Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Maid RPG: Sexy Harem Anime Action

LordLicentious

Digital Bohemian
What is Maid RPG

Maid RPG comes to us from Japan, courtesy of ace translator, Ewen Cluney (yes, the same guy who translated Tenra Bansho Zero and half a dozen other Japanese RPGs). It's a game about Maids, and optionally one Butler, doing their best to serve the Master at his Mansion, including defending him from a myriad of threats. It's based on harem anime, and it shows. The game's setting, hazards, and even the maids themselves run the gamut of fantasy and sci-fi archetypes, as well as more contemporary material. No matter what, always expect things to get kind of crazy, as random tables rule the day.

So, how sexy is it?

There are explicit rules for seducing other characters, several alternate uniforms you can wear are literally just "being naked", and there's even a Perversion table that newly-created Maids can either roll on or pick from to define what gets their character's motor running. Assuming people show interest, I'll add more detail, but for now, suffice it to say that Maid RPG lends itself very well to highly-sexual games. Be forewarned, though, Maid RPG is not especially interested in consent (though, as GM, I'll make sure everyone is consenting OOC ahead of time, so everyone's still having fun).

Is there some story to go with that sex?

Of course! Maid RPG tends to follow harem anime conventions in the various included scenarios and events, but the game's tone can go from light and airy slice of life all the way to traumatic darkness, all depending on what the group wants to do.

So, what are you planning to do with this weird RPG?

I'm planning a game for two to five interested ladies, assuming there's interest, about Maids vying to earn the ultimate prize: Their beloved Master's seed! As you complete chores and deal with threats, you'll also be trying to get into Master's pants (getting into each other's pants as well is optional, but encouraged). Each time you get him to cum inside you, there's the chance you'll get pregnant. Successfully get knocked up, and your character gets to retire from Maidhood into an actual harem, guaranteed a lifetime of leisure and luxury. Of course, at that point, you just roll up a new Maid (with a few perks from your victory) and it keeps going. This continues basically until everyone gets tired of it.

Wait what was that about a butler?

Yes, assuming there are at least three other people set to play Maids, one player can take up the role of the Butler (who is still a woman, but a woman who looks damn good in a suit). Naturally, Butlers are far more competent than Maids, with higher stats and more powerful special abilities. However, while the Butler is more adept at dealing with threats and handling chores, they automatically lose any conflicts against Maids, and may often end up at their mercy if they're not careful. Where the Maids have their competition, the Butler just has the overarching goal of keeping things orderly, and getting as much alone time with the Master as possible. In the event the Butler gets pregnant, she'll just have to work through it with her usual poise and composure.

So, who plays the Master?

That would be the GM.

Is this just a way for you to indulge cheap harem fantasies under the guise of running an RPG?

No comment.

How will we make characters if we don't own the book?

Well, if you really want the book, you can find places to pick it up with a Google search. However, if things should get underway and you don't feel like grabbing the book, you can just describe your character to me, and I'll put together a maid (or butler) who fits the description. Of course, the intended way to play Maid is to roll up every aspect of your character randomly, so if you don't mind the challenge of playing a randomized weirdo, I'm also happy to do that for you. You can also get a mix, describing certain aspects that are important to your concept, and allowing the rest to be done using tables.

So how's this going to go down?

If some people join up, I'll run the game right here on Bluemoon. I'll expect people to post at least once a day, preferably more if they can. If anyone should drop out or go inactive, additional players can message me and I'll add them in. Because Maid is a fairly light system and is designed to always take place in the Mansion, having new Maids show up is pretty simple.

Anything else we should know?

My F-List is in my signature and you should probably have a look at it. No characters under the age of eighteen.

I remember seeing this, and it was fun. So I would be interested. Will definitely need help making my character, but I doubt that will be an issue.

I have never heard of this before now but... I'm a sucker for anime tropes so I can't say no to this. Interested. Will need to know a run-down of the rules to make a good character. Probably would need someone to teach me how to play.

I can take some time to explain the basics of how Maid works without getting too deep into the numbers, sure. So, first, the game resolves everything with d6s, because for a while in Japan, it was pretty hard to find other polyhedral dice. The larger random charts in the game use multiple d6s as d66 or, in one case, d666. They're treated basically like percentile dice in these cases, with one d6 being the tens digit, and the other being the ones, and then you look up the results on the table. In-game resolution is done entirely with a single d6, where you multiply the die roll by the Attribute you're using to perform the current task (static difficulty numbers run from 4 to 12 normally, though many rolls will be contested rolls). Characters in Maid have the following Attributes: Athletics (fighting and raw physical exertion), Cunning (smarts and manipulation), Affection (making people's hearts go doki-doki), Skill (aptitude at specialized tasks, most especially the core domestic skills of being a maid), Luck (getting by purely by chance), and Will (DETERMINATION; its most important function is determining your Spirit, which is how much Stress you can take before your Stress Explosion). For Maids, these are generated randomly as 2d6/3 (round down), giving a base range of 0-4, Butlers gets 2d6/2 for everything except Luck (2d6/3) and Will (2d6), and Master's stats are 2d6/4 (except Will, which is always 2). Attributes are normally done as "honest rolls" (as in, you roll in order, and then record them in exactly that order), but regardless of which creation method you go with, I'll be going with "assigned rolls" (roll the dice, and then plug the results in wherever you want).

