Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can anyone here recommend a request-thread guide?

The Abusive Dominator

Super-Earth
Title.

lol. I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Oh, and if YOU yourself can teach me your own method/methods, I'd love to read them.

Hardly an expert but keep it simple and structured. I've given it some thought since I need to write one up myself soon. Start with a friendly greeting, a short list of your rules with a small blurb about what you like to play. Follow that up with a kink list, maybe a link to a comprehensive one and just write a few of your favourites down along with your limits. After that, write down a few plots or pairings.

That's the basics of it. You can use spoiler tags in each section to condense it a little, maybe some coloured text if you like that. Try to avoid a similar blue to the standard background and for the love of god don't make the lettering too small. I'm sure others will have much better tips. :p

Don't go crazy with your "rules" it will just make you sound difficult. Also list some of your ideas and what you might be craving.

Solid work, not my taste content wise either, but not something that counts against your presentation or even your tastes since, while somewhat particular for the forum, they're not all that narrow or uncommon.

@The Abusive Dominator - Reading over your RT I felt like it kind of blurs the lines between you and your character. Like I wasn't sure if you believe you are your character or what? That might put a few people off PM'ing. I thought the rest of it was ok in that you are clear about what you want and are looking for.

@NerdyValk Reading your RT the first thing I would do is close it due to you making threats to report people. Do you really need to do that? Also you don't have any ideas listed which also puts me off. Then you tend to complain when you bump your RT's.

Look when I get hit with multiple Rape related PMs as a survivor, it feels like people are just out to get me.

I guess I can edit that but still.

And I said in my main request. I don't like listing SOLID ideas because I wanna craft them with my partner, want their input and all that.

Then state in your RT that you are not into rape/non con etc. I am not saying you have to put up with it, it's just the way it comes across when I read it.

I feel your RT maybe needs more clarity and some hooks. I only skimmed through it as that is what I tend to do until I see something in a RT I like. There wasn't anything that caught my interest but then I am only one person. From my perspective and many others when you read through the threads on this site, we get a little tired with being expected to come up with all of the ideas all the time.

I'll just ride off this question vs making my own.

My RT is more about finding a partner to make friends with them rather than specific grounded plots. I find plot writing to be easier when I know my partner.

Id rather tailor them a set of clothes vs just mass produce something.

Is there a way to make my post seem more appealing and not like I have no clue what I'm after? I know what I like, I'm just super open plot wise.
People have made multiple suggestions and you ignore them or make excuses for why you can't change things, so, I don't know why I'm bothering. But here's just a little something I noticed:

Cyberpunk is more gritty and involves [BGCOLOR=rgb(247, 218, 100)]flushing[/BGCOLOR] out a single setting. Nice if you want that dystopian fill or darker moments. The characters also drive this rp and can be [BGCOLOR=rgb(247, 218, 100)]flushed out[/BGCOLOR], but you'll want to build on personality as they wont have varied appearances to set them apart (as much as least). Also refs are dummy hard to find for this. Cyberpunk is interesting but personally I'd prefer the more goofier Sci-Fi stuff. Though of course I can still do this, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it, you'd just need to be an outstanding story teller!​

The word you are looking for is "flesh" not "flush". Flush refers to cleansing(you flush a toilet to empty it, you flush a substance out of your system, etc.), refers to blood filling the skin, or refers to the act of forcing prey/wildlife out into the open. In this context, you mean "fleshing out" where the term refers to "adding details/adding flesh" to an idea or a character.

Also, you try to reassure readers earlier in your thread that being a GM does not mean more work for them, yet you discourage against them selecting this particular genre(it's not an idea or even a setting; cyberpunk is a genre) unless they are particularly skilled with storytelling. Which sounds like a lot of the idea creation will be on their shoulders.

I don't know what else to say. You're very unclear and contradictory on a lot of things. And I suspect your over emotional and publicly negative mindset has opened the door for some possible trolling. And the big note at the top is basically, "here, haters and others who find me irritating; right here is my button."

Most people who list their "No's" in a regular list without threats do not get multiple people constantly bugging them for those things. You might get the occasional person who doesn't read; we all do. So, the fact that you're being targeted for this thing makes me think either you're exaggerating the amount of people who contact you for your triggers or that the warning itself might be the problem. That it's drawing in insincere requests from people trying to mess with you. Just a theory, I do not know for sure. ✌

I'll just ride off this question vs making my own.

My RT is more about finding a partner to make friends with them rather than specific grounded plots. I find plot writing to be easier when I know my partner.

Id rather tailor them a set of clothes vs just mass produce something.

Is there a way to make my post seem more appealing and not like I have no clue what I'm after? I know what I like, I'm just super open plot wise.

