Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Hiding General Chat?

After spending a couple days here, I've gotta say I love this place as a whole, but there's one thing that bugs me.

There's not a way to get rid of that chatroom above everything that's always visible on every page. At least, not from what I can tell. It's cool that it's there, but like, for other people. I don't use it, I don't plan on using it, and I don't really wanna see it lol. Is there a way to get rid of that or am I just outta luck in that department?

Hello Lexi!
Within the chat itself there’s a settings drop down (look for the little gear!). If you select it, at the bottom of the check boxes there’s a ‘disable chat’ option. Clicking it will make the chat disappear, though there will be a bar that you can hit to enable it again.

That you for asking this question Lexi and thank you for answering Virginia!!! ♡♡♡♡

I echo UtterChaos comment, thanks for the question Lexi and the Virginia ‘s answer. On my phone chat ate up almost half the real estate!

Chances are that I'm just an idiot, but could anyone tell me where I could find this little cog? I've tried all part of it but just can't find it on my phone.

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is maybe it doesn't show up until your account has been fully activated. That takes 24 hours from the time you signed up and have 3 posts to your name. It looks like you have more than 3, so I'd say give it a few hours (it shows you signed up at 12:30pm Pacific for me, so ~6 hours) and try checking again?

When choosing Disable Chat, chat will disappear completely but you can click the Chat tab at the top of the page to re-enable it.

BMRP CHAT settings.jpg

Hello Lexi!
Within the chat itself there’s a settings drop down (look for the little gear!). If you select it, at the bottom of the check boxes there’s a ‘disable chat’ option. Clicking it will make the chat disappear, though there will be a bar that you can hit to enable it again.

Thank you... 😚

I can confirm, when you are shiny brand-new, there is no gear icon above the chat box. It’s a lovely feature but really not my sort of thing either. Thank you for the question, as I wondered the same, and for the response. I’ll wait patiently for the gear to show itself tomorrow.

I'm glad someone solved this, as I was wondering the same thing myself. Tbh it is a bit annoying that you can't get rid of the general chatbox sooner! 😂

Back
Top Bottom