Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Crinkled The Paper This Time?

Paper Moon

Meteorite
Hello! This is gonna be my journal for writing the interesting things that happen in my life, rants, and other things I'd like to share. So here goes the first entry!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, I went to see Wicked on Thursday! I've been in the clouds about it for a few days, since watching the musical was a dream of mine for a long time. I had already read some of the book based on the musical, but it was much better watching it live. It didn't really hit until the lovely lady playing Elphalba hit a super high note. So then I burst into tears seconds before intermission. My godmother, she and my godfather had brought me and my mother and older brother there, had asked me if I was interested in theater during said intermission. It had been a thought of mine for a few years, but it occured to me later than I probably didn't have the appearance of a performer. Even still, my godmother looked up colleges relatively close to our area that had degrees for theater and astronomy, my passion since I dunno how long.

Anyways, the thing that crinkled my paper this time was the thought that if we'd waited any longer, I wouldn't've seen Wicked for possibly another five years. It was that long of an absence if not more between its last showing and this one in the town I live in. About five hours before the 2 pm showing at the Saenger, an under-construction building started collapsing, so the showings that day were cancelled. Then the crane they were using to help build the building fell onto the Saenger, so now next week's shows are cancelled too. All I've been saying since then is thank god I saw it when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom