Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any πš’ πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πš‹πš’πš πš™πš˜πšœπšπšœ πšŠπš—πš πš’ πšŒπšŠπš—πš—πš˜πš πš•πš’πšŽ - πšœπš‘πš’πšŸπšŠ'𝚜 πšœπšŽπšŠπš›πšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πš‹πšŠπšπšŠπšœπšœ πš πš›πš’πšπš’πš—πš πš™πšŠπš›πšπš—πšŽπš›πšœ

Shiva the Cat

the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
200.gif

Welcome to Shiva's Plot Searching Thread! If you're looking for a story, and you're planning to build a character to fit, you're in the right place!
If you have a specific character in mind, and you'd like to build a plot custom to them, check out
this thread for more details.

Current Status: What up BMR, I am back!!! Trying to ease back into RP so only looking to pick up 1-2 stories. Current cravings are back to the basics: let's do some fantasy (high or urban), history (still on my 1920s/Noir bullshit, nothing that's going to require too much research), or Tolkien (you guys I actually liked Rings of Power, don't judge me). Also willing to join in on group games if anyone needs people!

Welcome! I'm Shiva, a 30-something year old lady just getting around to cleaning up her hella old thread. I talk too much, shift gears frequently, get waaaaaaaaaaaay too into details of character development and worldbuilding, but I'm a helluva nice gal who can make a mean vegetarian chili. I work from home, which means my posting schedule is one fun game of roulette, but when things are going well I can usually manage one reply every 2-3 days let's say once a week for now, okay? Don't set high expectations of me while I'm still getting the hang of things. When things are not going well, I can manage one a week. If things are going poorly, I'll be drinking wine in my bathtub while listening to Sarah McLachlan and crying, but I'll try to let you know first if I'll be unavailable to post.

All good on that? Awesome. Let's proceed to...

The Ground Rules
1. I operate under a No Obligation response policy. If life gets busy and you don't have time to response (or frankly, you just lose interest), that's fine! I will never hold it against anybody for vanishing since I know RealLifeTM​ always comes first. If we've written together previously and shit went off the rails, don't be afraid to hit me up again! Y'all know I'm a pretty chill person :cool:

2. While I'm by no means a prude (obligatory Flist here),
plot comes first with me, and if all goes well the smut shows up naturally. I'm fine with things getting naughty (even kinky) (even weird and kinky) as a result of plot developments, but if you really want to roger my rabbit, come at me with an intriguing, engrossing character and a setup that makes it impossible for me to resist :heart:

3. This thread provides equal opportunity for dominants and submissives alike, but I cannot play against someone completely passive. If your character does nothing but wait for things to happen to them, I don't want to play with you. My favorite types of plots revolve around 1) our characters working together to achieve some kind of common goal, or 2) our characters working in opposition against one another. My favorite players are the people who really go all in on world-building, plot-twisting, and aren't afraid to bring in a variety of NPCs when we need them. On the flip side, I'm also not a huge fan of people who have super-detailed plots in mind with no room for me to contribute anything on my end, so let me help dammit!

ADDENDUM TO RULE 3: Please make your character(s) likeable. I'm burned out on grimdark dom/mes, spineless subs, people on a power fantasy kick, and irredeemable monsters. While I don't necessarily need your person to be Goody McGooderson, things like interesting character flaws, personality quirks, and a sense of humor go a loooooooong way with me.

4. I tend to be a long-winded writer (as I'm sure you can tell if you've stuck it out this far). If speed of response is important to you, I'll try to limit my length to something like 600 words, but if I'm super into our setup it's not unusually for me to get closer to the 800-1000 range, maybe even 1500 if I've been drinking the good coffee. I don't really have a minimum response length for my partners, but whatever you write, please just make it legible and something I can react to. While as the title says, I do love big juicy posts with lots of interesting detail, I still need an opening to jump in and move things forward.

5. I have the most experience playing female characters, and would still prefer to play them as a main. But if you're into playing multiples I'd be happy to play some dude/enby characters on the side. No preference as to the gender of your characters as long as they're interesting to read about.

6. I have a slight preference for threads vs. PMs (helps me stay organized, plus it shows me who's confident enough in their writing to show it off), but either medium is fine. I strictly play onsite. No emails, docs, or IC posting over Discord.

Still with me? You're a champ. We can get to the good part now!

Plots
Current Cravings
Currently interested in exploring some Steampunk ideas! I don't have any solid, spelled-out plots ready (I know, I'm lame), but I do have some rough starting points:

-Treasure Hunting!
-Airship Pirates!
-Society Romance with a War Backdrop!
-Sexy Steam-Powered Robots and/or Frankensteins!
-Rival Gangs with Mechanical Parts! (and possibly a Romeo & Juliet setup?)
-Fairy Tales, but with Gears! And Copper!
-Time Machines and Trips to the Moon!
-Captain Nemo, But Hot! And Also Maybe A Woman!
-And Many More!

Note to self: Stop drinking vodka and watching the Pat Boone version of Journey to the Center of the Earth
Note to self 2: Actually these ideas are great, I should have put these cravings at the top too. Good job 2021 Shiva!
You And Me Against The World
Note: This plot could be adapted for various settings. The primary pairing should be FxM, but I don't mind having FxF or MxM relationships on the side. Be ready to play fast and loose with timelines on this one.
Despite living in the modern world, the most powerful magic families still do things the old-fashioned way. Power is genetic, so arranging marriages to create extra-gifted heirs is a practice dating back centuries. Although many of the younger generation have begun to eschew this practice, when a powerful seer predicts that a potentially world-ending demon will be unleashed on the world in twenty years' time, the old families are now scrambling to pair up their children in the hopes that at least one future mage will be strong enough to fight off the threat. But Character A and Character B, who've just been engaged, are both headstrong individuals who aren't totally sold on each other. Throw in ex-lovers, conflicting powers, and coven politics and it'll be a miracle if they can get it together in time.
Genderswapped Fairy Tales
Note: I prefer to play these matchups hetero (yours truly as the lady half). Mostly I want to see how male characters can fit into traditionally female roles. Of course as usual, any gender of player (not character) is welcome.
Note 2: These are honestly probably 50-50 smut/plot. Maybe 51% plot. But dammit I still demand interesting characters and good writing!

The Princess Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
Two brothers are merchants in the isolated countryside of [Insert Country Here]. One day, one of the merchants returns from a journey to find his brother has not come home, and his wife and children are hysterical, saying he was lost near the ancient abandoned castle in the mountains. The merchant travels to the castle and finds his brother held captive in the dungeons by an army of mysterious automata, who insist the only way for him to earn his freedom to wed and bed the castle's princess. Because the captive is a married man, his brother offers to take his place, only to find the princess is a horrific monster. Not only that, but she's no more interested giving herself to man than he is in having her. But time is running out on her curse, and if she is unable to break it, her servants might start taking matters into their own hands.

Red Cloak and the Wolf (Little Red Riding Hood)
A young thief is traveling through the woods at night when he's attacked by a wolf. He manages to fight the creature off, but only leaves it wounded, not dead. The next day, he comes across a naked woman near a stream, badly bleeding from a wound suspiciously similar to the one he inflicted upon the predator. Can the woman be trusted? Why is she so insistent on following him to rendezvous with the rest of his band of thieves? And who is the mysterious huntress intent on taking the woman's head?

Heart of the Sea (The Little Mermaid)
One of the sons of Triton has gotten bored with his romantic conquests below the sea, and has started lurking near the surface to see what types of people live above water. One night he sees a woman on board a ship, and decides he must have her. After a visit with a sea witch, he agrees to trade his voice for three days as a human, during which he must take the woman's virginity or else his life will be forfeit. Although he might have originally planned to take the woman against her will, when he finds her again he learns she is a princess, and now dwelling within the well-guarded palace of her intended husband. Without using his voice, the son of Triton must now find a way to get the woman to give herself to him freely, unless he wants to die either at the hands of her fiance's guards or the witch's curse.
*I actually do have a lesbian/NB variant for this. PM if interested!

Ash and Dust (Cinderella)
In a dilapidated country house, a young man lives as a servant to his stepfather, a drunken Count who has wasted his family's money, and his two stepbrothers whose greatest joy is to torment their youngest brother. This wasn't always the young man's life though: when his mother and birth father were alive, they had been nobility, and the young man had even been a favorite playmate of his kingdom's princess. Now that princess is a woman and is expected to take a husband, though she may choose any man of high birth in the country. Determined to win the princess and raise his rank enough to punish the family that kept him as a slave, the young man makes a deal not with a fairy godmother, but with a female demon who agrees to send him to the royal ball and help him in his quest. But everything comes with a price, and before the young man's dreams can come true, the demon must be paid...

