Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite fantasy book?

Anything from the author Markus Heitz except the Doors books. (Especially The Dwarves and follow ups)
In general I loved the Bartimaeus trilogy (Jonathan Stroud) and the His Dark Materials trilogy (Philip Pullman) a lot. I would really struggle if I would have to point out only one of them.

I wouldn't call any my favourite since I find it very difficult to choose a favourite anything these days, but Terry Pratchett's Monstrous Regiment is a great book and very much worth a read. It was the first that came to mind when I read this thread again.

The entire Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I'm not sure if I have a specific favorite...but if I had to choose it might be Wizards First Rule or Faith of the Fallen.

Love the Gentleman Bastards series and Low Town trilogy. Any fantasy with some edge gets me going.

Surprisingly it's already mentioned, but hands down the whole Malazan Book of the Fallen, all ten of them, by Steven Erikson (hardly surprising with my s/n)

Worthy of a mention: Ian C. Esslemont (also in the Malaz realms). Jacqueline Carey, K. Arsenault Rivera, Mervyn Peake, Clive Barker (when's the third Arabat coming?)

And on the other end of the scale. Worst fantasy writer (even though the two books he's written are fabulous, but it was meant to be a trilogy) Patrick Rothfuss. And worst fantasy series, by far, Gor! That's the books, dear folk, not the world itself. The readers and online Goreans have made it so much better.
Have you read his other Malazan books? And Malazan's co-creator Ian Esslemont's books? I think all together there's 26 books and still going. The third book of one of Erikson's trilogies comes out in a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom