Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nothing serious! (SeythexCanvas)

Seythe

Super-Earth
"I'm sorry... I can't be with you anymore. There's just no more spark." Loni remembered the tears streaking down his girlfriend's face as he dumped her, face to face,
"But why Loni?! Why after all we've been through?" She croaked hard, "I-I just can't deal with this right now! Goodbye!" The memory was so vivid, he remembered, running off in tears.

Loni Dempsey shook out of the daydream, physically shaking his head vigorously despite himself. He was at Starbuck's, at the mall. He blinked, looking down at his coffee, two creams and about six sugar packets. The college student looked about for a moment, noticing all the cute girls and giving them cursory glances before returning to staring down at the table he was seated at. That had been a month ago... It took him about an hour to get over it, and that's what ate him up inside the most.

Loni was a handsome guy, Freshman in college, biology major, had everything in that department working out for him. He had long, shaggy black hair. He was wearing some sandals, tight jeans, a medium-sized T-shirt that looked pretty tight on him with tribal designs all over. He digged those designs.

He revelled on his 6 month long relationship and how abruptly it ended, just cause he wanted it to. He never wanted to see tears like that again, it was the worst. His friend had inspired him to take on a looser attitude towards girls, just do it for the fun parts! Not dragging yourself down on relationships. That's for old people!

Loni smiled, staring down at the starbucks logo on his cup, those were his exact words. For older people...

"Come on, Melody, not even a little interested?"

"Nope."

"You definitely need to get out more. All you do is stick at home and paint. I mean, you're here aren't you? Why not have some fun?"

"It was hard enough to come along in the first place, Jessica, now you're tell me to go out with random guys?" Melody stated.

Jessica tossed her long blond hair behind her head and gave her friend a inquisitive look. She was definitely prettier than her friend Melody, equipped with perfectly blended make-up, high-voluminous curls in her hair, and small features on her face that make her blue eyes stand out more than Melody did. "As I said, you need to get out more." She stated as the pair stood in line for coffee at the same Starbucks. Once the guy at the cash register called on them next, Jessica ordered the Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino. Melody just stuck with the frostie she got from the Wendy's in the food court. Jessica handed the guy ten dollars and looked in the corner of her eye at the shaggy-haired man across the room and gave a soft smile. She leaned over to Melody and whispered in her eye. "See the guy across the room? Why can't you just hang out with hot guys like him?" She wondered, encouraging her friend to introduce herself to the man.

Melody looked over at the college student for a moment, but her face didn't seem to light up as it did Jessica. "And? I'm not really into picking up on strangers." Melody said, taking a sip of her cool smoothie. Her hair was shorter than Jessica's, and was tied in a french braid. She wore jeans like Jessica, but her top was a blouse, while her more flirtatious friend stuck with a tank-top that showed her sexy figure.

Jessica went to the counter to pick up her drink and gave Melody a frown. "Well, fine, then I'll take him." She said, and left Melody standing by the counter to observe her as the blond came up to the shaggy-haired stranger. "Hey! What's up? You seem a bit down on the dumps. Something on your mind?" Jessica said, leaning down with her elbows on the table, a typical way to show the top of her brest, making Melody roll her eyes.

Loni's gaze went from the Starbuck's cup to the girl that had unexpectedly approached him. "What? Oh." He straightened himself out in his chair, seemingly ignorant of the showing of cleavage as he looked her in the face. He smiled as cooly as he could muster, searching desperately for words that wouldn't make him sound like a pussy.

Confidence... His friend had told him.

"Yeah, was just thinking of how much school sucks." He lied through his teeth, nodding upwards at her and furrowing a brow in a curious look, he made a momentary glance at Melody behind her, working on a frosty. Pretty cute, looked like the reserved type. Not like this one. "So what's the real reason you came over here?" He asked, leaning over the table slightly and rotating the cup between his palms.

Jessica smiled, giving him that flashy grin that most guys fell for. "Oh, no real reason. You just seem a bit down, that's all. Is school really that bad?" Jessica asked, helping herself to a seat, not on the same table as him, but just scooted herself on the next table nearby, though she moved it a bit closer toward him. "The name's Jessica. I haven't seen you around here before, and I would know, I come here too many times a day. Are you new here?" She tried to strike up a better conversation, get him to open up a little bit.

In the mean time, Melody grew bored of watching her friend once again striking out for another guy. She knew all too well of what her tactics were, and she didn't need to see them in action again. She sighed and moved toward the table near the window seat, peering out into the busy mall. She was not a people-watcher, certainly, but if it would pass the time, then she would do so in the a heartbeat just to get out of here.

"I'm Loni," he replied with an uneasiness to his voice. This chick wasn't exactly his type. He felt like she'd talk him to death. "Not new, just looking to meet new people I guess." He laughed, frowning as he watched her friend walk away to find her own seat. "You definetely seem like the type-- Hey, is that your friend?" He gestured at Melody, talking to just Jessica. "You should let her sit with us." He said.

He was fully aware he was totally debunking Jessica's game, and he enjoyed the idea. Not that these girls were totally annoying, but to just ditch your friend like that...

Jessica frowned, obviously she was not touching the right nerve with him. However, he noticed Melody instead. And though Jessica would have to admit that she was a bit envious of it, she couldn't miss this opportunity. "Oh yeah, she's just a bit shy, really, but she's a nice girl once you get to know her. Hey! Melody! Mel!" Jessica called to her friend.

"Oh god... What now?" Melody sighed at the sight of her friend beckoning her to come over and sit with them. 'What the heck happened to getting him for yourself?' Melody said in her mind, and reluctantly walked over. "Hmm, you wanted something, Jess?" She asked, taking a sip of her frosty. The cold drink was just what she needed, and she had a sort of quasi-tradition of getting a frostie at least once a week. She had been doing that for years, and the habit seemed to stuck almost as much as Jessica's urge to flirt.

"Come! Sit! This guy's name is Loni. And here, is my best friend, Melody." Jessica said with a bright enthusiasm. Melody did try her best not to scorn, and it was lucky that she had her favorite drink to keep her from doing so. She disliked meeting with random strangers, and this one took the cake. Shaggy hair? That was the hair type for serial killers in Melody's eyes. "He goes to... ah... I'm sorry, I didn't even catch where you go to school." Jessica said.

"I'm going to state college." He informed her, "What about you two?" He furled his lip as he observed Melody, he caught on to her uneasiness. It was almost palpable. Slowly he held out his hand to Melody, putting on an easy smile he was told was his best trait. He admired her close-up as he waited for her hand, she was a pretty blond.

[[Blehhh writer's block. This genre's weird to put details into. ]]

[[ I know what you mean. Alot of what I say is just filler XD ]]

"No way! So do we!" Jessica said. "I started a bit earlier than Mel, did so I actually don't get to she her as often. Melody here is taking---"

"Art." Melody finished for her friend. For a moment, looked at the hand that was held in front of her, and polite curtsy made her extend her hand out to shake his. "Painting and draw, to be specific." She added. "And yourself, Loni?" She asked. Admittingly, now that she met the man, she now began to wonder who he exactly was.

[[Fillers are always good. Haha, I just feel bad when I don't match your post.]]

He was relieved as she shook his hand. Small wonders, he guessed. Maybe Melody was simply slow to trust others. "Art's great. Wish I was any good at it." he remarked with a laugh as he made fun of himself. "I am a Biology major, hope to be a..." He looked at Jessica for a moment half-predicting her reaction, "doctor someday." He said, smiling.

He took a deep drink of his coffee, which was now only luke warm. He rather liked it that way. Pushing himself from the table he stood up, gesturing to outside of the starbucks. "You guys want to walk around the mall some?" He asked, "Starbucks gets old after a while." He remarked, hoping to not offend Jessica.

[[ Don't worry about it. No big deal. Last post tonight. ^_^;; ]]

Go figure it was Jessica who volunteered both of them to accompany him during the tour of the mall.