Maids and Butlers are further modified by their Types. Every character has two Types (this can be two of the same type, reinforcing that type's traits), with Maid Types representing broad harem anime girl archetypes, and Butlers representing more narrow character types specifically tuned to butler characters. Each Maid Type adds a point to one attribute, and subtracts one from another (Butler Types only add). Note that one of the Maid types is being reskinned a little (along with a number of other elements from the game) because unmodified, it's not good for BMR. Maid types are: Cute (sweet, innocent, immature), Sexy (charming, coquettish, glamorous, mature), Pure (maidenly, fragile, naive, caring), Cool (unflappable, emotionless, composed, basically the Japanese version of "cool"), Boyish (tough, energetic, vigorous), and Heroine (earnest, can-do, friendly).

Maids and Butlers also have special Maid/Butler Powers (Maids get one, or two if the total of their Attributes is 9 or less, while Butlers always have two). Maid Powers are based on the Maid's highest Attribute (for ties, they just pick one), while Butler Powers are based on their Types. These powers allow for a wide range of effects, from being able to just appear anywhere in the Mansion instantly, to recovering Stress (for yourself or others), to automatically letting you "punish" Maids when they lose Favor.

On the topic of Stress, Stress occurs mostly from failing rolls or being beaten in contested rolls (note that you can always avoid Stress from other Maids by just acquiescing to their demands without rolling). When stress exceeds your Spirit (Will x 10), you have a Stress Explosion, where for a little while, you can do nothing but engage in your Stress Explosion activity (which includes Gambling, Crying, Teasing, Violence, Prayer, and Seclusion, as a few examples). Butlers do not have Stress Explosions, and must spend Favor to reduce excess Stress. The Master, however, does have a Stress Explosion, and it's pretty inconvenient for everyone when it happens.

As Maids complete chores or generally please the Master, they'll gain Favor, which can be used to boost rolls, reduce Stress in a pinch, or permanently increase Attributes. However, if you hit zero Favor, you have to reduce your Attributes to get Favor back, or else be dismissed from your post (and have to roll up a new Maid).

Another way of gaining Favor is by being Seduced. When a character Seduces another, they gain the ability to order the Seduced around without needing to roll for it, but must also award them Favor from their own pool for following those orders (and can't take Favor away like the Master can). Additionally, characters in such relationships can roleplay out certain romantic activities to reduce Stress (or can do something mean to inflict it). However, to prevent the system from being abused, Seduction must be rolled for, but only the seducer takes Stress if they fail (they also lose Favor if they tried to go for the Master, and Butlers always lose Favor when doing the Seducing, because they're supposed to prevent chaos, not introduce more). Of course, nothing is stopping the target from resisting the Seduction attempt with their lowest Attribute....

On top of all that mechanical stuff, characters also have two (or more, with GM approval) Special Qualities, representing various gimmicks and details that further define your characters. This can be as mundane and simple as "Glasses" to as exotic as "Gynoid" or "Vampire", to as complicated as the various results on the "Criminal Activities" or "Dark Past" subcharts. You also roll up or choose a Maid Weapon (or two Butler Weapons), representing what you whip out when rolling Athletics to fight.

Characters' color schemes are also determined randomly in the book, but I imagine most players will have their own ideas for that much, at least. But, if not, the option to have it done randomly exists.

Well, that wound up being more words than I foresaw, but hopefully it gives a decent idea of what you can expect.

Okay. This is interesting. I might come up with an idea for a maid soon and if not, I might have to roll randomly and go from there. I might just go with a complete randomly generated character and see what comes out of it.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, Maid's pretty light and low-pressure, and I'l likely leave this thread up for a little bit to see how many people it attracts for an initial group. I prefer to run games for at least three people when possible, especially in a case like this, where a two-person competition wouldn't really be as chaotic or interesting.

I would be interested in participating. However I do recall that there are some abilities/aspects of the game that involve 'real life' time passing, such as the World for Two Maid power. How would you handle stuff like that?

Rather than keeping things locked down to preset amounts of real-world time, things would just last a vaguely-defined reasonable amount of time, since I figure we're all grown-ups and we can work that stuff out. Like, World for Two and similar powers might last enough time to do one scene (sex, making out, an intimate heart-to-heart talk, tea party, picnic, etc.), while a stress explosion might just last for a "chunk" of time (like, if you have the explosion at lunch, it might last until dinner, though I'd make it possible for other characters to just help roleplay out one's recovery to get it done sooner, and special explosions like "Fainting" might only last the rest of the combat scene), and so on. I'm definitely going to be focusing on the roleplaying first and foremost, with the dice just serving to introduce a an element of chance. Like, in-game days will pass at a rate that feels appropriate (and I'll likely put up a notice ahead of time before time passes, so the Maids can prepare for things like serving meals or what have you), I'm not gonna stress too much about it, all told.

