Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Across Dorthall

Brianna would be quick to agree with the final sentiment made by Milvena. She wanted to be one of two places right now. Either the Inn, or the Temple to Methel were going to end up being the destination of choice for Brianna. If Milvena and Lyric continued to the Inn, Brianna would remain with them. If there was another destination that they had in mind before heading toward the Inn, then Brianna would make her way to the Temple.

"I doubt that I have much of interest to say, but I do agree that out in the open like this is not the place for it." Brianna would answer back to Milvena, and then wait for Lyric to say something before speaking any further on the matter.

With her thumb and forefinger clamped onto Veramus' sleeve, Yvette walked into the rows of books. There was almost too much energy in her step. "I'm looking for old things--um, old building plans. Maybe start with the academy, then the Marchioness' manor, then the temples, then the--" Yvette went on and on, listing several buildings that could be considered old and classical. Her eyes swept over the tomes and scrolls they passed, as though she could read them through their spines.

Finally, fresh air! When they first walked outside Lyric took a deep breath and walked sprightly alongside her new companions. There wasn't any problem at the gate to no surprise. Lyric was confident she could have gotten in on her own but it was more prudent t her that she find out more about her new companions. Milvena in particular. Brianna on the other hand seemed very reserved, something that seemed to be a common trait among this group. As they neared the inn, Lyric stepped out ahead to open the door. "I admit I am curious about your motivations as well." As she opened the door for the ladies, she looked to Milvena to show she was speaking to her. "But I would think that ours are relatively obvious." She said, looking the priestess up and down.

"I see! What a riveting project! The architecture of yesteryear is quite the subject for study. Very well, let me show you the building plan section of the archive. I'm afraid the academy's blueprints have likely been moved to the arcane archives across the stairs...but most of these other things you listed should be available.

Verramo lead his junior through a few different doors, some with locks, some without, and into the relevant section of the archive.
The room is small, relative to the size of the archives as a whole, but rolled up documents are placed in latticed shelves quite literally from floor to ceiling, meaning it'd be quite the chore to find exactly what someone might be looking for. Yvette's senior produces a few of the plans she'd requested. The more well-known buildings he had little trouble finding.

"So here we have the plans for...the temple of Methel...and here is the temple of Touril...I believe they say they're the patron deity of safe travel?
...let's see...ooh! Here we have the plans for the royal castle! Very old. Be careful with it." He only points to this particular scroll. "The other ones you asked for I don't know how to find, but feel free to look around. I trust you not to tear any of these delicate, old documents." He gives her a stern glare. "I have to get back to my work. Please come visit me on the third floor once you're done, okay? I have something for your father."

Yvette actually smiled broader, and tapped her head against Verramus' shoulder in a sign of affection. "Thanks. I'll be here a while."

Whether or not he leaves her alone, she sat down with her stack of documents and began looking over those regarding the castle, committing as much to memory as she could. If she is alone, she would make quick copies of the castle plans. The other documents regarding the temples and such are left out around her as though she was studying all of them at once.

Yvette tucked away the plans for the castle into her satchel. Even though it wasn't explicitly brought up in the meeting, it paid to be prepared--or maybe Yvette just did it for her own amusement. Next was the meat of the matter: the Rose Manor plans. She was already in the right section, presumably, so that very much narrowed down her search. If she was the one to organize the archives, she'd do it alphabetically, and that's the method she used to search for the documents. All the while, she handled everything as delicately as Verramus urged.

The young scholar spends the better part of an hour rifling through documents and stowing them neatly back in their place. For the most part, the documents are indeed ordered alphabetically. However, when searching for a building in that way, having the building's name is very important. All Yvette knew about the manor is the fact that the marchioness lives there. How would she even recognize what blueprint to copy? She finds three different plans that she feels could be the right one, but she cannot be certain.

The building plans are for: The Mord East Estate, the Appletree Manor, and the Past-wall home. None of these ring a bell.

Yvette looked from one, to the other, to the other, then back. She already spent some time in there, and Annealer was waiting outside, so she needed to hustle. However, the point of being there was to find the right plans, and if Yvette can't figure that out at a glance then she'd sit back down and copy all three. Again, they'd be rough--a general idea was more important than fine detail, and time was of the essence.

Soon, it was done. So far she had four different copies of varying quality, and she wasn't sure how useful they'd be for the task. Nonetheless, Yvette was finished there, and once she had carefully put everything away, she went up to the third floor to find Verramus.

Sienna began to regret her responsible decision to come here first. She hadn't taken note of the time of day, and this sort of thing was really to be expected. She tried to keep the smile on her face as the girl immediately got roped in to work. Try as she might it seemed harder and harder to find work involving her actual specialties. Such was the life of being a good girl she mused. "Yes ma'am!" she yelled over to her the clattering of plates, mugs, and murmurs of the crowd.

Given the tasks at hand she mumbled to herself and pushed her way through to the bar. Being raised mostly by dwaves, the girl had been taught to tackle problems head on! Which typically meant, unfortunately, getting the hard parts over with first. The girl poked behind the bar and grabbed one of the small kegs to carry over to table two. "I hear you! I hear you! I don't see the gold for another keg!" she prompted the soldiers as she made her way with the barrel.

The table of guards became even rowdier as their...Nth keg of ale arrived, and they seemed incapable of even paying attention to the girl carrying it. Two of them handily liberate Sienna of the object, and tankards are already being refilled before she has any time to really process what's going on. Perhaps they have a tab?

Letting it go for now, the girl took in a deep breath before looking around the room again. Table four seemed interesting and perhaps the sort that might be up to something. She would make her way over to them as best as the girl could. If they continued chatting she did her best to sneak up to the table and pick up the stack of plates slowly.

Back
Top Bottom