Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mircoscope - A New World (OOC)

Kord

Moon
Greetings all, welcome to our little adventure! Microscope is a bit different to most other roleplaying games so feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the system here. Our first order of business is to establish the groundwork for our game to begin. I will list out those steps below.

The Golden Rule
Nothing is scared, if it isn't blacklisted it can probably happen. We are here to build upon each other's ideas but once we start, we do not collaborate. The game describes Nuking Atlantis as an example:

Nuking Atlantis
Or “Can I just say that guy is dead?”

It doesn’t matter who created that gleaming city on the hill or
who played that character in the last Scene: if it’s your turn,
you can do whatever you want. No one owns anything in the
history. You can make an Event and say “this is when the Prophet
gets assassinated” or “this is when that awesome city you guys
have been going on about gets nuked. Boom!” You have nigh
unlimited power, so long as you don’t contradict what’s already
been established.

Don’t pull your punches. Killing a character or nuking a city
doesn’t remove it from the game because you can always go
back in time and explore what it was like when it was still around.
No matter what you do, other players can still go back and use
it, so don’t be afraid to wipe things out. Nothing is ever removed
from the history. The past is never closed.

Step 0: On's and Off's
Let us know what your on's and off's for sexual roleplaying are. You can find mine in my F-List profile in my signature. As a rule, anyone's off's should be automatically blacklisted from coming up in the game whilst everything else is generally fair game.

Step 1: Big Picture
We need to brainstorm an overview of the history we want to play and boil it down to a single sentence. One line that summarizes what happens, but leaves out all the details. Something along the lines of:

An ancient empire rises and falls.

Cavemen at the dawn of time found the first civilization.

Mankind leaves the sick Earth behind and spreads out to the stars.

We want to pick something big so we have lot of time and space to work with. It doesn't have to be overly interesting, that comes later.

Step 2: Bookend History
History in our game will be divided into Periods. They are very large chunks of time, probably decades or centuries. We must agree on descriptions for the Periods at the start and the end of our history just a few sentences or a paragraph at most that paints a clear picture of what happens during that timeline. We should also decide the Tone of that Period if it is generally happy or tragic, Light or Dark.

Step 3: Palette - Adding or Blacklisting Ingredients
Next we need to take a step back and create our history's Palette. A list of things the we agree to reserve the right to include or, conversely, outright ban. This happens in a simple round robin as described below:

Make two columns, one for Yes and one for No:

1) Each player can add one thing, either a Yes or No.
Add something to the Yes column if you think the other
players would not expect it to be in the history, but you
want to be able to include it.

Add something to the No column if you think the other
players would expect it to be in the history, but you don’t
want it included.

Players can go in any order. You don’t have to add
anything to the Palette if you don’t want to.

2) If every player did add something (either a Yes or No),
repeat step 1: each player has the option to go again. If
someone opted not to add something, stop: your Palette
is done. In the end, no player will have added two things
more than anyone else.

Feel free to discuss and negotiate. No one should be unhappy about what
winds up added or banned on the Palette.

If something is in the Yes column, then during the rest of
the game it’s okay to introduce it into the history even if
it doesn’t seem like it fits. You’ve all agreed it belongs.

If something is in the No column, it’s never okay to bring
into the game, no matter what. You’ve all agreed it’s not
part of the history.

Step 4: First Pass
The group discussions are now over. For the rest of the game, each of us makes decisions individually and has vast power to shape and change history. We will each get a chance to add a new Period or Event to start as described below.

To add a Period, place it between any two adjacent
Periods, then give a short description of what happens
during that time. Say if the Tone is Light or Dark.

An Event is a specific thing that happens inside a Period,
like a prince seizing the throne or a colony ship arriving
on a new world. To add a new Event, decide what Period
the Event is in. If there are already other Events in that
Period, place it before or after one of them. An Event
must be inside an existing Period. Tell the other players
what happens during the Event. Say if the Tone is Light
or Dark.

I will be keeping track of the timeline in the initial post of our IC thread, once we have reached this point. For now let us share our on's/off's and ideas for a big picture. I will limit our initial discussion for Step 1 to 48 hours at most unless we really need more time.

I am pretty open to what big idea we use, I was originally thinking something to do with fantasy but I would love to hear all of your suggestions first.

Here's what I won't do Sexually: Shibari, Gore, Vore, Feet, Filth (Piss, Vomit, Shit, you get the idea). Keep in Mind all of this can be used outside of Sex, I'm just not comfortable with it being incorporated into Sex.

I like the idea of Fantasy. Here's an Idea I'd levy. "A Theocracy built on Flame burns itself down from the Inside Out."

The stuff you listed are on my no list too so it shouldn't be a problem for me.

Great start with idea big picture idea. I like it, keen to hear others as well.

Ok so my kinks are bondage, humiliation, watersports, size differences, tearing clothes as foreplay or battle damage, transformation, anthros, tentacles, mind control, mental suggestion, mind break, public sex, rough sex, forced sex, and group sex
Hard Limits: underage age play, scat, vomit, snuff, gore in sex scenes

A far as overarching ideas I like the theocracy one very Souls-Borne-y. I have a couple of my own "The gods of a fantasy setting invert their alignments, and so do their dominions"(good to evil, chaotic to lawful) and "A godling is born in a godless world".

Id be down for all of that except for watersports. My suggestion would for "A mystical curse turns an Empire perverted." But I think a lot of those themes could be covered in MolarityMolality's idea. It could even have elements of your idea Joyful-Fabo. Unless there is any other suggestions or ideas I say we go for that and move on to step two. Also waiting on Gnoll92 to share.

Id be down for all of that except for watersports. My suggestion would for "A mystical curse turns an Empire perverted." But I think a lot of those themes could be covered in MolarityMolality's idea. It could even have elements of your idea Joyful-Fabo. Unless there is any other suggestions or ideas I say we go for that and move on to step two. Also waiting on Gnoll92 to share.
Yeah that's fair, watersports is not for everybody. I'm glad I can contribute.

My own kinks are extensive and in perpetual flux, but it is safe to say I have a few hard limits. Watersports, scat, incest, overly cruel humiliation, feminisation and anything involving the digestive system are hard offs for me. Anything else is up for discussion as I'm very eager to explore new options. If more detail is desired feel free to poke my kink list or F-list, which should be in my signature.

As for the Idea, I think MolarityMolality has a very good one with their theocracy concept. I myself have been on a bit of a fantasy kick of late and actually made a study of certain European religious schisms, so the concept provided lands squarely in my field of interest.

If we're ready to move on I'm happy to start off with the non-sexual Palette, as I mentioned above my tastes are flexible so I shall wait to see what others have suggested there before adding my own.

Actually, everyone feel free to add one in no particular order into the Yes/No column to save us a bit of time back and forth. I will think of one tonight to add. Once everyone has added one we will go again until someone passes.

No- Omnipotent Beings. That doesn't mean there can't be Godlike beings--But think more Dark Souls or Bloodborne in that measure. I think it's more interesting if we can directly interact with the source of our faith.

No: Un-defeatable evils, I would prefer any malign forces that may exist to be ones that can be defeated or at the very least balanced out by good. To use the Bloodborne or Dark Souls examples provided, any evil entities that exist should be able to be defeated with enough effort.

No- Vancian Magic, while I’m not opposed to have some spells or schools work like that I feel it turns spells into rigid ítems. It’s better for more rules-heavy games.

Yes - Sexual Corruption. Some way for people to get more perverse as they get more corrupted.

Awesome, so our next step is to bookend the history with two periods. I am throwing one out there to start:

Staring Period: The Tears of God form the Church
Tone: Light

We need an ending period and feel free to throw your ideas in for the starting period too :)

Back
Top Bottom