Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Glitched notifications?

Damaged69

Meteorite
Hello everybody !

Every now and then, while chatting with someone via the site's mail box, I have a notification that appears on the mail icon, saying I have a new message.

When I open it, I see that, indeed, the person has answered me. But when I go on the message, all I can see is my last answer and not hers ! And the person told me she is having the same problem too.

Are we the only ones who are experiencing this ? Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance :)

Damaged

No, you're not. Been glitching hard. Usually, one reply will make their message show up but now it seems to only be happening on one end. We usually send " . " just as a trash message. Now, even after sending a period in a message, my partner will still send one as well because it hasn't shown up for her. And it's the same for me. I'll get a reply, can't see it, and so I'll send " . " just to get the message visible and the message she had sent? " . " because the message above hers, she couldn't see. So, it used to just take one message from one of us to make the invisible message appear. Now it takes two.

Thank you for your reply, at least, I feel less lonely ^^

Yep, that's what we do too, on both ends. If it's the only way, then, let it be...

If it's the only way?
Uh...no, this isn't how the forum is supposed to operate. Ye did good making the thread, now we just gotta let Vek see the thread and it'll be corrected.

The reason this happens is the Xenforo team denormalized the reply_count for conversations not just once or twice, but once for the master conversation and once again for each participant.

It's not as stupid as how the MyBB team constructed private messages, but it's still pretty boneheaded. The sheer quantity of PMs this site generates means it is fairly likely for one of these counts to get mixed up.

Anyway, I'll get to fixing it.

The reason this happens is the Xenforo team denormalized the reply_count for conversations not just once or twice, but once for the master conversation and once again for each participant.

It's not as stupid as how the MyBB team constructed private messages, but it's still pretty boneheaded. The sheer quantity of PMs this site generates means it is fairly likely for one of these counts to get mixed up.

Anyway, I'll get to fixing it.
Thank you very much ! :)

They provided a brute force script that fixes it for everyone on the board at once, though it takes a good hour to run.

I figure if one person complains, several are affected.

Back
Top Bottom