Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Bad Ends Revival (Homebrew System, Noncon-Heavy)

Morathor

Supernova
The Basics
I'm re-launching an RP I've run before, which uses my homebrewed system, Despair and Desire. I've run a couple of games in this system already, and continued to refine it based on how well or poorly it has worked. Generally, the system is modeled somewhat off of D&D fifth edition, but streamlined somewhat for forum play, and geared towards the characters being eventually defeated, captured, and raped. If that doesn't interest you, this will not be the RP for you.

The Premise
The RP centers around what was once a holy city, devoted to a goddess of love and beauty. Every aspect of the city's layout and architecture was designed to amplify her divine power, shaping the world to be a better place. However, centuries ago, the goddess disappeared, and the blessings she bestowed upon the world began to fade. Not long after, a god of lust and madness took over the holy site, corrupting various sacred altars and using the power of the city to spread his own divine corruption across the land. Now the holy city is crawling with all manner of horrors, some of which spill beyond its boundaries to plague civilization. Entering the city, or even living near it, will begin to twist the mind, and those who enter rarely make their way out.

If there is any hope, it lies in a series of sacred altars throughout the city. If you can fight your way to one and purify it, the entire district of the city will be cleansed of evil, at least for a time. Using these altars, it may be possible to clear a path to the heart of the city--the grand temple of the goddess, and the altar that awaits there. If you can cleanse that, the dark god's corruption may be lifted from the land.

The Kinks
This is a group RP and everyone's going to come in with their own kinks and limits. I will try my best to accommodate those; depending on how the group turns out, it might mean that certain scenes will be played out in separate, private threads, or that after falling in battle a captured character is handed off to a different enemy than the one that caught them. However, there are certain kinks it's going to be hard or impossible to avoid without completely rebuilding the setting and system. Also, I have some limits of my own; please don't expect those to show up if I'm involved in the scene. (You're welcome to do scenes between players that don't involve me.)

Anyway, the following kinks will be included:
--Noncon/rape/dubcon
--Corruption
--Nonsexual violence/pain
--Bondage/wrestling/tentacles
--Drugs/aphrodisiacs

And I won't be dealing with any of the following:
--Scat/watersports
--Underage/loli/shota
--Gore

Beyond that, I'll try to be accommodating and include things that the players will enjoy, at least for their own scenes. (I'll admit I'm a little on the fence about male PCs and incest but I can try if someone really wants to.)

Optional Rules
Despair and Desire has a lot of optional rules to customize it for a particular playgroup, setting, or tone. We can discuss which of these we want to use, but here are some I think would be good:
--Safe Haven: Basically this is a checkpoint system; in this case, once you reach an altar, you can go back to town, rest up a bit, and pick up the quest right where you left off.
--Purity: By default, the game has sex and arousal be pure roleplay--no mechanics, no dice, no numbers. But I think it might be fun to include these rules detailing arousal, orgasms, and sexual combat.
--Last Stand: This allows you to sacrifice your character in order to get the rest of the party out of a pinch. Its intended use would be if you encounter a particular enemy that you're really keen to play out a bad end with, you can basically give up and let yourself loose, without endangering the rest of the party. However, I've also found it very helpful when a player has to leave the game; it gives their character an exit that moves everyone forward while also raising the stakes.
--Stamina: This basically gives you an MP bar for special moves, although even if you don't take any special moves that cost stamina, you can still use it to heal yourself.
--Second Chance: You won't find this in the rules, I haven't added it yet, but it seems to be something that a lot of players have been interested in. The default system assumes that, if your character is defeated and captured, that's the end for them. You play out what happens to them, and then you come up with a new character. However, this system would give you the chance to rescue your fallen allies, at least a few times. The experience would definitely leave a mark, though, and if they keep getting captured they really will be lost forever.

So, what do you think? Anyone interested? Anyone have questions?

Hiya! I read one of your RPs before and am therefore extremely interested in doing a roleplay in this system. I recently have dipped my toes in the world of smutty DnD systems RP, so I would be excited to give this a shot.

I'm not the biggest on a group scenario, but so long as the group isn't any bigger than 3 or 4 PCs, I would be happy to give it a shot.

I'm hella interested. I keep trying and hoping something like this will stick. I haven't played D&D for real in a long time, but I'm up for getting back into that mode. I'm primarily MxM, but tentacles and other monstery stuff are awesome.

And this is a good time of day for me!

Wow this does look like fun, if you're happy to bear with a complete DnD newbie! I also wouldn't want to be in too big of a group, Grimorie's 3-4 suggestion sounds ideal.

Back
Top Bottom