Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Discord) Blades in the Dark LF players

Xeal

Planetoid
Hey all, revising my ad here to keep it simpler. I was introduced to this system a while back when I signed up off impulse for a game on another site. It ended up never making it to session one but eh whatever, that seems to be the game nowadays, and this case I excuse it since it was due to a mental breakdown. Regardless, I am looking to play this game, it looks very much up my alley. I would prefer to have four players in a group, but if it really came down to it I SUPPOSE we could try two, but one is a no-go for this game as it has team oriented effects and less players just means we cover less bases with the skills and will have to REALLY specialize in a particular trade/style. For play times (I would prefer scheduled, but not against PbP), I could do mondays, wednesdays, thursdays, fridays, and sundays, preferably evenings but I can do mornings (except on sundays), my time zone is pacific.

For those who aren't familiar with the game or system, it's an easier one by nature. The game is a d6 narrative system where you accumulate a pool of d6's and when you roll a skill, you roll your pool and pick the single highest result which determines a fail, partial success, full success, or critical if you manage above a 6. No dice means you roll two and pick the lower instead of just rolling none. The game is a bit more complicated than systems like Powered by the Apocalypse but it's still not as rule heavy and number crunchy as something like 5e, kind of serving as a nice middle ground between min/max and flexible RP. It uses playbooks like powered by the apocalypse, but you don't have to pick abilities from your class ever. The game has stress, prison, and war systems and revolves around a group of petty (though not necessarily incompetent) criminals looking to get rich and retire. There is generally no need for a complicated plot and that actually tends to be controlled more by the players than the GM who's job is simplified to providing encounters, obstacles during a heist, determining difficulty and effectiveness of rolls a player wants to make, and stating the consequences of anything that happens. Backup characters are recommended, death isn't the only way to, at least temporarily, lose a character and even death opens new avenues if one desired.

As for the setting, the main game takes place in a large city called Doskvol. There are other places the game can be played, but to my knowledge these other locations are not yet officially released, but there is a whole map outside of Doskvol. Doskvol itself has more of a Victorian gaslamp fantasy vibe to it, think Dishonored if you've ever played either of the games. If not, gaslamp fantasy basically means a darker, gritty, eerie steampunk with supernatural elements and magic. It's less about clockwork and steam and more about electricity, at least in blades and dishonored. The world has undergone some kind of cataclysmic effect that destroyed the sun and plunged the world into an eternal state of night time. Demons do demon things and ghosts make travel nearly impossible as they tend to be hostile and very numerous, kind of like a zombie apocalypse, but ghosts. The city is protected from these ghosts by lightning towers surrounding the city that seems to prevent passage, though some get through now and then and cause some trouble in the city. The main way of transport from city to city is a rail system or potentially other devices or individuals capable of warding ghosts. Probably makes you wonder what this all has to do with a petty criminal group but that's the world, one of the crew types the players can pick is a cultist group.

Hope to hear from folks, I could help teach the rules if necessary, main thing is finding a GM, doesn't seem like anyone really plays this much.

Last edited:
Bumping, still need players and GM or a game wanting another player.

Bumping, revamped, figure it's time to try again now that some time has past, new people and new interests.

So on one note, after thinking about it, don't think a rotating GM really works in this game unless you have a good number of players because a GMPC just doesn't quite work as well as 5e. On that note, I did find another interested player and we'd prefer a third player, but really just need a GM at this point.

I have an update for this. Found a GM, and I have one other player interested in joining so far. I'd be looking for one or two more players but before you decide to suddenly jump out of the woodwork at the appearance of a GM, a bit of details.

The GM is looking for this to be more story/RP oriented over kinky, they are also looking for it to be gritty which makes sense given the setting. The game will likely by PbP because of the group but that is NOT a pass for posting once a day or every other day. The bar is being set at making enough progress in a week to simulate having a three hour session, though of course there would be exceptions made for times that you just can't be around, after all, sessions are often pushed back when a player can't make the weekly time because of something sudden. We would prefer to schedule in fact, but that often requires the stars to align and so PbP is an option, but the hope is to still be active. Hope to hear from some players.

-takes out notepad to take note of how many people are suddenly interested-

Looking for 1 maybe 2 players who can meet the necessary activity. NA time zones preferred otherwise a wait is pretty much required.

So I am guessing the petty thieves are less thieves and more like pillagers or artifact hunters. can you tell me more about the game system and how a character sheet will look like?
Thanks!

Oh, hey! I recently heard of BitD from Adam Koebel! o3o/ I have never played it, though, but if it's simple, and the rules are easy to get, I would love to join. I'm on EST time.

Not sure where you got that impression but I suppose it depends on the crew. We can decide to be assassins, shadows, cultists, bravos, hawkers, or smugglers that determine your crime specialty. You can find the basic free material here Greetings, Scoundrel | Blades in the Dark RPG if you want to check it out before deciding. We haven't actually started yet and if I'm being honest, we're going a little slow lol.

The impression came from my imagination since I didn't know of the Blades website. I am still very new to system or tabletop RPs. Well if you still have room, please send me the discord invite. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom