Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone have good music for writing?

SnailQueen

Great Dragon Of The Damned
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the website and still finding my way around here! For a first post in General I thought it might be nice to get to know all of you guys' music interests and what you listen to while writing! Please feel free to give me any list of artists and songs that inspire you!

My three favourites to listen to are:
Shinedown - Through the ghost
Brad Paisley - Mud on the tires
Halsey - Without me

I look forward to your own lists, make them as long and short as you want!

thank you for your advise, I do listen a lot to game soundtracks as well, Final Fantasy being my ultimate favourite by far!

I usually write whilst listening to something ambient or games related - movie soundtracks, video game soundtracks etc. I've listened to a lot of Silent Hill in my time, when I'm working on other bits. I also listen to kpop just because... I don't have to concentrate on it, I can just tune out the outside world.

I've read somewhere in the past that because Video Game based soundtracks are designed to cause concentration and focus that they are actually some of the best things you can listen too :)

Game soundtracks, anime ops and the like are usually good. Kinda just depends on the type of setting i'm writing.

but if you're in the fantasy mood and wanna get pumped AF then I highly recommend you get some Hiroyuki Sawano on your playlist

The Persona soundtrack is a good set of musical playlists to listen to for writing.

Also youtube has a Lo-fi anime radio station if you're into that sort of thing

I basically listen to whatever my muse is in the mood for, sometimes lyrical music helps the muses flow. Other times it’s instrumental groups.

Atm, I listen to some dem old Studio Ghibli soundtracks. Absolute masterpieces!
Made in Abyss' soundtrack is dope too.

I don't really have in general music. I tend to listen depending on the scene. Or I'll hear a track and it inspires a scene. TSTM Walk on Water has fueled SO many "rise up and fight" scenes in my head.

I'm going to hop on the bandwagon and go with soundtracks and movie scores.

I'd like to recommend any of the soundtracks from Paradox's line up of grand strategy games in particular. Because those games are focused a lot less on visuals and action, you can get the concentration value of the soundtrack while still listening to something that sounds more like a song and less like ambient noise.

Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV are my personal favorites.

I listen to one song on repeat when I need music to write.. I am not really sure why but this song just... does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom