Dear Daddy

Lorelei_Shaw

Bumpkin with a Dark Side
Dear Daddy,

It has been almost two weeks since you left and I am still broken. I miss you so much it hurts, but I had to let you go. I know that. I can't be selfish and keep you to myself, no matter how badly I may want to. I had to block you so I wouldn't be tempted to contact you, just as you did the same for me. I have your sweet poems, your kind and loving words and I torture myself by re-reading them over and over. I know I should delete them, but every time my finger hesitates over the button. I just can't bring myself to do it. I can't bring myself to get rid of all things that meant so much to me because of you.

I haven't talked to you in days. I haven't listened to your voice calling me your "beautiful bumpkin". I haven't gotten to tease you at work, enough for you to slip off to the bathroom to play with me. I haven't shown you any new clothes, I think you might like. I haven't told you about my day, nor listened to yours.

You know me, Daddy. You know I am tough, and I handle split second decisions, but you also know that I am broken. You still adored me anyway. I hate that I am writing this, and I hate myself for being so weak as to miss you. But no matter what, despite my sadness, I am happy for you Daddy. I am happy you have a chance at real love, with a girl who is solely your own. I hope she loves and cherishes every moment with you. Be happy, Daddy. Always.

Love,

Bumpkin

Back
Top Bottom