Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Soul Salvation w/HaremKing

UnicornHorn

Mystical Artifact
cassandra-1stage.jpg

Hungary is a huge Kingdom indeed, and very large for a lone girl to be travelling through. She is doing it anyway, a young woman is here trying to get to the nearest town or city before the sun disappears. Cassandra has stayed on the main path, as she is on the right direction and cannot afford to slow down. She believes that she has enough coin to sustain herself when she left home, secretly left home to search for her duty bound sister who is somewhere in Europe. She actually have no clue, but she hopes that she would be able to find some kind of clue. "Ugh...just a few more miles." She told herself, but she does stop and lean on a try just to take a quick rest, her feet needs a break. Cassandra sighs, wishing that she would find a stream or lake that is bountiful of fish, she hasn't eaten since last night, and had to skip a meal, but she can survive, she has the perseverance to make it for a day or two. She is craving just one fruit, and apple or anything to give her a bit of fuel, but no such luck.

While she travels there’s also another traveling by themselves, a man who goes by the name Siegfried is traveling, from the east and heading toward the nearest town. Unlike Cassandra, Siegfried is a wanderer and has become quite used to going days without food, has also become quite skilled in finding ways to keep hi body fueled for long journeys. At this particular time Siegfried does have some food in his backpack, as he crosses paths with Cassandra, he’s taken by her beauty, but notices she can barely stand. So slowly he approaches her and asks “Forgive me, but are you feeling ok?”

Cassandra lifts her eyes to see a man, staring down at her as she rests. She quickly stood up, trying to seem that she is okay. “Y-Yeah, i’m okay! I’m just resting, i’ve been traveling all day on the main road. Uh…” She doesn’t want to ask for food, that would seem to be road, so she’ll ask something instead. “Do you know how long it would take to reach to the town? Or at the very least know if there is an inn along the way?” If she is going to travel far, then she would want to find somewhere to stay for only an hour or two to get her bearings.

As Siegfried listens to her questions, he knows that the nearest town is still another days journey, the nearest inn is about half a days journey. Looking at her he can see that it’s hard for her to stand, says “The nearest town is still a full days journey, the nearest inn is about a half days journey.”

Then as he notices it will be getting dark soon, Siegfried says “There are some caves nearby where we can rest and then make a fresh start in the morning. Besides this area is not good to travel at night and I think we could both use some rest and food. By the way my name is Siegfried, what’s your name?”

"Alright, well...that's good to know." She cannot believe it, it is way longer than she expected, and the sun is sinking, she will not make it in time. “You would be willing to help me?” She is surprised by this, but what chance does she have? “Oh uh...my name is Cassandra.” She introduced herself, has this man traveled far? He may have some idea about he sister. But she doubts it, the world is a huge place, but she wanted to complete this mission. “Thank you…”

Siegfried takes her hand and says “It’s a pleasure to meet you Cassandra, and yes I would be willing to help you. Now let’s get to the caves so we can rest.” A few moments later they reach the caves and as Siegfried examines them he finds one that would be perfect for them and makes a fire, begins to cook some food. Once the food is ready he hands it to Cassandra in a bowl, asks “So Cassandra what brings you out this way?”

Cassandra is lead from the main road, finding a cave indeed. She isn’t used to finding a cave as she has seen wild bears occupying it. She is quiet for the most part as the sun went down, and she watched as the sky turned black, and the fire is the only light that they had besides the full moon. “Huh? Oh thanks.” She took the food, and she figures that she could tell the truth. “I am looking for my sister, she has left home and i am trying to bring her back.” SHe explains her story as much as she can, as she doesn’t want to reveal everything yet, trust has to be earned.

Back
Top Bottom