Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question What is the general RP rules/codes on the website?

Guilang

Secret Agent of the Human Sphere
Hello, new user LonelyHexa here.

I was curious as to what is the common things to expect on Blue Moon. Specifically post-length, perspective and ect. Another thing as well is that I've never done forum-based RPs before but I am willing to give it try, so it is going to be a new experience for me.

Again, thank you all!

Hello there! Welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

You'll probably get a lot of different answers here, because generally post lengths, perspectives, etc. are different for everyone. I've seen a pretty much equal amount of people that do 1-2 paragraphs, people that do 2+, people that do just a few sentences per-post, and so on, so preferences are quite varied here. I'm confident you'll be able to find a partner that fits your style, judging by the variety I've seen myself.

I'm still mostly new, but I think I can give you something to work with at least. Perspective, post length, and so on are dictated by your partner or group. I'd check with your prospective partner first and foremost, if only so you can match. A lot of RP is done in the DMs if you're uncomfortable with a thread, and for the most part it seems every thread is separate so there's no shared world like some RP forums have. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Ah fair. I figured I'd ask since I tend to be more comfortable with third-person, semi-paragraph to paragraph (in most cases), so was not sure.

Is it looked down upon to have a generic profile but ask for canon rps if I am in the mood?

Ah fair. I figured I'd ask since I tend to be more comfortable with third-person, semi-paragraph to paragraph (in most cases), so was not sure.

Is it looked down upon to have a generic profile but ask for canon rps if I am in the mood?

You can have up to 2 request threads per request section (2 in male, 2 in female, etc.), so you can definitely have one thread for general stuff and one for canon stuff if you're in the mood. When you're posting in the sections make sure to read the stickied thread as it has rules/guidelines, such as only posting in the male section if the thread is for a male character of yours, or in the female section of that thread is for a female character of yours, and so on. The stickied threads have a lot of helpful info too, so I definitely recommend looking at those, and you can always ask questions if any part of them are confusing :)

Back
Top Bottom