Jewel of the Desert (Aladdin)
Variant 1: The kingdom's prince is touring the capital city, but due to recent diplomatic troubles and a threat of war, not all of the populace is happy to see him. A riot breaks out, causing the prince to be separated from his retinue, but before he can be caught by the mob he's suddenly rescued by a young thief, who mistakes him for a rich merchant. The young lady takes him to her hideout and after a bit of conversation (and drinking) the pair end up in bed. The next day the prince returns to his palace, and the woman realizes she has fallen for him. Some weeks later, a foreign princess arrives at the palace as a potential bride for the heir. But there's something awfully familiar about the woman, despite her insistence that they've never met before. If the prince could just see the woman's naked body he'd be sure of her identity, but the princess refuses to let him get close. Unless, of course, he agrees to marry her.
Variant 2*: A lady thief makes the mistake of falling in love with the prince of her kingdom, and, not willing to be just another body in his harem, sets her sights on winning his heart and becoming his queen. Having heard of a powerful wish-granting spirit dwelling in the ruined temple outside of the city, the thief goes in search of the lamp that will allow her to command the spirit and force him to grant her every wish. But for each wish the spirit grants, he demands one in return be fulfilled by the thief, and after thousands of years in solitude, the spirit has definitely thought up some twisted ideas.
*This could also work with a lesbian/NB relationship
Arranged Marriage
Males or Futas only please! Although if there's a cisgal out there who wants to figure out away to impregnate another woman, I'm open to ideas. I'm looking to play The Princess in this setup. Various settings available, including historical, fantasy (high to low), or sci-fi.

The Princess is the younger sister of the King of [Insert Name Here], a small agricultural nation in the middle of two warring countries. While her brother is busy negotiating with the warring parties directly, The Princess decides to take matters into her own hands, and arranges a diplomatic mission to another neutral nation, known for their rich resources and strong military. Her goal? To win military support for her country, offering herself up to The Ruler as a bride. And she makes a good case; a plague has recently spread through The Ruler's country, killing many and leaving most women infertile. The Princess comes from a large family and could bear The Ruler plenty of heirs...or can she?

Perhaps The Ruler wants to make sure The Princess can actually give them a child before agreeing to such an imbalanced union. Or perhaps The Ruler simply cares about having their...exotic tastes in the bedroom met. Or rather than marriage, perhaps The Ruler comes back with their own offer; to take The Princess as a member of their harem, rather than a full wife. We can play this as smutty or political intrigue-y as you like, though ideally we get a nice blend of both
Time Travel
A couple quick notes:
-
Unless otherwise stated, I'm willing to play either the Time Traveler (TT) or the Foil
-Unless otherwise stated, the Time Traveler and the Foil can be played by either gender
-Historical accuracy should be aimed for, but as long it make for a good story, there's plenty of wiggle room. Just don't put wi-fi in ancient Egypt and we'll be good.
-Light sci-fi/fantasy elements are expected (after all you have to get from Year A to Year B somehow), but beyond that we can keep things as realistic (or not) as you wish
-Unless otherwise stated, the Time Traveler should come from modern or near-future times (possibly steampunk, if you want to go that route). If you want them to come from the distant future that's fine too, but plan to do that world-building on your own.

The Gods' Messenger
Suggested Time Settings: Babylon, Sumeria, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, The Mayan Empire, The Incan Empire, Pre-Columbian America
TT is a college student/professor studying [Insert Culture Here]. One night while walking home from a late night of studying, TT is caught in a mysterious storm. When the weather clears, they suddenly find themselves in a strange landscape, and eventually realize they have landed in [Previously Inserted Culture]. After being brought to the region's ruler, TT's extensive knowledge of the time helps them pass as a prophet of the gods, however the Foil (potentially a priest/ess, advisor, or slave to the ruler) is suspicious that TT is not all they appear, and sets out to find the truth by placing themselves as close as possible to TT.

Through Castle Halls
Suggested Time Settings: Medieval/Renaissance Europe, Warring States - Tokugawa Era Japan, Ancient China
While visiting [Insert Country Here] on vacation, TT decides to pay a visit to a famous local castle. After witnessing something strange in one of the corridors (potentially a person, or some strange fantastical phenomenon), they separate from the rest of the tour group and begin to wander the halls, becoming hopelessly lost in the process. Eventually, TT finds a mysterious door at the end of a corridor, and when they pass through it, they suddenly find the castle is not deserted at all, but filled with inhabitants at the height of its activity. The first person TT encounters is the Foil (who may be anyone from a servant to the ruler of the palace itself), who takes pity on the lost traveler and helps them find a job in the castle. The pair then try to find a way to send TT back to their own time, but as they grow closer they can't help but wonder if that's really for the best.

The Photograph
Suggested Time Settings: 1800s - 1950s, Any Country
TT has recently inherited a beautiful old house from a deceased relative. Unfortunately, the place is an absolute mess. While cleaning the place out, they come across an old photograph of the Foil, and can't help but like what they see. The first night they spend in the old house they sleep with the photograph nearby, but when they awake in the morning they find they've somehow been transported back into the era the picture was taken. The good news? It turns out the Foil is alive and well and living next door, looking exactly like their photograph. The bad news? Their personality is nothing like the person TT imagined. And worst of all, it turns out the Foil is engaged to TT's own relative (who may or may not be away from the house on business). Does the TT pursue the Foil and possibly risk altering history? Or should they just focus on finding a way back home?

