Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Extra Credit (Rat+Queen)

QuillAndInk

For Pen and Paper!
Andrew was struggling. He stared at the paper that had been given back to him by his teacher. A big fat D sat on the page. Scribbled under it was a note, telling him to stay after class. He had never flunked so badly in his life before. He had never had to see a teacher after class because of his grades. He normally swam by, as an average student. He didn't stand out in anyway - not top of the class, not bottom of the class. He enjoyed he social aspects of college life, of course and had a steady girlfriend, but he was no jock and nor was he a nerd. He just got by, drawing as little attention to himself as he could. Until now.

He packed up, slowly, trying not to let anyone else know. He managed to time it well, the last to pack his bag up before heading towards the door. Only he diverted to the desk that was there. "Mrs. Smith - you wanted to see me?" He was fit, toned and in shape but not an athlete. Dark hair and eyes, pale skin. A few freckles. Jeans and a t-shirt, his standard attire.

“ Yes mr. Simon I’m very disappointed in this paper. Usually your papers are well researched, well written. This one however not so much, well these a few options. You can rewrite the whole paper, give me all your resources or you could come home with me, we can work something out. You wouldn’t want to be expelled for one paper.” Mrs. Smith said as she sat at her desk looking straight at him, she had given him the once over the first day he walked into her class. She knew he had a girlfriend because she had a husband, well her husband was the headmaster however they had an open marriage. Waiting for his answer she stood from her seat smoothed out her skirt, started to gather her own belongings so she could go home for the day.

Andrew was shocked by her response. Expulsion for one bad grade? That didn't make sense. What was she getting at? And to go home with her? That seemed a bit unusual. "I am not sure I understand, Mrs. Smith...one bad grade and I am being expelled? That doesn't make sense. And why do you want me to go home with you? That would be highly inappropriate...don't you have an office on campus?"

“ This isn’t exactly your first bad grade Mr. Simon rememberer the time exams from a few weeks ago? You barely passed those, usually your work is very good. Are you, your girlfriend having troubles? I mean it’s not my place but whatever is going on is effecting your grades.” Mrs smith said as she walked toward the door her bag in her hand, a bubba cup that she usually drank wanted out of in the other as she held onto her class key so she could lock the classroom until the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom