Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lakeside Meditations

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
After leaving Trygon's Inn, she had decided that approaching the lake and actually meditating would be a good idea. It was a calm environment, and things where a lot gentler energy wise. She approached the lake and took a seat, sitting crosslegged and letting her wings snap out a little, and then drape around her shoulders and then down across her arms. She braced herself, and then released a long breath. Her eyes closing as she began to shut off the world around her. In this state, she was at her calmest. She was hoping to stop the confusion of her mind, and her muscles with this.

The wind brushed across her features, but the female refused to move. Strong of mind and body, she would remain as she was now. Calm, and collected. Focusing her mind, and rebuilding her sense of being. That had been disturbing, to say in the least. That moment of non-existence. It had scared the hell out of her. Now she needed to rebuild who she was, at least mentally speaking. It was such a shake-up to have had that happen.

(( Anyone is welcome to come along and bother her. ))

Carmine appeared without much of an announcement, but a moment later he was down on his knees breathing slowly and deeply, visibly exhausted. He raised his head and spotted a woman, so after a bit of careful coxing he managed to get to his feet, he needed another soul to feed his magic. "You'll do nicely", he was surprised to find a human out at this time and place. The dice were slowly orbiting his hand again, showing he was calm.

The females eyes snapped open, teal depths held a hardness to their look that would stun those that had seen her previously. Her head turned, and the air around her seemed to heat up with energy almost. The males words where heard, carried to her sensitive ears. Wings snapped out as the scythe was pulled from her side, snapped open and the blade put in the males direction. "Leave ye now, wish you to no longer live" She stated in a smooth voice.

Her eyes leveled on the male completely as she kept the scythe out and her eyes leveled on him.

The dice blew a way in a small cloud of red dust, he smiled slightly, "I have danced with death before, and as a result he no longer affects me", he leaned forward and appeared behind her. "I'm not a simple man either," he began to turn before coughing and falling to his knees.

He lifted himself up, and started coughing again. "Oh christ, not again", he grabbed a passing animal and it slumped in his grasp dead instantly. His face gained some color as he dropped its corpse.

"I be not Death, but the Lady High Priestess of Sidonie." Angel stated as she spun. He appeared behind her and she whirled around rapidly her blade cutting through the air over his head in warning. She watched impassively as he began to hack and cough. Her hand spinning as the scythe tip pressed towards his chin lightly. "I am not easy pray, and nor would you live any longer if you took my life." She said in a smooth voice. "If you wish to find a being worth trying to steal magic from, go for one of the gods." She said smoothly. It was easy to say that, as they where much more magical then her, that and it was something that would be nearly suicidal to him.

He calmly examined her form, "You think I'm that easily tricked?", the dice formed again, slowly orbiting his right hand. "Would you like to play a game with me?", he smiled slightly and tapped on of the dice, it drifted through the air and stopped before her.

"Six and you have to treat me like an equal, anything else and I leave you, sound good?", he didn't show it outwardly, but he had a plan for this game, and he intended to stick around.

Angel's eyes narrowed as the air around her seemed to thrum. "Little soul-stealer, I think you know not of what ye say. Go now, before I lose my patience with you." She stated as she stood up, and ignored the dice. "You have interrupted my meditations, something that I do not appreciate." She said rather calmly, her eyes watching him. She watched him, as his eyes trailed her body, a look of disgust overcoming her features.

"I do not play games with the likes of you, those dice are enchanted of course they'd come up as a six." She said in a smooth voice. She knew his game, and quite frankly she would trust him as far as she could punt kick him. She was stronger then most women, but not THAT strong. She kept the scythe between them and half-closed her eyes lightly. "Leave me alone, this soul is not one that ye want. Trust me on that."

The die in front of her glowed dimly before going black, "Got a bit of an ego don't you", he sneered and began to circle her slowly, the dice orbiting his hand again, changing shape and color now. "Would you like to know why I have these dice?", he was no longer looking at her as he spoke.

"They used to be the dice used by death to take the lives of his enemies, now they belong to me, only because I survived the roll", he smiled distantly, "Picked the number six, I won the dice from him, that was the other part of the deal". He stopped, behind her again and turned slowly, "Now that I have told you a story, you must tell me one, that is how things work with the traveling folk".

"I don't like you, quite truthfully. I am Sidonie's High Priestess, and should you harm me she will obliterate you from existence." She stated smoothly as she watched the dice, she was well aware of the origins, but because of her existence of her soul, she was more immune to it then he would realize. She sighed softly as she let the scythe recline on her shoulder, her head tilting back. This was so damn annoying. She muttered mostly to herself as she retracted her wings, the apendages vanishing into her back.

"A story you say? Once there was a carver of stone. He created a statue of almost unparalleled beauty. It was perfect in his eyes, to be the guardian of Sidonie's gardens. The carver died, and the goddess brought his creation to life. That statue was given the soul purpose of guarding a part of Sidonie's powers... that no other has stepped forward for. She was to be the High Priestess of Love and Commitment. She had little training, but lived the life she was given. But she was also allowed her old task, her soul task. For a soul had to be put in the statue to make it flesh." She said smoothly.

He listened to the story without a speaking a word, he stopped one of the dice and let it roll in the air, "That is a very interesting story, and there is no need for threats, if anything a threat to me proves I am a threat to you". He smiled ever so slightly, "And we both know you don't think that highly of my strengths".

The die stopped rolling on the number one, it remained still for a moment before glowing bright white, when the light was gone so was he. There was a few moments of silence, "Not that it matters, but I'm still here", his voice came from the air, he was standing a few feet above the females head.

Angel released a low sigh and just shook her head. She sat back down and ignore him, her wings coming back out and causing a ruckus in the area around her. She folded them to her body and retook her meditative position. Her scythe across her lap. He could continue to bother her if he liked, but he would get nothing but conversation from her. She released a low breath and just calmed herself again. She was not one to go off the handle, and she would control her natures more then others would.

"Do as you will, but be careful not to tread into my territory too much. Or that of the gods, I hear they have a habit of killing people with rock crabs." She said in a bemused tone.

He dropped to the ground in front of her, "Rock crabs you say?", he had an odd smile and a the look of a curious child about him now. "Sounds like fun, anyway, why the hell are you doing this, it looks boring", he crouched low and stared at her.

(Sorry, work got hectic)

"Meditation calm the mind and keeps the senses sharp." She said smoothly, keeping her eyes shut now. When he crouched before her, her foot suddenly shot out, stopping short of putting her booted foot right in his crotch. "As I said, senses sharp." She stated faintly as she pulled her foot back and hid herself with her wings again, with that done she kept herself in the state of half-meditation that she was in.

"Yes rock crabs, especially done so by Sidonie. You see I'm her very special priestess... If you REALLY want to die a horrible miserable death... then yes... please do go after me." She said with an amused smirk on her lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom