Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where to go on Holiday?

Gen V

Moon
Okay so I know this post isn't even remotely RP related and is quite honestly a little bit selfish since I'm asking for advice of a more personal nature rather than anything useful to the community as a whole, but meh.

Over the past few weeks I've been trying for hours upon endless hours to try and find the ideal place for me to go on vacation. In November I've got a whole uninterrupted three weeks which happens to coincide with my birthday off work.. So I'm trying to plan something special for my time off, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for destinations that I might have overlooked?

Generally speaking I'm more of an active person, as well as enjoying natural wonders. So things like snorkelling, hiking, climbing etc. (can't ride a bike to save my life though) are right up my alley... but not greatly interested in architecture / old significant buildings or man made things in general.

I'd say my budget is sort of moderate, not looking at anything too high end like five star hotels, but would stretch to cover a long haul flight without too many issues.

So what I'm looking for really is:
Temperature between 22°c - 32°c (or snowy / icy / ski weather)
Beautiful natural scenery
Reachable from london with at most one connecting flight (preferably at max £450 or so ($560)
Hotels / rooms available for £20-35 ($30 to $40)a night
Safe for someone to go to on their own

So just to cover what I've though of and ruled out already...

Most European ski resorts that open early (November) - fully booked, left it too late.
Thailand, Iceland, Czech republic, Greece, Spain, Bali, Italy, Morocco - been in the last few years.
'Scandi' countries i.e. norway, finland etc. - too expensive for long trip
Indonesia, Malaysia, South Vietnam, - monsoon season.
Brazil / RDJ - apparently not amazingly safe for solo women.

So... any suggestions?

p.s. - for those who look at my account and say "Hang on, it says your birthday is in Febuary. Big shocker - I decided not to use my real DOB to sign up just in case,

Hi there.
November is a difficult time- especially for Europe as the weather can get really ugly sometimes...
However if you are lucky there are quite beautiful spots in Germany, (The Top 7 Spots for Hiking and Trekking in Germany) and if the weather is right, you might not get the temperature you look for, but great landscape... Also it should be quite woman friendly around here and not that expensive if you stay in a hostel / business hotel.
Another one would be Malta: Decent weather, even in November, and just a very own and fascinating island and culture. I don't know if it's possible at that time, but Gozo (the small islandjust above) is considered one of the most beautiful diving spots.

Then again I don't see why you shouldn't hit East-Asia. The weather is great, even in monsoon season and the hotels and foods are quite affordable. I've been several times in monsoon season there - still got beautiful days.

Oh I actually found something eventually, going to be going to Philippines, a few days in Manila then off to hit the beaches in Boracay.

Plenty of watersports to keep me busy :)

And hey, look! A post on an erotic-friendly RP forum that includes the phrase watersports in a way that didn't immediately hit the back button.

Very nicely written then :)
And Philipines sound lovely, hope you get a safe and wonderful time there!

Alps will tend to be expensive… Unless you go for AirBnB etc and even then.

Back
Top Bottom