"What do you normally do around the mall, Loni? I'm sure this isn't your first time here." Jessica said, taking of course, whatever opportunity she could to be closer to him. Quietly in the back of Melody's mind, she thought she should be asking that question to her. She was not a fashionable person, and considering all the high end stores and brand names that just scream of the latest trends, Melody just couldn't see herself adapting to this on a daily bases. Save for the frosties of course.

Jessica pulled Melody close to her for a moment to whisper to her. "Aw come on, don't tell me you don't think Loni is cute." She said, almost disbelieving that her friend to think of that possibility.

"I didn't say he wasn't. I just don't---"

"Oh, look at that, Melody! An art store! This must have just opened up, come on, let's go in!" Jessica's mind was already distracted, and started leading Melody into the rather small store. Jessica beckoned Loni to follow them in. Within moments, Jessica was looking through some of the books in the small sleeves and stack in a corner, already talking to one of the guys that worked there. Melody, on the other hand, made her way toward the brush aisle looking, for once, with a sense of interest and fascination as she ran her fingers through some of the brush tips, feeling the material, or noting the designs of them.

Hands shoved deep into his pockets, Loni sauntered into the store, looking about at the vibrant pictures covering the upper walls, with all the sellables on the lower wall. He watched as Jessica skipped to one side to do her thing, and Melody to do the other. He observed as the former leaned over a desk, flirting with the clerk. He smirked despite himself, cute but predictable. On the other hand...

His gaze moved to the other side of the store, where Melody was fingering through brushes interestedly. This one a bit less predictable he decided... He came beside her, arm to arm with her as he took some interest in a picture up on the wall. "Nice. Interested in th--." He was cut off as the glass frame of the picture fell off the wall. "Oh shit!" He cursed aloud, dropping to the floor in time to catch the loose picture.

He had caught it, only just. But had made a lot of noise in doing so. Several employees looked at Loni, brows furrowed, ready to make him pay.

The employees peeked over down the aisle and stared at the pair with wither quizzical looks or looks that wanted to know what the hell broke so that they could charge the person. After all, being a art store, they seemed very sensitive about the "you break, you buy" rule. Melody looked over at him as he dove for the picture. She then turned to the many eyes that looked at her, as she waved her hands side to side as if to show them there there was nothing to see. Some of the watchers listened to her gesture, while others didn't.

"What the heck are you doing?" Melody scowled him, though her mouth denied it, as it curved into something more like laughter. She kneeled down to help him up. She picked up the picture for him, allowing him the ability to get up. "Are you always such a klutz?" She asked, while replacing the picture back up on the frame.

He let her take the picture, getting back up on his feet. "No!" He laughed embaressedly along with her, scratching the back of his head, "the thing was loose I swear!" He looked about the store too, smiling awkwardly at them each, "Wooon't happen again." He reassured them.

He turned to Melody, his embarrassed look turned to a sly one. "Hey, I saw you smile." He remarked, he hadn't seen her smile once since they had met. "Would you hurt me if I said I liked it?" He asked her.

Melody looked at him and raised an eyebrow at him. "Move a bit quick, aren't you?" She said, making it seem more like a statement than a question. "But, no, it's fine, I suppose. Don't get used to it though." She added to that. She looked over at the one face that was still looking at her and just waved him off. The boy let out a sigh and retreated back to do his own business, letting the two do what they will in private.

Melody went back to looking at the brushes, trying to ignore that smirk on his face that she was sure that he was looking at her with. "Besides, I think you'd have better luck with Jessica." She said, before pulling out two brushes and held out her hand so that he could see them. "Which one do you think?" She asked. The difference between the two brushes seemed almost unnoticeable, but one of them was made with horse hair, while the other one was made of nylon fibers.

((Haha, not my style this roleplay... Don't think I can carry on with it. Something too preppy about it. Ha. )_

((I Know, I'm sorry. I was digging through my roleplays and was all, "Why halo thar!" Stared at it for a minute, and couldnt figure out where this was going. Think it was a spur of the moment idea... You're such a lovely roleplayer though. ))

Back
Top Bottom