Modern Times
This plot is a reverse of the three previous plots. The Time Traveler is a person from the past (era is Player's Choice), and the Foil lives in the current era.
The Foil works a dead-end job and hasn't had much luck on the romantic front. They're driving home from work one night when suddenly they see some odd lights in the sky. When they go to investigate, they're suddenly shocked at TT falling out of the sky (and possibly directly on top of them). When they come to, TT insists they are a person from [Insert Time/Place Here] who has been banished by a magician. TT promises the Foil if they can help them get back to their own time, they can grant any and all of the Foil's wishes. In the meantime though, the Foil needs to keep the TT out of trouble.
The Roaring 20s!
I'm looking for flappers, mobsters, jazz musicians, silent movie stars, moonshiners, rum runners, tragic shell-shocked WWI vets, and at least one speakeasy. Unless otherwise specified, all genders welcome! Baseline requirement for historical accuracy would be equivalent to the Leonardo DiCaprio version of The Great Gatsby (just keep Lana del Rey out of it y'all)

Them Dames are Up to No Good
*Ideally this is an FxF plot, but I could be convinced to play it straight with the right characters. I'm willing to play either role.
The Socialite has always had everything everything handed to her. The best clothes, a Continental education, horses, cars, you name it. But she's always longed for more than the life of a sparkling princess, shut up in her father's sprawling house. The one place she's able to find her freedom is the sky, soaring through the clouds in a plane gifted to her by an even richer and much more eccentric relative. Her skills as an amateur pilot earn her the attention of The Moonshiner, an ambitious young moll looking to bring in illegal booze from across the border and go toe-to-toe with the male gangsters in the area. The girls enter into a daring partnership to outfox both the feds and the mob, growing dangerously close to one another in the process.

High Times at the Capital Club
I'd be willing to play multiple characters in this setup if you are!
The Capital Club is one of the hottest speakeasies in the city...or at least it was, until the owner was nearly gunned down in the street. Some employees suspect the boss might have had a falling out with the local mob, while others blame a rival club owner, but in the midst of the chaos The Owner's Kid arrives fresh from a stint overseas, ready to take things over until their father is out of the hospital. But although The Kid a good businessperson, they might not be ready for all the risks of running the club. They're going to need help from The Bartender, or maybe The Bouncer. Maybe even one of the club's House Musicians or the local Crooked Cop might take it upon themselves to keep the fiery youngster out of trouble. In the meantime though, there's still the matter of who's trying to take out the club, for once and for all...

Midnight, The Stars, and You
*Probably needs to be played MxF, but if you can pitch me a good FxF twist I can keep an open mind
Before the war, they had been young and in love, even if they came from different backgrounds. But He went off to France to fight in the trenches, while She went off to college to expand her mind. Now the Great War is over, and by chance the pair cross paths again at a party given by a mutual friend. But neither one is the same person they had been before parting. She has become more worldly, chopping off her hair, smoking cigarettes, staying out all night listening to jazz and generally shattering the good-girl reputation she'd had as a teenager. He is still carrying the scars of the war, both inside and out, and is doing everything in his power to defeat the ghosts of the battlefield. Can the two of them overcome their differences to resume the relationship they'd had before? Or have they drifted irreparably apart from one another?

It's Better When They're Silent
*Includes sci-fi/horror elements, heavily influenced by H.P. Lovecraft. I'm willing to play either role.
The Actor is the talk of Manhattan, renowned for not only their films and heartbreaking good looks, but also for the lavish parties they regularly throw in their huge hotel penthouse. While they have no problems socializing among their fans, they're particularly close-mouthed about sitting down for interviews with the press, and absolutely silent on the subject of their background. The Reporter takes it upon themself to get to the bottom of The Actor's mysterious origins, and after scoring an invite to the next party, they do everything they can to get close to them and learn more. But what they find out may be more horrifying than they could ever expect, since it turns out The Actor is from a little town on the Massachusetts coast called Innsmouth...

Shine On Harvest Moon
It's the early 20th century, and Prohibition is in full swing. Character A lives in the isolated countryside, illegally producing moonshine as a source of income for their impoverished family. Looking to expand their business, A gets in touch with Character B, a notorious airship pilot with contacts in the far off city and access to a larger market for A's product. The two go into business together, trying to avoid rival moonshiners, profit-skimming mobsters, and heavily armed Federales in the meantime.

A Peculiar Figure
*Includes sci-fi/horror elements, heavily influenced by H.P. Lovecraft. I'd prefer to play the archaeologist, any gender is welcome for the other lead
A young archaeologist obtains a jade figurine of mysterious origin while on a dig, and while returning home finds herself pursued by ominous masked figures. Either a well-intentioned fellow traveler or a hired bodyguard (your choice) agrees to accompany the archaeologist to London to meet with her colleague, who may know more than they're letting on.

Player's Choice
Got your own ideas for some 1920s fun? Lay 'em on me Daddyo (Mommyo?). I'd love to plan out some other plots together!
Western Plots
Purple Characters are the ones I prefer to play. Green Characters are the ones I prefer you to play (any gender is fine unless stated otherwise). Blue Characters can be played by either of us.

Come Hell or High Water
The Settler was supposed to find a new life in the west. Traveling across the plains in their wagon along with their family, the last thing they expected was to be held up by the most notorious gang of outlaws in the Union. After an attack leaves them the lone survivor, The Settler manages to drag themselves to safety, only to be found by The Loner an isolated misfit who withdrew from society after being betrayed by their old gang; the very same gang the slaughtered The Settler's family. Now the two decide to join forces and take revenge...

The Girl/Boy From The East
Note: If you'd like me to play The Ranchhand, I'd prefer to play opposite a male character. If you'd like me to play the Niece, I'll play against any gender.
The Landowner is one of the richest men in the territory, with thousands of acres of grazing land for his cattle and one of the finest houses to be found west of the Mississippi. A lonely widower, when he learns His Niece/Nephew has had a disappointment back east, he's more than happy to open up his home to his relative and begin grooming them to take over his empire after he dies. But in the meantime, The Niece/Nephew catches the eye of The Ranchhand, a person of much lower background (and a different race?). Despite their differences the two begin a torrid affair behind The Landowner's back, knowing they could be making a powerful enemy if they get caught.

The Angel of San Purgatorio
The Paragon has always lived a virtuous life, and has a strong reputation as a missionary/doctor/teacher/other noble profession. So when they hear of a particular town out in the Nevada Territory notorious for its criminal inhabitants, they decide the only thing to do is head west and try to offer the poor sinners some light. Of course, no sooner do they step off the train than they're met with ridicule by the kindest of citizens, and outright violence from the worst. Taking pity on The Paragon, The Sympathetic (perhaps the local madam, saloonkeeper, or corrupt sheriff) offers to take them under their wing and show them the ropes of the town. Working together, will the unlikely duo be able to bring some civility to the most dangerous settlement in the west? Or will the darkness swallow them up together?

Player's Choice
All of the above can be tweaked to fit your needs, or if you've got an idea in a similar vein lay it on me! I'm also open to Weird West ideas as well, I'm just having a hard time thinking of any of my own at the moment. I'll update the above list if any do come to mind!
Slice of Life/Modern Plots
Purple Characters are the ones I prefer to play. Green Characters are the ones I prefer you to play (any gender is fine unless stated otherwise). Blue Characters can be played by either of us.

By the Numbers
The Gangster is enjoying a meteoric rise in the city's underworld. Trusted implicitly by the boss, with more than a few murders under their belt, they seem to be worlds away from their neighbor, The Accountant. But when things go bad in a fight and The Gangster ends up bleeding on The Accountant's doorstep, the pair find themselves inexplicably drawn to one another. And while The Gangster is wholly intent on doing whatever it takes to keep The Accountant safe, she's got a few less-than-legal talents of her own, and she's not about to let both love and money walk out of her life, no matter how criminal things may get.

Drugs and Sex and Violins
The music scene in [Insert City Here] is dominated by two different factions: the wild, hard-partying, occasionally violent rock musicians, and the wealthy, sophisticated prodigies of the symphony and opera. Thrown together either by scheming music executives or by pure chance, The Rock Star and The Ingenue at first can't stand one another and believe they couldn't have less in common. After a night of drinking at the home of a mutual acquaintance though, the pair wake up in bed together, and before they know what's happened they've been linked together in the tabloids. Now it's a matter of doing damage control to protect both of their reputations, all while fighting a growing attraction and trying to juggle their very different careers.

We'll Never Be Royals
The Civilian has had a great past few years, what with climbing their career ladder and amassing a small fortune impressive for their age. To celebrate their most recent victory in the professional world, they decide to visit [Insert Rich People Resort Here] to enjoy a bit of hedonism before putting their nose back to the grindstone. While partying in an exclusive club, they happen to cross paths with The Tech Guru, and after a few more chance enounters the pair eventually end up in bed. It isn't until the next morning when the paparazzi shows up that The Civilian realizes The Tech Guru is actually The Royal, a younger prince/princess of a small but very wealthy nation. Despite their differences The Royal still wants to pursue a relationship with The Civilian, but will the pressures of the constant spotlight prove to be too much?

