man's hips out from under him, pulling hard on the rope. He heard the loud snap-pop of the neck breaking and separating, and he turned to Muriel.

"Where is my armor and weapons? The only way you will get out of this alive is with me. You can repent and come back, become a Knight and learn more."

Muriel’s head was spinning as she lay crumpled on the ground. The blow had knocked her into a chest and then onto the ground with its force. She blinked, trying to concentrate as blood began to fill her sight. Panic seized her, as thoughts of losing her eye coiled in her belly. Feeling nausea roll through her like a tide she merely groaned in response to Alexander.

She turned her head upwards and around, seeming to track the room, her eyes darting around unfocused as it spun around her.

Weapons… Repent. Cloudy golden eyes attempted to focus on him through the painful throbs. She merely murmured something as she tried to roll to her side, to regain some sense of footing. A hand rose to the nearby cot as she attempted to pull herself at least to her knees. The scraping of her plate greaves on the floor sounded like a high pitch scream to her head. She didn’t register Edward’s crumpled corpse still grasping his own weapon.

Hefting herself to her feet with a soft moan she tried to balance. She faced the entrance of the tent. The sound of pounding feet and shouts of concern coming closer. Seconds away...

Wobbling she focused on him, her mind trying to calculate a plan. ‘Go’ She whispered as she turned her head towards Edward’s fallen body.

He had unbound himself, attacked both Edward and her before escaping. It was plausible. If they didn’t believe right away she could improvise the story. She was clever after all.

He watched her get up, heard her tell him to leave. His mind spun with the possibilities. He could leave her here, with the enemy. Who knows what they would do to her. He could carry her and the two of them could escape. She would be a amazing part of the Knight Templar's, even a Heavenly Knight someday. Or he could run off himself, or stay and fight with her. There was only one option in his mind right now, and he took that option immediately.

He moved over to her, picking her up easily in his arms, before diving out the back of the tent. There wasn't anyone there, and he could hear the scuffling of people going into the tent, seeing only one dead body. Alexander rushed off into the woods, holding her gently to not mess with the bruises and the battered parts of her body.

He ran for about five minutes before putting her down. They were deep in the woods, without horses and without weapons. But he could improvise a defense if needed. He sat down near to where she was, his head falling down as he panted, trying to catch the breath that he lost a while ago.

Muriel staggered backwards a bit when he approached her swiftly and lifted her effortlessly. Her petite form did come in handy for quick escapes. The run was jarring to her head injury and she groaned, trying to protest, but no words were formed. She even attempted to glare at him, but the blood pooled in her eye and only caused her more pain in adjusting her gaze.

The men would easily catch up on horseback. With the smell of blood on both of them they would be even easier to track. Already the bellow of hounds could be heard in the dampness of the woods. Muriel remained silent, trying to regain some semblance of a thought process. He had suffered a head injury as well, but for some reason she was having a harder time concentrating.

Blood poured from an unknown wound, her face was already beginning to bruise. The white of her shirt turned pink around her shoulders as blood dripped from her hair, her face, and her lip. The soaked cloth clung to her as she leaned back against a tree. The bark a stable presence in her spinning conscious as she eyed him down her busted nose. If Edwards hadn’t have been adorned in spiked gauntlets perhaps the injuries would have been less… Muriel merely looked towards the Knight, her gaze as steady as it could have been given the circumstances.

He had ruined his escape, and now she would be considered a culprit on either side. It was now just the choice of which side would do her less harm. Muriel shuddered as she watched her Lord panting.

He caught his breath quickly from all the training that he had. He heard the dogs, and he moved to her quickly. His eyes drank everything in, going back into the battle mind that he had before. "I know this area." He said softly, pulling her up into his arms and running off again.

Soon, they were at a forest clearing, with a large, rather deep lake. "Come on." He said, helping her into the water and moving her so the water was up to her neck. "They won't be able to track us here. They will go right past, and we can wash up before going on." He moved himself low on the water, ready to dive under. He saw some movement, and he pulled her close. "Hold your breath." he whispered into her ear. He counted to three before taking a deep breath, diving under. It was part of the training, he could stay under for about five minutes. They should be long gone by then.

