Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Modern Noir Superhuman Group RP

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
I want to run a group rp with a similar concept to the anime Speed Grapher. Set in a gritty and corrupt version of Tokyo, the wealthy elite visit a fetish club that caters to the more perverse tastes, if you can pay. Oh, and also occasionally produces superhumans based around their obsessions and kinks. I don't want an exact replica of anime, I just want to b orrow some of the concepts and explore them more deeply. The fetish vlub is central to the story, but didn't see a lot of screen time. Most likely because it was an anime, and not a hentai. That said, I think BMR is a great medium to explore it in great depth.

Anyways, this is a very loose idea, which needs substantial fleshing out to make into a game. I would want a relativity high-smut game (for a group thread), so between 30%-50% smut, but also exploring the ways the characters are changed by their newly found superpowers, how they give into theirlusts and obsessions or how they resist them. I would really want a competition aspect to it, among the players, so one idea could be that this club hosts gladiatorial matches between members, where the winner gets to take advantage of the loser? This could also include lewd bets between non-participating players.

Overall, this might be too ambitious for a group rp, but I would love to get feedback form the community.

With the powers do they end up giving you specific kinks or perversions? That would be a way of balancing some seeming op ability with a weakness that can't be resisted, or can be exploited at times.

I figure we could discuss how a fetish might become a power. Like, a bondage enthusiast might get the power to control ropes or something like spiders webbing. Someone who subs or enjoys giving pleasure might get telepathy or empathic feedback. A dom might get minor mind control or suggestion.

As far as the fights go, we can either have players agree ahead of time whonis going to win, flip a coin, or have the other players act as judges. Don't really want to bog this down with rules, would rather trust players to make an interesting game themselves.

With the powers do they end up giving you specific kinks or perversions? That would be a way of balancing some seeming op ability with a weakness that can't be resisted, or can be exploited at times.
Okay, I just got what you meant. Yeah, I think that is a good idea, that the powers have costs or weaknesses associated with them. I love stories that pit the character against themselves, and I hope I am not the only one.

I love concepts like this, but what I've noticed is that they trend very FxF unless everyone involved agrees to unequivocal bisexuality. Which still leaves me, MxM, with 95% female partners. I would play a bi MC and play through that, if there was ever male opponents/slaves/masters/whatever to engage with. It's just yet to actually happen.

So, I'm interested in this if it works out to be a true variety of openminded participants. Roman gladiators + the mutant brothel from X-Men + Ghost in the Machine = potential awesomeness.

Okay, I just got what you meant. Yeah, I think that is a good idea, that the powers have costs or weaknesses associated with them. I love stories that pit the character against themselves, and I hope I am not the only one.
It makes it more challenging in some ways, because while you might have this super cool ability to tie Japanese level bondage knots with your mind, you get a dose of raging hormones in your body when you see bare knees (or something...)

It's a cool concept, I'd go for it but I have been the kiss of death in other groups in the past so I will grant you a blessing and watch from afar.

I love this idea. Now I just need to come up with a power idea (instead of the “Superman lite” power suite I tend to favor...).

If it helps, here’s a random power name generator. My list included “absorb matter” and “vampirism”, which gives me the seeds of an idea.

Last edited:
I love concepts like this, but what I've noticed is that they trend very FxF unless everyone involved agrees to unequivocal bisexuality. Which still leaves me, MxM, with 95% female partners. I would play a bi MC and play through that, if there was ever male opponents/slaves/masters/whatever to engage with. It's just yet to actually happen.
I don't intend to limit genders or sexulities of the players, but I can't really control who joins. I do hope we get a variety so everyone can engage in their preferred pairing.

It's a cool concept, I'd go for it but I have been the kiss of death in other groups in the past so I will grant you a blessing and watch from afar.
I mean, I can't force you to join, but group rps rarely last long anyways. I just intend to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

I love this idea. Now I just need to come up with a power idea (instead of the “Superman lite” power suite I tend to favor...).

If it helps, here’s a random power name generator. My list included “absorb matter” and “vampirism”, which gives me the seeds of an idea.
Thanks for linking a random generator. I haven't even begun thinking a character but that might be a route I take if/when this gets going.

Here is to hoping some more people join up over the weekend!

If you get it going I may still jump in, I love a good group RP I just seem to get into the ones that die off. Not all villains wear capes!

I'd be M x F, no idea about powers though. I'm not sure my kinks easily translate to powers. Would have to think over this some more.

I usually play F but I wanna play M this time, make him either pan or bi, that’s to say I can gladly do either pairing

When writing a male, I prefer MxF. I can write a gay or bi man, but I don’t have any such inclination IRL and so it’s more of a stretch.

When writing a female, I can write MxF and FxF.

Depending on what Corsair decides to play, it looks like we might end up a bite male heavy. Not that I mind, but hopefully we can another female character or two to join in.

So I am thinking my character would have a taste for group sex, and would have powers that allow her to create upto two or three duplicates. Just not sure what sort of weakness or downside to incorporate into it.

Maybe someone with a taste for rough sex - choking, blood play, hot wax, whips, and so on. He’s got healing powers that work on himself and others, allowing him to go to an extreme. But, every time he uses them, he changes gender. That way, I can cover both a male and a female character.

Just not sure what sort of weakness or downside to incorporate into it.

Maybe all of the duplicates experience everything that happens to any of the duplicates? It wouldn’t be a drawback in an orgy, necessarily, but imagine having one of them trying to balance the books for the club.

If the balance is gonna become an issue I can gender flip one of my character concepts.

The idea is a detective with a voyeurism/exhibitionism fetish and some minor oral fixation, she'd be a tomboy and wear full classic hardboiled detective attire; hat, suit, tie, longcoat, the whole nine yards.

Powerwise I'm thinking she can use a sort of clairvoyance to get snapshots of information, visual only maybe, with some flexibility as of what she wants to look, maybe throw in a bit of precognition or pastsight. Her limiter for this ability would tie into her exhibitionism, each use of her ability would burn off a part of her attire or accelerate the burn if already lit. The fire would be magical and not all that flashy, just lit bright edges from holes as if caused by a lit cigarette, it wouldn't hurt or burn others but it wouldn't be able to be stopped by conventional means, regardless of the material it will burn through the garment as if it were paper. The patch of clothes the use of the power burns up would depend on how detached the obtained image is from her regular sight. I was thinking her oral fixation could burn up a garment wholesale to create a useful or desired item in her mouth. Lastly, her exhibitionism would give her a small boost to her physical capabilities in relation to how exposed she is at the moment, only up to peak human/olympian level.
Just not sure what sort of weakness or downside to incorporate into it.

Gonna add my two cents about this, maybe the clones being weaker than the original? maybe being imperfect copies, physically or psychologically? Maybe they are a little too rebellious if left out too much?

hmmm...reading these powers I am still not sure what to make. Some stuff here. Most of my kinks are about clothes and I can't think of a good power to do with that right now.

hmmm...reading these powers I am still not sure what to make. Some stuff here. Most of my kinks are about clothes and I can't think of a good power to do with that right now.

Cloth animation? Or maybe you’ve got something like sponerettes, and you can control the silk you produce. It allows you to generate your own clothes, but you could put it to other uses as well.

That's an idea, like spiderman but make more kinky web shapes than nets and parachutes....now I have some ideas for thought. Thanks!

Random question, here: what is the theme of this RP going to be? I mean, is this a kind of “low-level supers exploring their powers (and fetishes) is a gritty setting” sort of game, or an “increasing detachment from society as their powers grow and the supers slowly transcend humanity” sort of game? Or am I overthinking the concept?

Basically, is this smutty Marvel Knights, or smutty Aberrant?

Could I do someone who has a capability with pheromones to arouse, entice, or make general suggestions. not mind control, but be persuasive enough to get someone to move down the path to doing things they normally wouldn't. I could branch off but I like the idea of the more people are around him, the easier it is to control.

Back
Top Bottom