Players Choice
Come at me with your own ideas! My only request is that any plots you pitch be story-centric. Two neighbors fucking for no reason other than being hot, or a couple having an affair with no outside plot reasoning is not gonna fly by me.
Arthurian-Inspired Plots
Note: Most of my ideas are loosely based on Le Morte d'Arthur, but I'm open to using other sources (The Once and Future King, Mists of Avalon, Merlin--both the 90s miniseries and the BBC show, although I haven't seen much of the latter, Tristan and Isolde, etc.). I'm fine with playing fast and loose with timelines, and I'd also be open to doing some gender/racebending for characters if that's up your alley! Otherwise I'd be open for playing either "canon" characters, OCs, or anything in between. As far as who plays what, Purple Characters are the ones I prefer to play. Green Characters are the ones I prefer you to play. Blue Characters can be played by either of us.

The Fair Unknown
Note: If you want me to play The Unknown, I will be playing them as a crossdressing female character. The Damosel ideally should be female as well, but feel free to pitch a variant if you have one in mind! Inspiration for this one include the stories of Sir Gareth and Sir Brunor, but feel free to put your own spin on the idea.
During the height of Arthur's reign, a Damosel of mysterious origin rides into court desperately seeking assistance with a quest. Unfortunately, due to her rather plain appearance and a refusal to name her father, no knight is willing to accept the task and accompany the young lady on her journey. But before she can leave in defeat, The Unknown, a young stranger working in the kitchens/stables/[Insert menial position here] offers to help her. The Damosel at first scoffs The Unknown's offer of assistance and departs, but finds The Unknown stubbornly dogging her steps. In time, the pair both realize the other is more than what they seem, and adventures ensue.

The Raven and the Gull
This plot is Het only, with me as Queen Morgause and my partner as Sir Lamorak. In my mind this story sticks pretty close to the legend and won't end well, but I'd be up to giving these two a happy ending if we can find a proper way to work it out.
Queen Morgause should have been satisfied with her life. The eldest sister of King Arthur and the mother of four of the most famous knights in the kingdom (and Mordred), her life has been relatively calm ever since her husband, King Lot of Orkney, was killed in battle more than a decade earlier. Most of her time has been spent dabbling in magic, but while she has learned enough to preserve her youthful beauty on the surface, her heart still longs for more. That is, until she attends a midsummer tournament and lays eyes on Sir Lamorak de Gales. The two are immediately attracted to one another, despite the fact that the queen is more than twenty years older than the knight. Not only that, but Lamorak's father, King Pellinore, was the one who killed Morgause's husband in battle, and her sons have all sworn a blood oath against Lamorak and his brothers. Can queen and the knight bring peace to their warring families, or will their love end in tragedy?

The Grail Maiden
The Grail Maiden should, obviously, be a female character. The Seeker can be any gender or background (knight, sorceress, noble, etc.). If you'd like me to play The Seeker she will be female. The heroine in this one is loosely based on this archetype, but details are definitely flexible.
The Grail Maiden has spent her entire life in an isolated convent, praying with her sisters for the protection of the Holy Grail kept within. She knows nothing of her background or the outside world, only that the Grail must be kept out of the hands of anyone who does not posess a pure soul. Unfortunately, one day [Insert Driving Incident Here] and the Grail is stolen and its defenseless guardians slaughtered. Not long after, The Seeker arrives at the convent seeking the Grail, only to find the Grail Maiden lingering behind, the only survivor of the massacre. Despite some doubt as to whether The Seeker is actually pure enough to possess the Grail, the Grail Maiden decides to join forces with them anyway in the hopes of recovering it, and the two set out upon their quest.

Morien
Although Morien in literature is a male character, I'd like to toy with the idea of having them be female in an RP (they definitely will be if you want me to play them). Not a requirement of course, but wanted to throw that out there!
The child of Sir Aglovale and a Moorish princess, Morien has lived their entire life in a desert palace ruled by their maternal grandfather. But when a coup ensues and Morien's grandfather is overthrown, they find themselves outcast in the world. Recalling their mother's stories of their father's lands in the far north, Morien sets out for the island of Brytannia, only to find it in chaos following the death of King Arthur. Still determined to claim their birthright, Morien joins forces with A Noble in poor straits. But is The Noble really interested in helping Morien reclaim their lands? Or are they simply using them as a stepping stone to acheive their own ends?

Player's Choice
I'm definitely open to exploring other stories out of Arthurian legend, the above are just the ones I've thought the most about. Basically the key things I'm looking for in an idea are:
-A loose basis in an Arthurian legend (especially the obscure ones!)
-Mild fantasy (Merlin, Morgan le Fay, The Questing Beast, and an occasional dragon or ogre are all fine by me, but let's keep elves, orcs, etc. out of this)
-A willingness to bend historical fact (I'm happy to work in some real history, but I like the option to play with the year/tech level to keep things interesting)
-Adventures
-Court intrigue
The Hunt
-This can be adapted for Sci-Fi, Western, Medieval, Modern, Fantasy, or Historical Settings
-All Genders Welcome
-I'm willing to play either role

The Civilian has always lived a quiet life, waiting tables in a backwater bar and waiting for something interesting to happen. They finally get what they're looking for when The Treasure Hunter shows up, looking for the missing piece to a puzzle that could lead to untold riches for anyone who knows where to find the trove. It just so happens that The Civilian has what they need, and willingly or not, the pair need to join forces to outrun their rivals if they want to walk away with the loot. Of course, they'll keep their relationship strictly professional, right? Nobody would ever try to seduce their partner out of their half of the treasure...

The Lady of the Light
Gothic/Historical/Romance/Light Fantasy - I'd prefer to play The Lighthouse Keeper. The Survivor can be any gender.
The last thing anyone heard before The Ship went down off the New England coast was the sound of a woman singing mournfully over the storm. Back in port, everyone said all souls aboard had been lost, but what they didn't know was that one Survivor had been pulled from the wreckage. Wounded and far from home, the Survivor wakes up in an isolated lighthouse whose only inhabitant is a single, strange woman who calls herself The Keeper. She assures her guest that a ship will be along soon to take the Survivor back to civilization, but will they be able to leave her behind? And where does she go on nights when the seas are rough and the moon is full?

The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
Golden Age of Piracy Setting - Multiple characters will probably be required on both sides. I'm looking to play The Witch while my partner plays The Captain (male character slightly preferred, but not required), but I'm also willing to play additional members of the crew.
At dawn on the Sabbath day, the superstitious colonists of St. Sebastian had finally planned to hang her: a known adulteress, a rumored killer, and accused of consorting with the Devil. They never expected that while they were in the process of marching the accused Witch to the gallows that the notorious Pirate Captain would choose that very moment to attack the harbor. In the chaos that ensued, the condemned woman managed to escape her captors and throw herself upon The Captain's mercy, promising to give them anything they asked in exchange for her life. Of course, The Captain assumed the offer was a carnal one, and agreed to take her on for the crew's use. But when they're alone, The Witch--if that's really what she is--whispers to her captor promising unimaginable glory and riches, and as strange events begin to unfold, The Captain can't help but wondering if she might be more than she appears.
Fun Fact about me! I am a HUGE Lord of the Rings nerd. I'm talking movies, books, supplemental texts, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion...just fucking all of it. If you legit hang around Tolkien Gateway for funsies, MESSAGE ME RIGHT NOW and let's get something going! I'm willing to do any age, any part of the world, and I'll play almost any race--no, I'm not going to be your tall blond elven love interest (unless you're also going to be mine), but if you're interested in a sweet Hobbit gal, saucy Northwoman, or a scheming NΓΊmenΓ³rean noble, I'm your girl.

Plot ideas are below, broken up by Age.

First Age:
- A member of the House of Haleth and one of the Laiquendi decide to ease tensions between their people by joining forces to hunt down an orc raiding party. Adventures ensue.
-After the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, survivors on the Island of Balar decide to build a ship and harry Morgoth's forces occupying Beleriand and attempt to rescue any survivors.
-During the War of Wrath, the Teleri agree to carry the armies of the Valar across the sea to Middle Earth for the last battle with Morgoth, despite their long grudge against the Noldor. One captain in particular has a bitter hatred for the line of FΓ«anor after losing their entire family in the massacre at AlqualondΓ«, and only consents to lend their ship after direct appeal from one of the Maiar who needs their help to reunite with their Vala. During the journey, the elf and Maia become closer, but on the far shore lies either war or separation, possibly forever.

