Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Preferred Messenger?

Krad_Nogard

Supernova
It's been years since I've been to the site, amazing to see everything is still here. :)
Just wondering what are the most used instant messaging apps that people here like to use?
feel free to comment whatever...

It's definitely discord from what I've seen! It's the only thing I've seen actually.

I'm glad Discord's kinda become standardized. I used to have MSN Messenger (later Skype) to IM with most of my IRL friends, and then YIM, AIM, and sometimes a couple others for online friends and roleplaying.

Now I just use Discord.

Only reason I still have Skype is my host uses it and he's a good person to have immediate contact with.

It was ICQ and AIM when I started, then MSN, then I was out of the game for a long time. I got pulled onto Discord specifically for RP. Probably 95% of my activity there is RP-related. The channels are convenient.

wow...ICQ and AIM, haven't used those in years. Discord seems to be the platform of choice for the kids these days

Skype, what's that? XP
I'm kidding, I know what it is. ^^ But I notice most have abandoned it, save for its legacy userbase who've had it for ages and still have use for it (mainly, video-conferencing and the like).

Kidding aside, it seems Discord has become the standard for everyone, regardless of the user's age. At least, that seems to be the case for most from Western EU and especially North America. I only cite those regions specifically because I'm from the U.S. & have used Discord since Summer of 2016...just shy of a year since its launch, and most of my RP partners from elsewhere and the couple I've gotten here so far, are from either / or part of the world....all whom use Discord. Most others I've read use some app called 'Telegram' but that's rare, and seems to be getting more so by the day.

There are/were other apps, but they've either shut down (Kik, several others), or are mostly used by under 18'ers. (Snap, Instagram, etc etc....most are geared towards 'drag/drop' image & video posts; not suited for text/IM.....too clunky for that).

I use discord for live group RP where everyone is online at the same time because that's what everyone else uses. If people aren't online at the same time, I prefer ol'fashioned email, mostly so I don't have to have another client open just to see if someone left a message.

I used to use Skype for a long while, but that was years ago. If I'd play in a messenger again these days it would most likely be Discord. :)

It's definitely discord and that has certainly snared a lot more than kids. On one hand, excellent, good design rewarded. But I must be a bit weary of a platform with that scale and oversight, even if it's the only one of its kind doing remotely what I want from the platform.

I like discord, I wish a lot of my former rp friends had it. Most of them have probably fallen off the face of the earth, I don’t mean literally.

God if that makes us old whelp! I too use to love AIM minus the 10 minute connect for a 30 sec disconnect lol
Well maybe msn messenger is older but now days if It's not classed DMs no one knows what im talking about.

I'd say Discord for me too. I'd be uncomfortable sharing my skype and other details with members unless I know them really well.

Back
Top Bottom