Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any Dominant/switch roleplayer looking for plot driven high fantasy stories

JustARoleplayer

A standard 16 oz container.
Come one, Come all, let's write a tale and have a ball!

My name (Or alias, I suppose) is JustARoleplayer, though we can shorten it to jar. I won't make you write out that utter mouthful every time. Anyway! I'm not a huge fan of forum roleplay, so my prefered media are DMs, Chatzy or Discord.
About: JAR
My main genre of interest is high fantasy. Swords, sorcery, and skyborne serpents. Canon roleplay is off the table for me, I prefer unique , custom written plots and settings to avoid all the constraints put in place by a prebuilt world. Alternatively, I love to brainstorm with my partners over a common interest, so even if the examples I provide don't quite tickle your fancy, we can make something else! On some occasions, I enjoy a bit of sci-fi or modern settings with a twist, but I'm a lot shakier with these settings and generally avoid them unless there's some solid groundwork in place.

Playing dominant female characters is my main "trademark" if you will. Nothing makes me want to slam my face into a desk more than playing a whiny, desperate little princess that expects a goody knight to do everything for her. I also prefer to play nonhumans, but this isn't a crucial requirement. Maybe an elusive elf, a lurking lamia or a dastardly devil. But, humans can be fun too with the right framework.

As for story structure, I enjoy the construction of deep story coupled with heavy character development over a long term project. Sex is nice. Sex is very nice. But not without the appropriate build-up!...And also not every 5 minutes. When I say (With a slight cringe at myself) monster girls, I do not mean harem/rape/fuckfest roleplays without any substance or content. Additionally, I have a real soft spot for scenarios in which an unlikely pair are forced together or happen upon one another accidentally, consequently having to figure out how to get along, one way or another.

What to expect from me
In terms of what you can expect from me, I say I'm semi-literate to literate (Shhh, I know you've probably picked out at least 5 typos by now). I can safely manage a few paragraphs per reply, but generally, I'm flexible. That being said, if you expect 10 or so paragraphs...I'm afraid I might not be the gal for you. I will try to respond 2-3 times a week but sometimes it'll drop down to weekly given my work, but I try to hang around for an hour or two at a time when I'm available. I only write in third person, ideally in past tense, but you can write in whichever style you prefer. I won't be upset by a mismatch provided you still make sense :).

The part you've all been waiting for...Current ideas and musings!
Please remember, these are only loose ideas! I want my partners to build on them, or even propose their own ideas. My introductory messages will be much longer than the prompts below, at least a few paragraphs, so don't take them as examples of my writing.

A humble thief, at your service
In this plot, your character is a priest, scholar, adventurer, noble…Something of that vein. Their prized possession, be it a tome, an ancient artefact or heirloom has mysteriously vanished. The law are disinterested in the case, with priorities elsewhere. Alternatively, perhaps your character feels this item is best kept under the law’s radar. As such, they hire someone who can play the culprit at their own game: a thief, criminal or other undesirable. How do you know they’re good at their job, you ask? You’ve never heard of them? Well, that’s the answer to your own question!

A hunted huntress
For whatever reason, your character decides to summon a demon. Perhaps they wish to harness its power, learn its secrets, or use it as a means of practising demon slaying. Regardless, the ritual is only supposed to summon a lesser demon, such as an imp or hellhound. However, turns out your summoning opened a door into Hell at just the right moment! My character is a headstrong, fiery devil who just happened to anger someone just a bit fierier and more aggressive than herself. Seeing a quick route out of certain doom, she hijacks the summoning and replaces its intended subject with herself. Reluctant to serve but even more reluctant to return to Hell, she intends on hanging around on the mortal plane and finding herself a few ways of winning the fight when she gets back.

A usurper in court
Your character is an aspiring magician, wizard or sorcerer/ess aiming to place himself in the High Council of Mages. Perhaps its their background, personality or even goals, but your character has caught some negative attention. Aiming to summon a creature able to watch their back and give them a boost in the ranks, your character dabbles into conjuration. This will play similarly to the above, but rather than the demon hijacking the summoning for personal gain...You were given a false ritual. One designed to summon a powerful succubus, and make your death look like a horny accident. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get along and find an agreeable deal. Succubi are good at more than just smut, you know.

A lamia’s lunch
Your character is falls into a cursed world, one which has long since been lost to mankind. Here, each breath of the wind seems to suck life from the mortal souls which dare gasp before it. This journey was not one walked by choice, with your character stranded in an alternate world as a result of an accident or mishap. Magic exists in this world, but it’s slowly dying. Dragons haven’t soared the skies for generations, and with each year the arcane spark inside each creature slowly fades. The realm has become largely carnivorous, craving magical sources with unmatched fervour. The weak were consumed, with the strongest or most cunning beings of this world hording what little magic flickers on. I intend to play a lamia, one of few sentient races remaining (Although this is negotiable). Her magic has long since faded beyond use, though her natural physiology has given her an edge in at least surviving. Though like every other desperate being here, she craves a source of magic, a source of life. Perhaps she could aid you in getting home? Or maybe, you could rescue the realm and claim it as your own. Though first, you’d have to convince her.

Friend or foe?
This is more of a loose concept rather than a solid plot. Two opposing factions or individuals, both after the same goal. Perhaps it's to assassinate a target for a rich bounty. Maybe it's to recover an ancient tome for a rich noble, who sent out multiple teams for the sake of guaranteeing his prize. Regardless, only the person who seals the job will be rewarded. At first, our characters compete, adamant to claim the reward for themselves. Until the situation turns for the worse, and two enemies are forced to cooperate to get out alive.

-Jar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom