Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In need of metal. Badly. HALP.

Laudanum

Super-Earth
So yes. As the title says, I need some new metal.
I'm quite picky when it comes to this particular genre.
I love power metal. Symphonic stuff. Folk/viking stuff. Pirate metal. Etc.
Not in the mood for any black metal, death metal, so on and so forth.
Ah, and I know I said viking stuff, but no Amon Amarth. Not really into them.

Here's what I've been listening to lately, to give you an idea. Pardon any misspellings, but you know how these bands are.
Alestorm, Manowar, Bal-Sagoth, 3 Inches of Blood, KORPIKLAANI! (sorry, they deserve caps and an exclamation point, due to how frigging sweet they are.), Winterlong, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Turisas, Heidevolk, Astral Doors, Steel Attack, Rhapsody of Fire, Edguy, Symphony X, Almora, Sonata Arctica, Primal Fear.

And there you have it. That's my current "On-The-Go" Playlist on my iPod. So yes, anything along these lines would be lovely. Accordion/violin is a plus, understandable/ish vocals would be groovy, and if they're music videos are cheesy enough, (see: "Wooden Pints" by Korpiklaani) they win instantly.

Let the search begin.

Hmm.. some of Deathstars is Metal..not sure what type. -.-

Some of Evergrey's stuff.

Ra ..maybe.

Eh yeah thats all I got.

Borknagar- Great band, mostly I heard it called "Progressive Black Metal" but the songs I have of them have hardly any growling and some Great Great Clean vocals
Arcturus- Well this is an interesting band none the least. Tends to be called "Circus Metal"
Waylander- Celtic Folk metal band with some catchy tunes
Lamented Souls- Doom metal with some heavy blues influences
Lumsk- Some great fiddle play accompanied by simply beautiful female vocals
Ensiferum-The band that is in all my metal lists

They raise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing! Korpiklaani always makes me want to dance.

I am currently listening to:

Fellsilent
Mastodon
Hurt (not really metal but rocky)
Machine Head ^.^
Maximum The Hormone

Have fun!

Not mention Rhapsody?
I certainly did! Though as Rhapsody of Fire.

Laudanum said:
Here's what I've been listening to lately, to give you an idea. Pardon any misspellings, but you know how these bands are.
Alestorm, Manowar, Bal-Sagoth, 3 Inches of Blood, KORPIKLAANI! (sorry, they deserve caps and an exclamation point, due to how frigging sweet they are.), Winterlong, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Turisas, Heidevolk, Astral Doors, Steel Attack, Rhapsody of Fire :mrgreen: , Edguy, Symphony X, Almora, Sonata Arctica, Primal Fear.

Hmm no clue if youd like Clutch as theyre now marked as Hard Rock by many but how about Children of Bodom?

• Clutch. <33333
      I've been listening to them since early middle school.

Laudanum agrees and he too enjoys them.
      [/list:u][/list:u]

I started listening to them by accident, I Initially thought it was a FF CD I grabbed from my boy's room. Hes been to all of their concerts in Ny

Type O, Iced Earth, Ensiferum, Hammerfall, Nightwish = Win.
I've checked out a few of the ones I haven't heard of, and, so far, so good. *thumbs up*

Call off the hunt. I've finally been directed to EXACTLY what I've been looking for.
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Le Grand Guignol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AnaGo-JKS4[/youtube]

Fricking amazing.

I noticed you wrote you were into power metal, there I can suggest a band like DragonForce, knowing their music is mainly powerplaying. You should check out their latest CD, it has a few nice songs but otherwise some of their older work is very amazing.

Rhapsody of Fire. The most medeval heavy rock I think you'll get. Their songs, Holy Thunderforce, Dawn of Victory, and Power of the Dragon Flame are in my opinion their best, but the other songs are good too.

There is a serious lack of Blind Guardian in this thread.
Also, you would've liked the Paganfest tour. Saw Korpiklaani for the second time, and Eluveitie was supposed to be on it, but bitched out.
Swashbuckle is pretty good for Pirate Metal, though they're not as piratey as Alestorm. Running Wild is, of course, the original pirate metal band.

If I had to reccommend a weird band that I'm psyched for right now, check out Demons & Wizards, it's the guitarist from Iced Earth and the vocalist from Blind Guardian. It's low tuned, melodic, sort of dark guitars ("Demons") with the falsetto vocals and weird lyrical themes that have made Blind Guardian famous ("Wizards.")

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjVR9gfBGy4[/youtube]

I'm a bit of an Avantasia fan.

The Tower
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8_p5ZqdGU[/youtube]

Farewell
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtYHYS8-Pew[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom