Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gods, Gold, Trouble and Adventure! (Ezralora and Guardian Angel)

Ezralora

Supernova
The world is a strange place, the place is wrought with dangers of the land. Magics to be discovered, myths and legends that are routed in the history of the world, even with the Gods and Goddesses of the land themselves. Adventurers work to find the gold, the items of myths and have their names carved in history for all of time! For what better way to be remembered then to be woven in stories with that of heroes of the ages! Myths and Legends change throughout the land, with various connections to the Pantheon, a few even claiming that they at times walk amongst the world themselves in mortal forms to create heroes of destiny that the likes of the world will never see again! Of course none of this has been proven, but one thing is for certain.

There is GOLD to be made! Which brings us to the Lilandis Empire.

The Lilandis Empire currently resides over the largest continent on the planet. It is a land that has been through many rulers before falling under the current ruler, King Dogma Lilandis, and in his life time has managed to get the entire continent of Wildheim under the control of his glorious empire. With that came a few new rules, such as deities being outlawed, whether they are good aligned or evil. Only a few are allowed to be worshipped in public, and those that are caught can be punished by the guards that wonder through towns and cities trying to keep the peace. It has been near fifteen years since Lilandis was able to bring the continent under his rule, and whatever tides of rebellion fell onto the land had either been quelled or crushed under the sheer force of the empire. Yet, our story starts much smaller, without the large democracy of Empires, Kings, Queens and Deities.

Our story starts in a local brewery town of Barnabuck, a town surrounded by fields of barley and other plants for producing drink. It had the feel of an old rustic village. It was here, where on this rather rainy night many a traveller, adventurer and others have taken shelter in the local inn. The Cow Bell. Cheers and merry making can be heard all around it, as the inn keep continues to pour out drinks and keeps the merriness at an all time high, and keeping his pockets lined with the highest in take of coin he has seen in a long time! Tankards are clunked together, drinks are spilled on the floor. The smell of wines, ales and food breath a welcoming air to those that seek to rest at the hearth. It was certainly a lively time, as no one wanted to be out in the weather like this!

The members of the Adventurers Guild were clearly marked out by their clothing, attire and just general care free attitude. A lot of people tended to started as Adventurers whilst young, in order to make a name for themselves before moving on to other professions. Heck it is even rumoured that the Arch Mage of the Empire started as an Adventurer and had worked up to his position. It was things like this that made it all worth, that and the promise of a sizeable reward for a job well done.

It was amongst this chaos that the first member of the future band of misfits could be found. Thors sat in one of the larger chairs closer to the hearth, smiling to himself as he drank from his mug. He was a half-orc from his appearance of two toned green skin, with shaved sides of his head and a head of black hair with a grey flecked amongst it. His face, despite having scarring across it still resembled that of a handsomeness that refused to go away. His armour was absent as he had been sitting for a while, warming up by the fire. The half-orc sat with dark trousers and brown leather boots that seemed well used, as well as a cotton white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his shoulders exposing his scarred forearms. He drummed one of his black nails against the wood of the chair to the theme of the bards playing in the background, humming along quietly as he peered over, observing the patrons and taking note how they were acting. It was, certainly interesting to observe, but even that was beginning to get a little dull. With a grumble he wiped his hand through his hair, feeling the still dampness of it. "Still not dry..." He closed his eyes before standing up to get another drink quickly, not wanting anyone to take his seat. He was probably shorter than one would expect, just about hitting the six foot mark.

With a tankard plonked in front of him Thors widened his eyes as he lowered down, watching the ale be poured into it as a smile moved over his face, his tusks as was common with orc, not visible in the slightest. "Come on... keep pouring..." he said as he waved his hand, a leather band on his left wrist as he continued to rotate it before bring it to a halt. "Stop! That'll do my man... that will do~" He took the tankard in his hand, and began with an almighty drink.

He had just come back from a job with a few others that had been in the town, he had gotten along with some of them.... but he was sure that most of them would just want to get going once the rain cleared. He did not mind that in the slightest, it was rather rare for a party to stay together unless they were close friends already.

Aerilaya just watched for a moment in time although she was studying the creature, with a small look of wonder. What on heaven's was this creature? In all of the research that she had read up on, learning about the creatures around the world. Never once had she come across reading about something like this. Yet again, not many people actually bothered to enter these particular woods, which made sense now. Maybe it wasn't the fairies that one really had to be afraid of in these woods. Strangely enough, the creature only seemed to be going after the bandits that were actually stupid enough to attack it. And it spoke.... now that was unusual.

The young woman was reacting to one of those that was in their group that was about to throw a dagger at the creature, distract it while one of the others went to grab the bag that a now dead bandit had left laying by the tree. Perhaps she shouldn't have reacted but she was anyways, grabbing ahold of the dagger by the blade. "Don't." Aerilaya spoke, not even caring at that point in time that she was bleeding. No she wasn't going to allow the others to foolish attack that creature, especially if that is what was going to result in it attacking them once again.

Her heart was definitely racing though but while she had a worried look on her features, the hood that she wore kept it hidden from sight at that point in time. Why were people so rash to attack? There were peaceful solutions to situations like this! One didn't always have to attack. There was a chance that they could just talk it through with the creature, especially now that one knew it could speak.

Thors took in a sharp breath as everything seemed to be happening rather quickly. The creature, Aerilaya going to defend it so quickly. He peered over as things started to seem to settle down and the creature began to come to a stop, before it began to shrink. It actually shrunk down in size, with the slight cracking of bone before there was a bright blue haired man in shoddy robes, and a pack over his shoulder. He was brushing himself down as he spat on one of the bandits he had just worked over. He was short, and lean but certainly not resembling the hulking creature that had been lingering around the tree just a few moments ago.

The young guy plopped down on his butt and gave a yawn as he peered up at the large Devil tree, before simply sneezing as he took in a loud breath as he hopped back onto his feet gracefully. "okay who is lingering around over there?" He called out as he waved his hand to the tree line.

Aerilaya was just looking over towards Thors for a moment in time before she spoke "Not everything is hostile, especially if you don't provoke it." With that she was turning her attention towards the creature that was turning into a blue haired male. How interesting. And it seemed like he had an idea that there were people lingering over in the tree line. Aerilaya was releasing the knife and was telling the man to put it away before she was turning and actually walking out of the tree line.

"Adventurers that came out seeking those bandits. They had stolen something from another within the city and we were asked to get it back." Aerilaya spoke after a brief moment in time. No she was on guard just in case something happened, ready to draw up a barrier if absolutely needed. Using magic wasn't necessarily something that she wished to do, but if she had to then she would.

The blue haired man began walking towards her as she seemed to be brave enough to come out. He was barefoot, and his feet looked tough, his skin was slightly tanned. The most odd thing was probably the two long knife like ears that were sticking out of the sides of his head. He narrowed his eyes as he looked over her for a moment, "Adventurers aye?" He questioned as he scratched his chin before glancing back at the bandits. "An item..? I mean i don't have much a need for anything that they have and well..." He sniffed the air before grimacing a little.

"Seems like a few of the less brave people in there come baring iron." He said, iron, with a great deal of distaste in his mouth. He chewed the inside of his cheek for a moment, "Folk don't tend to wander this close to the tree though... So is it just the item you wish to have back or are you trying to lie? Do you have any proof that you're not with them? or another bandit group?"

Aerilaya looked towards the man for a moment in time before she was just holding out her hands, as though showing that she was weaponless at that point in time. "As a priestess to the goddess of life, no lies fall from my lips." she spoke after a moment in time before she was just looking up towards the tree before she spoke, "This tree.... it is old and wise, but not to be feared. If one listened closely enough.... they would learn that you cannot judge based on name or appearance." No she wasn't intimidated at all by the tree, just as she found that she wasn't overly afraid of the blue haired man that was standing there. Aerilaya didn't move at all, she was just holding out her hand to stop the others from even trying to walk forward at that point in time. Thankfully the warrior was smart enough to act, and was keeping the others from moving. She was holding her bleeding in her cloak, using the black cloak as something to stop the bleeding at that point in time. "Yes in that bag over there. A powerful artifact that was taken from a powerful family within the kingdom." she spoke.

((Ooooooh damn!))

He frowned a little before raising up onto his feet again in one smooth motion, his bare feet crunching a little under the grass and the soft pines as he cleared his throat. "Okay a priestess of the goddess of life... Out here." He placed his hands firmly on his hips as he gave her a rather cheeky smile. "Why do i find that hard to believe? It's been a long time since i'd even heard of one of them being around." He continued to chew the inside of his cheek in a great deal of contemplation as he tapped his foot on the ground a little and made his way over to the bag that she was talking about. He crouched down and went to pick it up to start inspecting the contents. "Right, powerful objects tend to fall out here." He said as he gave a wide smile, his eyes gleaming a little, like two small stars set in his head.

