Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Real Life Rants

Whatta revoltin' development.

That's not the way I wanted to start a new journal at a fairly new place, but real life threw a real zinger.

It's harder to throw things out when circumstances force it because of negligence on the part of some one else, especially when I already had to leave all my wood furniture and half my stuff behind because of bedbugs. I went through the stuff I THOUGHT I could salvage, only to learn from family that came all the way from Colorado to help... That I still have them. Maybe not as severe, but damage already done at new place. I'm going to be cracking down on this... Unfortunately not until Monday when I can next get to public laundromat to do more wash, and probably have to throw more of my stuff out.

My old landlord was very sporadic in his fighting the problem, and they are now in the very walls of that complex, and which was there before I moved in, and he and his mom have been lying to EVERY PROSPECTIVE TENANT since. He's also, when he did come, has been using the same powder for the last five years that I know of.

I had even used plastic tubs.

No one will be able to keep any wood that moves in there. Nor will they be able to take much of THEIR belongings. I left the worse half behind and only took what was sealed in plastic storage bags or looked unaffected... And still had them.

What he's doing, which is also renting now to only Spanish speaking people, as well as shifting blame and shirking responsibility HAS to be illegal. But especially this negligence part. I have a friend still in that mess. He's going to fight in court, but he still needs a place... And new practically everything. All because of a slumlord who doesn't care.

Again, I'm sorry my new journal has to start like this...

A rough night, only one this week on top of it, and I feel like not being able to be there right when someone needed me was my fault fully. Think I might have lost someone I thought was a friend. If so, I only have two I can trust myself, and they're long distance.

I feel so useless right now...

Having Wolfie available to talk at times like this is a real blessing. I don't have many people, but I'm glad and thankful she's in my corner. :)

Aanndd I'll talk to her when she texts after seeing this and PM message. Coming home this afternoon, I was nearly hit by three drivers who don't know what a stop light for them is. In the SAME intersection!

I was a little more colorful due to purple rage and after last one told them in no uncertain terms what I thought about their rushing.

This close to Christmas and my lone friend in town is now only got roughly two weeks and change to find a place, without housing help looking to get packed, moved and shelter. I don't know who else on Earth to turn to... I'm even at a loss of how to help, which I badly want to.

Things were so good this morning when we bid farewell until we thought Sunday as I catsit for him. Now, it looks like he'll even lose them. Apparently, he got this *sarcastic* so wonderful *end sarcasm* news in today's mail or a phone call.

How does ANYONE expect a person to find housing without help, THIS close to Christmas (or ANY time, for that matter)?! And do it by the end of the month on top of it?

Well... Now I've done it. I did the dumbest thing imaginable even though it wasn't on purpose. At least, I want to believe it wasn't. I've once again proven everything I was called and told I was by Paul (stepdad). I lost my lease on the way to my appointment today. There's no way I'll get it back, and now I have to get a new copy from Excel. Because I feel like I'm living a lie (though I probably won't feel this way later) regarding my own intelligence, I'm quitting the HS role-play with @XxSassyBeautyxX which I had enjoyed. Right now, and probably for a few days at least, I'm no longer interested in it.

I'd like this to serve notice to staff I'm giving up on my own High School Story group, and both open request and the role-play can be archived. This was probably going to happen in a month... But no sense putting off. I'm not going to bump it for January.

Frozen Princess is having trouble connecting to the site, she keeps getting an ERR Connection Timeout/took to long to load for the site on her phone and she asked me to let everyone know. I'm trying to help her but what I suggested isn't working which was to clear her cached data etc. She doesn't have WiFi right now, so she can't use that to anything including updating her phone. I'm at a loss cause I don't know what to do to help... Right now she doesn't know when she'll be able to get on the site next.

@RainK @KiraMusani

I'll suggest that to her, and see if it works. I really hope it does cause this is confusing the heck out of me... usually if I get it I can either wait a few minutes or cycle my WiFi connection.

@KiraMusani it didn't work, she's still getting "This site can't be reached took too long to respond ERR_Timed_Out" and suggests checking connection. I'm pretty much out of ideas and she's getting really upset. Every other site she uses is working just fine.

hmmm, I trust she can reach other sites just fine? and has she tried to reset on her phone?

some other solves could be going into her phone and having it forget blue moon site completely then re-login fresh.

If another person there has a phone ask if she could try theirs to see if it can reach the site.

She's going to see if updating her phone helps. I'll make those suggestions and let you know if any work. I've had this a few times before on my phone both on and off WiFi but it usually resolved after a few minutes.

I have had it several hours, and it varies, once or twice was the bookmark thing, once was the forget the site from my phone completely thing, another time was restarting the phone, basically most of the stuff I have suggested. Once it lasted days before I figured it out (can't remember the solution for that one, site may have actually been down).

Same, I'm trying to help her get it working but I'm getting just as confused as she is... I'm running out of suggestions beyond somehow getting WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom