Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question First Request Thread?

Hi there! I joined a couple of days ago and I'm now looking to get my first request thread up and running. However I am unsure as to what makes a good one, what do people look for and what information should ideally be included.

Also visually, is there anyway I should particularly look to structure it or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

To the above, I'd also suggest using one of the thread tags available, and making an at least relatively descriptive title; you may well get more bites that way

Also visually, is there anyway I should particularly look to structure it or not?
Don't be afraid to use things like:
  • Boldface
  • Underline
  • And bullet points
These are useful ways of visually calling out important information. The fact is that most people will not read your thread from start to finish. Rather they're going to give it a good skim (at most); by using these tools you help attract attention.

Things to avoid:
  • Do not center your text; it makes reading painful.
  • IMO avoid long lists of pairings without any context. A handful are fine but even then they're not all that useful, at least from where I am sitting.
  • Avoid playing games with colored text. Just go with the default; it ensures everyone will be able to read it.

Back
Top Bottom