Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sexy Microscope (World Building RPG)

Kord

Moon
Microscope works differently than some other
role-playing games you might have played, so
let’s abandon some preconceptions:

You won’t have your own character.
You won’t play the game in chronological
order. You may know all about the future, but
be surprised by the past.

You’ll build the story from the outside in. You’ll
decide the big picture, the grand scheme of
history, and then burrow down and carve out
the details.

It’s fractal gaming.
So think big: you have a massive chunk of
history to play around in.

I have been playing with the idea of running an erotic version of the Microscope RPG for awhile now. Microscope isn't your regular RPG, instead of building and playing a single character, players work together to create entire histories as you play. Think big, the whole Dune series or Silmarillion. You don't play from start to finish either. Instead you build history from the outside in, you start off knowing the grand scheme of things but then dive in to explore what happens in between, the how and why that shaped the world.

The game facilitates roleplaying really well but is surprisingly rules-lite. It is available online through LameMage.

If you are interested, make a post here. I want to keep it to 4 people max, including myself. I would also like there to be a significant amount of sexual content that would probably get into the non-consensual to light extreme themes but we can discuss that between ourselves before we start. As for the high concept, I was thinking something swords and sorcery related but I am open to ideas.

I would love to take part in something like this. Honestly one of my biggest faults is that I create these huge settings and then struggle to place decent characters in them, so This sounds right up my alley.

This sounds like the particular kind of weird I've been looking for, yes I'd like to voice my interest.

Wonderful. I will start getting everything set up tomorrow! We have room for one more but if not three can work. If you need help with the rules, feel free to send me a message, if not I will post here when the thread is up and running.

I'm maybe interested. The concept sounds great, but I'm not clear on how the interactions will actually work for the group. I'm MxM and play 9amish-6pmish EST time. If that's incompatible, no worries. If not, I'd like to learn more.

I also would like to express my interest in this RP, worldbuilding is one of my favourite things to do.

I'm maybe interested. The concept sounds great, but I'm not clear on how the interactions will actually work for the group. I'm MxM and play 9amish-6pmish EST time. If that's incompatible, no worries. If not, I'd like to learn more.

Sadly, I do not RP MxM :( but thank you for your interest.

As for Gnoll92, Joyful-Fabo and MolarityMolality. I think the four of us will be enough. I will create the thread now and message you each individually once it is up.

Back
Top Bottom