Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Loving Gardevoir (feat. Fandomizer)

LordLicentious

Digital Bohemian
"Okay, why don't you tell me exactly what happened?"

Joseph Cotter, nineteen, an up-and-coming Pokemon trainer, grabs the back of his neck as he sorts out the details of this morning's unusual events. He stands in the laboratory of Professor Juniper, the premiere Pokemon researcher in the Unova region. He looks you over again as you stand on the scanning pad, the concern apparent on his face. Mere hours ago, you'd been a perfectly normal Kirlia, engaged in some target practice against your Master's Scizor in nearby Accumula Town. The scarlet bug's resistances made him ideal for improving precision and accuracy. However, testing out that new Thunderbolt TM set off a shocking chain of events. The attack pierced right through Scizor's defenses, and he fainted straight away, looking more than a little annoyed. It was then that you, at long last, started to evolve. Joe's excitement gave way to confusion, as he compared your new form against the data in his Pokedex. "That's weird, you're a little taller than five-three, and, well, I don't think other Gardevoir have, um, those," he said, gesturing to the breasts protruding on either side of your chest plate. He added, "We're not far from Nuvema Town, we should go see Professor Juniper, she'll probably know what to do."

Unfortunately, even following the relation of what had happened, the professor is as much at as loss as your Master. "I've never seen anything like this. Clearly humanoid physical features on a Pokemon. And they're not just cosmetic, they appear to include fully-functional organs and glands. A purely cosmetic change might have been explained by how close your Gardevoir is to you; she probably sees herself as human in some ways. However, to completely alter her physiology like this? To put it simply, I'm stumped. If you ever make your way to Kanto, I'd suggest looking up Professor Samuel Oak, he's the world's foremost expert on Pokemon, if he can't figure it out, nobody can."

Joe nods his understanding. "Alright. I'm just glad she's not in any danger, really. I don't know what I'd do without her. Maybe we can hop a boat in Castelia, if we're lucky." Your trainer thanks the professor, and approaches you with a reassuring smile. "Well, this is pretty weird, but, you look, well, you look good, I think, so I hope you don't feel bad about looking different." He offers his hand to help you step down from the scanning machine.

Joe looks a little surprised the Gardevoir's sudden announcement. "Oh, sure, okay, Sable it is, then. We can find a Name Rater to make it official whenever you'd like." As she dressed herself and headed out, her Master followed behind. "It's good to see that you're feeling confident in your new form, I was worried you'd get self-conscious." He adjusts the weight of his backpack, which draws attention to his body. He hasn't gotten new clothes in a few years, since before his final growth spurt, and it really shows in the way his too-tight T-shirt hugs the lean muscles over his abdomen and chest.

"So, um, did you want to try heading to Castelia and seeing about a boat to Kanto? I can call out Golurk to fly us there whenever you're ready. Or, uh, are you sure you're okay? You know you can tell me anything, right?" Joseph seems concerned by your sudden shift in attitude, but he couldn't possibly imagine how deep those changes might run.

"Oh, I see. That makes sense. If you want, I can carry you until you're more used to walking around like that." Joe's suggestion carries no hint of ulterior motive, and it would be far from the first time he'd carried his dear partner, either out of necessity or for fun. It's unlikely a Gardevoir would be able to sit on his shoulders the way a Kirlia could, but the tone on his biceps is ample proof that Sable could be carried in her Master's arms quite easily.

He looks down at his new outfit, raising an eyebrow. "Thanks, but, where exactly did all these clothes come from? I get we used to have to steal a lot to get by, but we've got money now, we don't have to do that anymore. Next time you think we could use a wardrobe change, please, just let me know, and we can go shopping, alright?" Joseph places a hand on Sable's shoulder, smiling warmly.

Back
Top Bottom