Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Inactive RTs - delete or not?

VeeRose

Petal Picker
Hi BMR!

I'm looking to advertise a new specific craving and I want it to have its own request thread, because I anticipate I'll have to be pretty detailed in its description.

I currently have two request threads in the male section, but one of those is inactive as the scenario has been taken. Should this inactive thread be deleted in order to conform to the rules, or is the fact of it being inactive enough for me to be allowed to post another?

Thanks for clearing this up 😊

Several options:

1. So long as you haven't bumped one of your RTs in 24 hours, you can delete the inactive and make a new one. The only problem is if you end up with 3 RTs in the same section all bumped within the same 24 hours, since you're only allowed 2. And if you had recently bumped that request thread but then deleted and made a new one right after, that feels kinda like a subversion of the rules, you know? So, if the thread hasn't had a recent bump, you can delete it and create a new one.

2. Edit the first post. Just edit the first post(select the entire thing and hit backspace and then start typing the new idea, enter a new title if you like, and then hit "save" when you're done) and then bump it. I do not think people here pay attention to posted dates nor does it matter how many bumps there are. Some RTs here have pages and pages of bumps, so, it's not like it'll make the thread look old or overused. In fact, reediting an old thread over and over might add a bit of prestige in some cases.

Oh I hadn't thought of editing it!
Since I haven't bumped anything in a while, I think I'll just go ahead and delete it, then start fresh, but that's an interesting piece of information you just gave me there.

Thank you 😙

Get google docs, copy and paste request thread so you always have a copy encase you want to bring it back

That's also a great idea!
I deleted that one but I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for all your help, guys 😊

Back
Top Bottom