I'm going to echo what @The Goodman said, but I have a bit to add, so I hope it's okay that I backpack off what you said, Goodman!
Valk, I think a lot of it is that people really don't know how to approach you. You're looking for very specific things, and expect everyone to cater to your preferences, but you don't seem to be very flexible or willing to budge in any aspect other than plot.
I agree with what Goodman said - I have my limits listed very simply and non-confrontational in my thread, and I've only had a few messages here or there that mention them. If something triggers you to the point that you physically cannot handle receiving messages about it, sorry to say, but this is not the site for you and you're likely better suited looking on more PG-13 or non-smut-oriented sites. I have "no non-con" listed on my thread and I have not received one single message about it since I joined. I think that making that bit a bit less inflammatory might reduce the amount of trolly messages you're likely receiving about it, if you're receiving said messages in the first place.
But to say what you could improve on your thread? Honestly, I think you just need to be more people-friendly.
From the bat, your main thread makes me click off within the first few sentences. I feel like if I phrase anything in a way you don't like, I'll be blocked and reported, which makes me not want to bother at all. You could very easily just say "I prefer if people read my whole thread before contacting me, so please don't just skim, please read it all" or something similar, rather than being... kind of rude about it.
I also immediately get the impression that you take RP very seriously, but to a point where I would be nervous to write with you. Saying RP is "the only thing you know can cheer up your day" is... nerve-wracking to potential partners. It makes us (potential partners) feel like if we don't write well enough, often enough, or to your (admittedly steep) standards, we'll have a personal hand in ruining your day in real life, which is way too much pressure for anyone to willingly take on for what is, ultimately, a hobby.
As for how specific you are... I don't know if you'll find anyone who wants to GM for you, focus more on story than smut, skirt around every kink that you don't want, be your friend OOC, RP only on Discord, and be interested in any kind of plot you're interested in. That's an insane amount of requirements to expect someone to meet. It just... is. If you can't be flexible about any of that, you're going to have a hell of a time finding partners, that's just how it is and how you're going to have to accept it.
I also think your kinks are a bit contradictory? You list that you won't receive penetration, but then you list "Anal Sex (Receiving)" as a maybe. Saying "you need to be careful around other stuff" is so non-specific that it makes me honestly fear to attempt including any kink for fear I need to "be careful" about it or risk upsetting you. If so many things bother you, I think that you should be extremely specific, even if that means more work. Instead of just pasting a link to your F-List, maybe make a list of kinks under spoiler tags that people can open and read more about specifics to approaching each kink, or something like that, I don't know.
All-in-all, I think that being more flexible would benefit you greatly, but I understand if you like what you like - just don't be whiny and contrary about not finding anything if you know your interests are extremely niche.

^ Not really, but at least the thread-based, all in front approach replies above seem to have gotten through. They're the compilations of repeated efforts to state that gist, and I think they are completely the right direction to look.

@NerdyValk You seem to put a lot of emphasis on what offends you. As a result you are totally oblivious to how you come across and how you may offend or upset others. A good example is how you are hijacking the OP's thread. This was meant to be about his RT, not yours.

In regards to your RT itself, you seem to want a very a high quality partner yet aren't a high quality RP'er yourself. You then come across as someone who doesn't care, is lazy (your words in your RT bumps) and other things which just make me wonder why anyone would even bother. Your constant excuses are a drag as well. This isn't a real life social experience where you have to think on your feet. You can sit back and consider your responses instead of just saying/doing the first thing that comes to your mind.

I was happy you responded because you seemed nice, and I was just ok going back to what I was doing. I thought this conversation was over

But sky decided to come in here and dig into my wounds, and now you're moving from critique to insult.

I used to think BlueMoon was awesome but I have only met a select few who are actually nice to me. I dont ask for people to blindly trust me or hold my hand or whatever, but how can I be expected to enjoy being loathed and constantly put down.

I came for simple tips, not even ones directly aimed at me, as I thought itd waste space to make another thread when the top one was already on the subject.

You asked for advice. I was always weighing up whether you were a troll or genuine. I think I can be sure in my thoughts as to which one you are now.

Nobody is trying to deliberately insult you, @NerdyValk . We're trying to tell you how others perceive your posts and the things you say. I agree with Dirty Fingers. I wouldn't want to message someone who posts "I'm lazy" and asks for me to GM a story for them. Those perceptions affect whether your RT is successful or not.

But sky decided to come in here and dig into my wounds, and now you're moving from critique to insult.
This kind of attitude and approach towards literally everything that you take offense to, liberally I might add, is the crux of why you have such a problem finding partners. Nobody wants to approach someone who behaves like this. No one. Particularly when it's always an us vs them scenario where the point is proven time and time again and it's like walking on eggshells finding that thin line to see what offends you, paired up with a constant lack of effort to resolve your own issues and the mildly concerning emphasis on other people doing the bulk of work in setting up a context for you in a roleplay.

Removing the red flags from the RT just makes it take a little longer to tell. It's not how you pitch yourself. It's how you conduct yourself. The latter is the problem, the former's just a symptom. This will probably be taken as an attack by Jason in a Friday the 13th horror movie, but it's probably the most direct and honest reply you're going to get, and sometimes the truth hurts.

@NerdyValk - To be honest, I think you are attacking people who trying to help you, but I'm not going to go deep into this discussion, instead I'll give you three advices:

I want Novel format: RP has to read like a book, cant enjoy it any other way.
The goods. Length wise I consider a like 3 sentence minimum, not harsh, but I will make bigger posts if you do, just don't bully me alright?

You should clarify, and maybe provide an example of what that means. I know you know what that means, but trust me not everyone does, and I'm actually confused whether you expect me to write - 15 paragraphs or just 3 sentences.

I want a friend: Id like to be your friend OOC too! Chatting and all that.

This is scary. I'm serious – I don't know how to react to that. I can control what I'm writing, I can't control what I'm feeling, I can't promise to be somebody's friend, and I don't think there are people who can promise that. In fact I'd recommend avoiding people who actually can promise to be somebody's friend. What you might want to specify - is that you want certain discussion with your partner around RPs, exchange outlines, discuss ideas, friendship might or might not build over time. But this statement actually rings so many bells, and rises so many red flags in my mind! I know I'm not your target audience, but I'm still human, not that different from other humans.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE RT. I DO NOT WANT PMs INVOLVING MY TRIGGERS, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED AND REPORTED.

This is an empty threat, don't make empty threads - You can block people, but reporting people for not reading your topic is very far fetched. If you want people not to mention certain things to you - just put it at the head of your topic - "Please don't talk to me about rape, penetration, etc, I'm easily triggered, and will not respond, and will be tempted to block you, to avoid further discomfort" – or something along these lines.

Back
Top Bottom