Muriel could only consent to her treatment. She wondered about the consequence and why he was being so gentle with her. The stench of blood soon washed away with the water. She had initially gasped at the feel of the liquid around her.

Her cloths instantly soaked, the white linen material surrendering the excess blood that had not clung to the threads. She heard what he had said, taking in a sputtering breath as they went underwater. She only imagined how heavy she must be, still leaden with some plate armor. Muriel had still not learned to swim with it, as her stature was so small.

The men moved on, the echoed sound of heavy horses moving through the water. There were grumbles of discontent as the rustle continued. The sound of the panting hounds slowly diminished, The cold water did well for her head, soothing over the gash over her forehead, her busted nose and lips and the numerous cuts long her left cheekbone.

(Sorry made something to eat)

(that is quite alright)

He heard the search party move away, and when they were far enough off, he picked his head up from the water, taking a deep breath. He pulled her up with him and helped her to the land, laying her out before falling onto his back next to her, panting. It was still a little difficult for him to stay undeer for a long period of time, but he could do it.

He was without weapon, without armor, but he didn't feel exposed or weakened. He trained his hands for fighting if need be. but he wasn't worried about himself, he was worried about her. He sat up, looking over the cuts and bruises on her face and body.

"A little beaten up." He said softly, running fingers slowly over cuts and a bruise on her right cheek. "But you will be fine. We can dress the wounds when we get back. But until the sun rises again, you are going to rest. You need it. There is a nearby cave, do you think you can make it that far on your own?"

Muriel gave a nod, her hair plastered over her face. Following him on shaky feet she used any nearby rock or tree to secure her journey. She was silent in her remorse as she scuffled along. Finally passing the threshold of the cave she turned to give once last glance outside, assuring herself they had escaped unseen.

Although the water had done much to ease her wounds they still were slowly seeping blood. She licked her busted lip, tasting the tangy copper before a searing jolt of pain entered her. Saliva on an open gash was never a good healing agent.

The woman didn’t bother to look at her Lord as she began to sweep her trembling fingers through her lengthy hair. Diligently she untangled the mass, wringing as much of the excess moisture from her tresses as possible. She began to shiver, the coldness of both the environment and the situation seeping through her damp skin.

Leaning forwards with a grimace she slid down the cave wall into a seated position. Using her hands to brace herself she began to undo the heavy plate greaves sliding the tightly fit ore from her shapely legs.

She was battered and broken and doing her best to ignore the presence of the one she had betrayed.

He might have lost all of his weapons and his armor, but he wasn't useless. He helped her into the cave before stepping out, going to find a broken branch and using the nearby stones to make at least a decent point to it. He went out into the forest, soon finding a deer. He stalked up to it before pouncing, spearing the deer through the leg. It struggled, but he made sure to keep it pinned, using the branch for leverage. Soon, he was throwing it over his shoulders, straining but carrying it back to the cave.

"I hope you like wild game." he said into the cave, as he walked off again, gathering sticks and logs, as well as some thick grass. He carried it back before taking the next ten minutes to start a decent fire. He sighed as it lit, putting the now-flaming mass of grass onto the logs, using the sticks in the right positions to get it lit bright. He turned to the dead deer, letting out a sigh. He searched his pockets, and was overjoyed to see that they didn't completely check him. He pulled out the small dagger and sheath and went to the deer, starting to carve it up. "How much to you want to start with?" He called into the cave. "We will eat, then I'll see what I can do about your wounds."

Muriel merely dried herself in the fire, absently stroking her hair as if it would bring her a solution. The fire light played off her placid features. She had never shown much emotion; always having that control. But, those large emerald eyes held fear; fear of consequence. Her body language spoke of her uneasiness, the suspicion that he’d cause her more pain than she was already in. She slouched, watching the deer with indifference.

“I’m not hungry.” she said, her voice echoing off the cave walls. Trying to hide her expressive eyes she brought her knee up, resting her arm and cheek upon her leather garment. Seemingly content to place the warm fire between him and herself. A moment passed before she added, “My wounds are fine.” as if to prove this point she licked her lip again.

The luscious bottom swell of her mouth was ripped open, but for the time being had ceased leaking her blood. Her defiant chin was merely smudged with the red hue.

He turned to her as he heard her say that she wasn't hungry. He made sure that she couldn't see him cutting open the deer, taking out chunks of meat and putting it on the top to get them ready for the fire. It was slightly disgusting for him to do it, but he did it because they needed to survive. "You need to eat, you need your energy. We will have to leave the moment the sun comes up. I know a place we can hide out and get reequipped at." He put his dagger through a nearby piece of meat and carried it to the fire, holding it inside, ignoring the waves of heat from being close.

From being close to the fire, it wasn't long before the piece was cooked good enough to eat, taking on a darker color. He moved to her, pulling the piece off the dagger and holding it out to her. "Please, eat. I'm not going to let you die from hunger, not after what we have been through. Don't let those years go in vain now." His eyes were looking deep into hers, pleading.

Muriel tossed her head away. Staring intently at the cave wall she frowned, the sadness creasing her forehead. “I already let those years ago.” She practically spat the truth out. After all it been hardly a few hours since she had betrayed him.

Gazing at the deer flank without moving her head she gave a slight shake of her head before she shut her eyes. “I’m not hungry” swallowing the guilt she felt her stomach roll. “What are you doing?” it was a simple spoken question that held a plethora of meanings. What were her consequences? What was he going to do with her? Where was she to go? Where was he taking her? Was she a captive? What would be the outcome? What now...

Tilting her head to the side she gazed upon him with a distance, wounded expression. An expression that would make one believe she was in fact the victim of the circumstances.

"I haven't." He admitted, turning away from her finally. Her betrayal still bit at him, but there was some things that she did that told him that she wasn't the evil person she was making herself out to be. "You didn't have to release me from my bonds. And you could have killed me and ran at anytime. But you haven't. I know you haven't given up our time together, no matter what you say."

He stood then, turning away from her. "I want you to stay here. Cook yourself something to eat if you want. I'm going to wash up really quick." He stooped down to put the cooked piece of meat down on her lap, and the dagger next to her, and walked back to the woods. He slowly walked to the lake they hid in earlier, which took about five minutes, and he took off his pants before diving into the water. It felt good now that he could relax at least a little bit. He stretched once he surfaced, before slowly running the water over his body and through his hair. He used the time to think about their next move, what he was going to say to the king.

What he was going to do about her.

Muriel glared after him in silence. When she was sure he had disappeared from the immediate area she lurched towards the meal. Preparing the deer to her liking she ate what she could, as her stomach was still churning due to the situation. After appeasing her hunger she tore a piece of her linen shirt. Dabbing at her small wounds and cuts she soon secured it around her head wound, the blond hair shrouding most of the make-shift bandage.

Muriel waited for a few moments for him to return. Pondering what she would do. She could run… But, her training had ruled out that option on many occasions. With a sigh she held her head, trying to wish away her racing thoughts as they throbbed through her head.

Curling around the fire she let the warmth seep through her body before falling into a fitful sleep. Exhaustion dominating over worry.

He dried himself off by running back to the campsite, dressing just out of her visual range. But when he was back, she was asleep, and he saw that she had to have eaten, because there was a decent amount of meat gone from the deer. He moved forward, cooking some up for himself and eating fast, before going back into the forest. He made a quick blanket before carrying it back to the cave. He sighed as he looked over her, before picking her up and taking her into the cave, laying her down and covering her up with the blanket. He moved to the entrance of the cave, keeping watch for about a hour before falling asleep in the caverns.

He woke up just before the sun came up, and he went out of the caves, getting more stuff for the fire. He cooked a very small piece and ate it before going back in to wake her. "Wake up." His voice was soft as he shook her shoulder lightly. "We have to get going soon. If we make haste, we could get to the castle before nightfall."

Back
Top Bottom