Second Age:
-After Sauron's invasion of Eregion, a wounded elf flees east and collapses at the doors of Khazad-dΓ»m. A dwarf sentinel takes pity on the refugee and grants them shelter within the dwarven city, but with the armies of the dark lord pressing closer, the doors need to remain shut. This means the elf either needs to get comfortable underground, or undertake the long journey to the far side of the mountains, with suspicious eyes everywhere.
-In the far south, the city of Umbar is bustling, but the native citizens are growing resentful of their NΓΊmenorean overlords. Many in the lowest ranks of society secretly begin worshipping the dark god of the north, and whispers of revolution are everywhere. At the same time, an army of orcs is approaching the city walls in an attempt to destroy the port from the outside, and it's up to the ruling governor to join forces with a hero of the people to keep the city from falling into chaos.
-Tensions in NΓΊmenor are at their highest. Ar-PharazΓ΄n the Golden is determined to make war on the Gods, and has begun sacrificing all those oppose him to Melkor at the great temple in the capital. In the meantime, those faithful to the Valar and the Elves are preparing to flee to Middle Earth under the leadership of Elendil and his sons. Caught in the middle of the conflict are two childhood friends, one in service of the King, and one faithful to the Lords of AndΓΊniΓ«. With Doom approaching quickly and the shadow behind the throne growing ever more powerful, can both be saved?
-I've also been dying to do something either between Isildur and his wife, or Anarion and his. I'm really not sure if that counts as Canon x Canon or Canon x OC, but that's what happens when you forget to name and describe 95% of the women in your universe.

Third Age:
-In the young realm of The Shire, hobbits are busy living quiet, peaceful lives and paying very little attention to the world beyond their borders. So it is that chaos erupts when one of the Big Folk stumbles into a farmer's field, badly wounded and claiming to be on an errand for the King. In accordance with ancient law, one hobbit is chosen to escort the messenger to safety while avoiding some monstrous pursuers.
-After Smaug's attack on the Lonely Mountain, survivors of Dale and Erebor join forces to seek out a legendary weapon that can finally put an end to the dragon that destroyed their homes.
-Meanwhile, during the War of the Ring, other things were happening. Let's explore those other things.

Player's Choice
Got your own idea? I would LOVE to hear it! Want to put a spin on any of the above? I'm totally game. Honestly, as long as we're setting it in the LOTR universe I'm open for anything
Aside from the Tolkienverse, there's really only three other fandoms I think I'd feel comfortable playing:

-Sailor Moon
-Fire Emblem (Awakening/Fates/Three Houses)
-Octopath Traveler

In all of the above, I'd prefer to play Canon x Canon (I have ships to fantasize about, dammit), but I might be open for OC x OC in the right circumstances. You're gonna have a pretty rough time convincing me to do Canon x OC, but you're still welcome to pitch if you like.
Characters I Enjoy Playing As
-Intellectual types
-Creative types
-Girls who a great in a fight, not so great at a state dinner
-Bad girls/Femme Fatales with a secret heart of gold
-Princesses/Queens/Other Nobility that take an active role in the politics of their country
-Women who are willing to break a few rules to get what they want
-Confident and capable women who easily excel in their own culture, but maybe not so much in others
-Fast talkers whose mouths often write checks their ass can't cash
-Women who want to be feminine and girly but fail miserably at it
-See the other thread for more specific examples!

Characters I Enjoy Playing Against
-Scary-looking dudes who aren't that scary on the inside
-Badass women who break gender stereotypes
-Clever folks who are useless in a fight
-Good-natured Himbos
-Career-driven people who need some fun in their lives
-Shy and awkward but brilliant scientists, artists, etc.
-Affably evil villains you just can't help but love
-People who have their own goals and dreams, and exist beyond just being a foil for my character

Relationship Dynamics I Love
-Partners in crime who are fuckbuddies on the side
-The Smart One is reliant on The Tough One in one scene, and vice versa in the next
-Same as the above, but replace either role with The Socially Capable One
-Women fucking the patriarchy, and each other
-Bad girls/good guys
-Good girls/bad guys
-People who are sexually involved but deny any sense of romantic attachment (even though they obvs would die for each other)
-Polyamory where everyone DOESN'T get along, even if they try to
-Love triangles/quadrangles/other messy polygons

Favorite Settings
-The 1920s/1930s
-The Old West
-The Golden Age of Piracy
-Renaissance Europe
-Fantasy worlds based on real world history/cultures
-Steampunk/Dieselpunk/Clockpunk settings

Other Random Things I Enjoy
-H.P. Lovecraft
-Opera-inspired plots
-Including good tunes in posts (where appropriate)
-Supernatural things like vampires/werewolves/witches, etc.
-Stories involving travel and maps
-Good OOC discussion and planning convos
I don't do it. Sorry, not sorry.

The idea of pretending to be a real person who actually exists in the world and probably has to deal with stalkers and weirdos for reals just kind of squicks me out. I'm still willing to use celeb faceclaims if that's something you're into, but only in situations where it is VERY clear that the character I'm playing is not the actual person being depicted.

As long as these lists are, they definitely aren't exhaustive! If you think our styles might mesh nicely, definitely feel free to send me a message to pitch me another idea! Even if things don't work out, I still wish you all the good vibes in the universe.

Namaste y'all <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom