Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Lost Draft Recovery?

Nymphadora

Planetoid
It was like a perfect storm of bad timing I guess... I had just finished a great post in conversations and had selected the whole thing to copy out. Unfortunately, I hit Ctrl-V and wiped the post, inserting a single line. I tried Ctrl-Z right away but for some reason, it didn't work for me. I have Typio form recovery but also for some reason, it only had what had just been pasted in by mistake instead of the whole post as a previous capture.

My question is: Does the software hang on to previous drafts somehow at all??

I know this is a long shot but this is the first time in years that I have lost a post because I have things in place that usually work... So I'm rather demoralized overall from it.

Nope.

The closest you get is that it’ll save a draft of whatever you were writing, but it only saves what you did last. If you navigate from the page the history clears, so you can’t hit the undo button in the text window. If you still have the PM or whatever it was open, you may be able to hit the undo button?
While not ideal I recommend you turn on your clipboard history feature in Windows 10, write your drafts in Word/Open Office first. These suggestions won’t save your lost draft, but it may help prevent the loss of future ones.

*nods*

Yeah, I was having that faint hope that the site software might have something. I've not had it happen in so many years. I have those backup plugins specifically to stop it from happening but alas, they failed me!

Back
Top Bottom