Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To those who reply to req threads, so you prefer...

When I am looking for request threads, I prefer

• Total voters

Deante

Star
I’m curious. I’ve seen/done “master req threads” of all my ideas, and I’ve done specialized threads looking for a particular theme or kink, when I’m on the mood for it.

But which are more successful, overall, at getting responses?

I think a broad thread gives a lot of options and a better indication of what you like, so someone might find one they are interested in. But if you get a new craving and add to the thread, someone who saw that thread two weeks ago may not check it out to see the new thing.

I also fear broad threads can get too long.

What do you think?

I like ones that get to the point quickly. Show me your ideas or idea whatever the case maybe, or tell me the theme you are hoping to build something around.

I would say I click out of most RT's almost as soon as I click into them. I am fussy I will admit that but so many RT's are the same now. First sight of Fandoms I'm out. The other thing I've noticed is a trend for the epic RT where they go into all these things, Intro, Likes, Dislikes, "Rules" , "Pairings" etc etc and yet when you get to the end there isn't a single idea stated.

So to answer your question what works for me is straight to the point RT where the ideas are creative and interesting.

I can go with straight to the point, a few ideas, or a lot of ideas. Sometime I just need enough data to know if people like what I like and that'll be enough to form something. An F-list, BDSM test, and some pairings still make a great minimum.

One thing I do wish I would see more of is the incorporation of spoiler buttons within very large request threads. I don't find anything particularly impressive about a giant wall of a RT. If you're gonna have ten plots at a paragraph or more each, spoiler-button them so they reduce paragraphs down to a single line, and people can check the ones that draw interest.

Last edited:
I think it's because I am wanting something specific so the first thing I look for is the person's ideas and what they are after in regards to those ideas. I am story orientated so whatever kinks or limits the person has is only relevant in regards to the story so I don't pay much attention to those. I find "rules" to be hilarious because they are mostly stating the obvious and are futile, people will drop your RP no matter how much you state you hate it in your "rules".

Intro's are ok but generally they are much the same and I am not claiming to be super original either. Pairings are too vague so I kind of just shrug them off.

So in the end, I want the ideas. That is what it is really going to matter to me.

I agree with the spoilers as well, it can make a RT look a lot less cluttered. Picking a suitable font and colour is good too, nothing worse than dark colours on a dark background or the text being too small. I don't go in for faceclaims either as I have found many people choose poorly in my opinion.

And yes, I'm very particular.

Back
Top Bottom