Oh, right, it may be relevant to note, that due to the system rather broadly encouraging sex between the Maids/Butler, and not just the Master, Futa characters are quite welcome, as long as everyone else playing is comfortable with them (in fact, one of the Maid Special Qualities listed in an earlier post is exactly that, so it'll even be enumerated on your character sheet).

Yeah I don't like futa stuff much either. I mean I can still give it a try but I'd like it more if there wasn't futa stuff too.

It's good to see some steady interest accruing, though I might let the thread percolate a bit longer before starting official preparations, in order to make sure there's a nice, robust pool of players, just in case a couple people get busy or real life happens or so on. Wouldn't want to get everyone's hopes up for nothing. If anyone is eager to get a character statted up ahead of time, however, my PM box is open, and I'd be happy to assist.

How many people do you plan on having in the game? So far I see 4, but I have no idea if there are others in secret that are gathering as well.

I'm shooting for between three and five, preferably closer to five (both for the increased chances of chaos, and as a buffer if people drop out, so the call can go out for potential replacements without the game getting slowed down). Like many/most TT RPGs from Japan, by the way, the characters are rarely expected to stick together in one group, which is another reason having several players is best. For instance, an example snapshot of a game of Maid might have two maids engaged in a Seduction roll-off in the bedroom, a third on her own frantically trying to clean the study without breaking everything, and a fourth sucking up (figuratively) to the Master by the pool while the Butler does her best to ward her off. This aspect of Maid (and other Japanese tabletop games) lends itself well to a text-based environment, as the GM can interact with all of these scenes simultaneously, rather than one at a time, though, in many cases (for example, Seduction), the GM's direct involvement isn't required.

Just wanted to voice my interest, MaidRPG is always a blast with its silly random bullshit and I would love to play it in a lewd setting.

Add me to the interested list, please!

First lewd group RP for me, but it sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I've seen the system before but never tried it, so double the reason for me to look forward to it!

Aright, I decided to have a quick head count for people interested, based on posts, and it seems we've got a fair few potential players. The more the merrier, of course, just in case of dropouts, but, I think it's about time I put a deadline on this, so, let's make it nice and even, since the thread started last Tuesday, the deadline will be next Tuesday, October 15th 2019. If anyone else wants to play, hop in the thread and declare your intent by that point. I'll more or less draw names out of a hat for those beyond five, and everyone else will be able to jump in as soon as someone can't quite play anymore. Note that if you want to play, you must have a post in this thread. This is mostly for record-keeping and ensuring everyone's got a fair shot.

So, some ground rules, to recap, about the game itself, so everyone can decide if it's for them.

-OOC consent is paramount when it comes to sexual content. While mechanics exist that can let one Maid basically force another to do their chores for them or generally acquiesce to certain demands (like giving up the last slice of cake), you will never be required to engage sexually with another Maid if you're not interested for whatever reason. That said, you likely won't get as much as you might want out of the game if you're not at least interested in sexing up the Master (a human man, who may, based on random charts, have certain minor supernatural powers/features, also feel free to check my F-list to confirm how well we'd get on), as well as at least interested in FxF pairings in a general sense (not being interested in some of the Maids likely won't negatively impact your experience, but not being interested in any of the Maids might).

-While I try to be open about kinks, there's a lot of stuff that people just generally do not want to see at all, even in scenes they're not involved in. As such, as part of setup, be sure to list anything that falls into that category for you. For example, I'm going to start with no bodily functions that aren't normally part of sex, no animal genitals/breasts, no vore, and no guro.

-If you'd like to be the Butler (who, as a reminder, will also be a woman in this game), be sure to note your interest. If multiple players want the role, it'll be decided first on a basis of need vs. greed (i.e., someone who would prefer to be the Butler will be given the role over someone who's just okay with being the Butler), and then picked at random. Being the Butler means being somewhat at the mercy of the Maids when they decide to pick on you, but with the benefit of being objectively better at everything else.

-If you have any questions or require clarification, you can either post them here, or PM me.

People who've expressed interest so far:
-ZRS
-Freeko
-Azecreth
-Ippo
-Joyful-Fabo
-Rose-Tinted Dreams

About the only thing that is on my no thank you list, is anything futa related. Just.. no.

I have expressed this previously and I will do so again now, and maybe a few more times in the future as well.

None of mine are futa, so don't worry, fren. Pretty much all of them ended up boyish, tho.

Well my hard NOs are scat (watersport counts too), underage stuff and vore so just putting it out there.

My only No's are stuff related to the toilet and vore/gore/mutilation/torture/whatever. I'm okay with a lot of stuff~

And I have a maid pretty much finished too!

Back
Top Bottom