Aerilaya just looked towards the man for a moment in time before she spoke, "Assuming you are good at keeping secrets, then that is something that I could prove to you. That I am what I say I am. Afterall, the use of magic nowadays isn't something that the Lord likes." Comical that this was coming from the man's daughter, who was doing something that he had outlawed. Man she had to wonder how he was going to react if he ever found out. Actually no...she really didn't want to think about that. She had seen what had happened to others and this had a faint shudder passing through her. Nope while she was his daughter, she definitely didn't want him to find out that she was using magic, and worshipping gods. Hell she really didn't even want to let him know that she had even left the palace. Aerilaya was strolling after the male for a moment in time before she was giving a faint grin before she spoke, "Besides, what use would I get out of lying about something like that. Not that anybody I traveled with knows the full truth, other than one. Otherwise they merely think that I am a priestess with no fighting experience, who just happens to be good at alchemy." Which wasn't a lie at all, but it wasn't the full truth all at once.

"See you keep on speaking, but all that i seem to be hearing from you is lie, lie, lie. You lie to your father, you lie to your mates and now you could be lying to me." He said with a huff as he tapped his barefoot on the ground before giving a wide smile. "But i like the look of ya. There's something about it that seems fun." He said and leaned forward, "But if you keep on lying their going to stick to your skin like grease. I should know, i don't tend to let liars off the hook." He mused as he tossed away bits of junk from the bag. He jumped back with a howl as he clutched his hand as if something had burnt it, the skin itself was fine but he pointed at the sack. "It's bit me, something in their bit me!" He shook his hand again and groaned slightly in pain. Physically everything seemed fine, if Aerilaya were to inspect the sack she would find an iron pan.

Aerilaya just shook her head before she spoke, "I am not lying, I am merely excluding some information." No that definitely wasn't the same as lying, not even close. She was tilting her head before she was picking up the hem of her priestess gown and was going over towards him to see what on earth he was talking about. An iron pan. That is what bit him? "Is your hand okay?" she questioned worriedly. From what she could see he didn't seem to be injured at all, but she was still going to inquire. "It is an iron pan." Aerilaya spoke as she was pulling it out of the bag, although given his reaction.... iron probably wasn't something that he could touch.

He hissed a little as he shook his head and plucked out a small gem box as he rotated it in his hand. "It's stench offends me.." He grimaced as he looked over at the men before spitting on the ground. "I can smell bits on other people now, it's going to be stuck to me like a wet cow's fart for so long." He grumbled as he rattled the box, that definitely seemed to be containing a magical item. "I'm fine provided you keep that thing away from me." He spat as he eyed the pan as if it were the world's evilest dog.

Aerilaya was just looking towards him for a moment before she was commenting that she was almost certain that he was being a bit dramatic about that. She was however tossing the pan away from they were at, back towards where the others were crouched. "What exactly are you?" she inquired after a moment in time. He had gone from that creature earlier down to a more humanoid form. However she was flickering her eyes up towards the sky for a moment in time when she heard Nemoth's voice float through her head. Just a heads up that the Lord's men seemed to be roaming about as well. Seemed like they were also looking for something, or someone. Who knew exactly. She was looking towards the others when they seemed to finally decide to come out from the trees.

Thors gave a small grunt as he heaved himself up onto his feet before rolling his arms, holding his hand up to show he had no weapon. He wasn't going to attack the little guy, partially because he had just seem him toss his way through a crowd of bandits with seemingly little difficulty. "Hello." He said, stopping short of Aerilaya and the little blue haired guy.

"What am i?" He asked almost as if he was hurt before he folded his arms in a huff. "I'm an Archfey." He said as he narrowed his eyes at her. "I protect this forest when I can from travellers such as those. What's it to you? I could ask what you are, but then again." He sniffed around her a mixture of pine and stone. "You are certainly not human, not like those." His eyes flicked to the others that were beginning to make their way out of the brush.

Aerilaya looked towards the little blue haired guy when he was stating what he was exactly. This had her tilting her head ever so slightly. Oh that was interesting to learn that the Archfey did still exist. She had heard rumors about it, yet again there had also rumor that they had all been killed off. She was however turning her attention back towards the guy for a brief moment in time before she was speaking, "No I am not human." This was one of those rare moments where she was actually pushing down her hood. There she was brushing her blonde hair out of her face, before she was commenting, "And I was merely inquiring, seeing as the forest itself seems to know you."

The archfey raised his eyebrow before he flailed his arms around a little. "You of my blood?" He asked with a small smile spreading over his face, "So what is it that you are doing with these people here? Surely you would have much more fun being amongst others of your ilk?" He asked before letting out a hearty laugh. "KNow me? I practically grew this forest from nothing." He said with an unsurpassed amount of pride building within him.

Aerilaya just looked towards the Archfey before she was commenting in a low voice, "Well I am with them to find an artifact that had been stolen by those bandits. And... I don't think those of my ilk would truly be as accepting." No not given who her father was, and some of the terrible things that her father had done to everybody involved. Even her brothers had problems, and they were the actual warriors. With that said she was pulling her hood back up over her head once again as she listened to what else the Archfey as he was stating that he had built the forest up from nothing. This had her smiling before she was speaking, "It is beautiful." The elf was gently touching the devil tree and just looked up it for a moment before she was speaking softly, "This tree is beginning to die though."

"She's old... it happens when things get old." He said with a slight sigh as he plucked up what looked to be an urn of sorts as he walked with her to be under the shadow of the tree as he looked up. "But from her there will be another tree that will grow, it may take a long time. But grow it shall!" He bellowed with a slight laugh before he took in a deep breath as he held the urn out to her. "I believe this either contains or has what you want. They were talking about it briefly before i rudely interrupted them."

Aerilaya just gave a faint smile before she was commenting, "I can believe that another tree will grow as well. This forest has a Archfey protecting it, and the Goddess of Life is always at work as well." With that she was drawing away before she was looking over towards the urn that he was holding before she was going over to take it from him. So this had what they were looking for inside of it. Although the moment that her hands actually touched the urn, she could almost feel the darkness that seemed to radiate from whatever it was that they were suppose to get.
"Thors.... was it stated.... what we were suppose to be seeking for?" she inquired as she looked back over towards the only other being that she trusted there. No there was something about this that was bothering her, especially now that the item was in her hands. With that she was looking towards the Archfey and was thanking him.

Thors raised his head a little as he heard her speaking, that moment dragging him out of his thoughts as he peered over at her before shaking his head. "I don't know, they just said an item. I mean i can't sense anything from it, so if that's what we need. Then that is the thing..." He frowned a little as he looked at her and began to walk forward, giving the Archfey a momentary glance of unease for a moment as he felt something stir in him for a moment as the pair of them locked eyes.

There was a small breeze that washed through the air and around as it ripped the canopy of trees, causing it to stir slightly as the leaves and branches swayed and rustled against each other with a thousand tiny little movements. The fey looked from Thors to Aerilaya before he bowed his head. With that he seemingly vanished with the wind in a spiral of feint leaves, and a gentle laugh on the breeze.

"Weird.." The half-orc said as he turned to his companion and looked from the urn to her. "I think we should get out of this place then before we attract more trouble." He told her as he scratched the back of his shaved head. That feeling of unease was still resting in him but he gave Aerilaya a bright smile, his tusks feintly visible as he showed his teeth. "Nice work though."

Aerilaya just looked towards Thors for a moment before she was shaking her head a bit before she was watching as the archfey just seemed to be vanishing into the wind. After that she was turning her full attention to Thors and was agreeing that they should probably get out of there before they attracted more attention.

She made her way towards him although she was just studying the urn in her hands, although she didn't allow one of the others to take it from her, stating that she would carry it. It was being put into her bag for the time being before she was just looking towards a few of their other companions, who were already moving so that they could head off out of the forest.

Thors grimaced a little as he looked from the urn and then to Aerilaya as she said that she would carry it. He wasn't going to object to that, why should he after all? As they continued their way back it was a moment or two before her dropped back and began to talk to her. "I don't remember ever having met such a creature before in my life. That fey thing it seemed weird for one." He told her with a little chuckle before he looked at the bag again. "What do you think is even in that urn then?" He asked her quietly, not wanting the others ot hear them hypothesising. It wasn't that he didn't care for their opinions it's just that he doesn't want them right now.

Aerilaya just looked at Thors when he was falling back next to him, and he was questioning what she thought was even in the urn. She was shaking her head a bit before she spoke, "Something filled with darkness is all I know." Not that it would be that hard to open up the urn to see what was in there, it was sealed or anything. And nobody said that they couldn't open it up. What she found a bit irritating is that they were sent to retrieve this item from the bandits but, they truly didn't know what they were even looking for.

Back
Top Bottom