Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Outlandishly Stupid Ideas for Subscription Services

Anael

Teller of Tales
Businesses don't want to sell you anything, anymore. They want you to dump your money in the till every month, and if you don't, they take it away. We used to buy software (today they are called apps). You used it, and if you didn't want to pay for upgrades, you kept using it. Not today - you have to pay. and pay andpayandapyandpay.

Well, I had a thought. Strange, I admit, but I do have them from time to time. And this thought was about the stupidest subscription idea in the world. Tell us what you think would/could be the lamest subscription idea could be.

A subscription to your favorite grocery store (or wherever you buy your groceries). A membership fee of, say $99.99 and monthly user fee of $9.99. Groceries, of course, will cost more because the digital infrastructure has to be maintained.

The food you buy belongs to the grocer, so you'll need an eating license ($999.99) in addition to membership fees - but only if you plan to eat the food you buy. If you drop your subscription all the food you ate, whether you have an eating license or not, reverts to the grocer and you lose all the food you bought there. Non-renewing customers die in about 4 days.

Pretty f'ing stupid, I know, but if Amazon has anything to say about it -well, the climate change problem might, finally, be resolved. 🤣

What's in your head?

Back
Top Bottom