Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

CHANGING GUARD (Spacer1999 and Malice_Nightshade)

Spacer1999

Literate Roleplayer -equal lover of story and smut
Pax was beyond ready to get off this station. The first thing he wanted to do was find a companion back at the base and spend a week with her. Six months of no human contact at all was enough to drive someone crazy. The wild thing was, he had gone through stretches of far more than six months without a partner in the past, but something about not having the chance made it even worse. It felt like every single one of his thoughts spun back to the idea of a woman. Not necessarily sex, even. Just kissing, or holding hands, or anything was all he could think about.
Then he saw the name of the guard who was going to be taking his place. He looked them up.

NAME: Nevis Lendry
SEX: Female
YEARS IN SERVICE: 4

All of the thoughts came bubbling up inside of him. All of the things he'd been craving. He'd heard about the changeover favors that were rumored to happen. One guard, 6 months isolated and horny beyond belief. One guard, realizing they were going to go six months without companionship. Evidently, things happened. Since this was his first rotation, he had no idea, but he hoped. Oh, how he hoped.

He saw the signal that the shuttle was in range. He hoped on the radio.

"Shuttle 896, Shuttle896. This is Pax Intrevis. Permission to dock upon approach. Copy."

Nevis waited for the Shuttle to stop, she wanted to rest during the journey, but her mind went back and forth from sadness to anger like a game of table tennis, it refused to let her sleep. Her boyfriend, Thomas cared, but couldn't wait 6 months yet again for Nevis to return so he ended the relationship. Nevis understood, but it didn't stop her from hurting. She heard the voice of the ship's captain chime in letting her know that she had arrived. Nevis stood up and slung her pack over her shoulder, the rest of her belonging would arrive in a few days.

Nevis was a tall beautiful woman, she was 23, about 5'7 tall and weighed about 130. Nevis had short black hair and fair skin with freckles scattered across the bridge of her nose, but her eyes were her best features because her lashes we're long and her eyes were of blue ice, and her gaze was deep, she was thin, curvy and muscular, not overly muscular but well-toned, like a warrior. Nevis was also very sharp and intelligent

She missed Thomas and the warm gentle touch of another man. She stood at the doors waiting, he beautiful eyes were puffy from shed tears, but had stopped so she wouldn't be seen because she was strong and proud, she hated pity so whenever she cried, she cried alone. Finally, the bay doors open and she steps off the ship looking at a scene from a poster that had a planet like the earth with other planets in the background strewn across a milky way sky that was speckled with stars, the scene was breathtaking and it made her smile. She noticed a strange yet attractive man waiting for her. She walked up to him and shook his hand "my name is Nevis, I assume I'm your replacement?" She already knew the answer "it's nice to met you...? She waited for him to tell her his name.

Pax took in the woman with one, appreciative, but hopefully not too lingering of a glance.

She was practically perfect. She had that simple, unassuming beauty that is so alluring. What was more, she was in the service, so any vanity had been drilled out of her because duty came first. The freckles, the height, and stars those eyes. Even if he hadn't been alone for six months, he would have been taken by her looks.

"What? Oh? Sorry," he stammered. "Nevis. Corporal Pax Intrevis, pleased to welcome you aboard."

He fumbled with a salute, then went to shake her hand, then moved in for an awkward hug, which he didn't quite finish.

"Anyway, it's really, really good to see you. I haven't seen anyone for the past six months and, if it had to be someone, it would have been you. I mean, it's good to.... I mean, you are good to see... I mean... come on in, I'll show you around."

He awkwardly gestured toward the station and then sort of gave an embarrassed face and started walking.

Nevis looked around and saw Pax starting her she, she smiled thinking it was cute the way he stared at her like deer in headlights. Nevis was a tough, but a feminine woman. Nevis didn't take crap and knew how to act like a proper lady, at least until someone pissed her off than she would mercilessly kick their ass, she could flip it on and of like a switch.

Nevis stepped onto the platform and walked into a decontamination chamber before stepping onto the base, She walked forward and saw Pax more clearly, She wiped away a tear and sniffled as she saw him return to reality from wherever he was and salute her "at ease, soldier" she said with a warm smile and a sweet chuckle.

She looked around and saw him extended his hand smiling as she gripped it "you have a strong grip. No need for formalities, no one is watching" she leaned on her left hip, as she looked him up and down dissecting him with her eyes "hmm, you're lean, yet strong, light yet fast, I'm assuming...good, I see why the army chose you" She walked around him her boots making no sound on the surface of this strange Earth-like planet.

Her clothes fit nicely on her frame, her pants we're a little baggy and rest on her hips, no higher, no lower as if to tease, her tank top was olive green, showing a tasteful amount of cleavage, and just a little short to show off her flat, belly, she used to wear a piercing on her belly, but that was before she joined the army. After she made a full circle around him she looked him up and down once more, just as he hugged her, she chuckled "well, this is a new one"

She wanted to pull away, but his touch was strong a protective it drove away the sadness left by Thomas, so he hugged him back and rest her head on his shoulder, his beautiful, sandy locks tickled her nose, but she didn't care, he was so warm on this chilly planet and she couldn't stop thinking about his piercing emerald gaze. She loved how he looked at her as though she was the loveliest woman on any planet, even Thomas didn't do that.

She felt him pull away and stammer sheepishly, causing her to giggle for a few moments, but then reality struck her like a speeding train and she remembered that she would only get a few days with him, it pained her more than her break up because she was starting to like him, despite the fact that they had just met "thanks" was all she could say, she could think of much more, but she was scared of getting attached, since they would be separated in only two days, unfortunately, she had already grown attached.

Thomas had not only left her with a broken heart, but a scarred one as well "can you show me the barracks...I'm tired" she lied, there was an apparent sadness in her voice as she heaved a sigh. She followed him to the barracks and began to unload her belongings. She sat on the bed and pulled out a photo of her and the man she thought she was going to spend forever with, until he ripped out her heart, the memories were still fresh as a tear fell over the photo of her face with a soft "pat" noise

"Huh," thought Pax to himself.
He'd hoped that they would have a bit off a conversation before ending the first night and Nevis excused herself to the sleeping quarters. It was an odd dynamic. Being a solo outpost, there weren't two sleeping chambers. It was just one room with two beds for days such as this.
Pax checked the systems throughout the outpost twice, and then a third time. Everything was fine. That was the joke about this posting. They were on the edge of the frontier where there would most likely never be an attack, but because of rules and regulations, they had to have a person here.
At last, there was no other choice. He was growing tired, and he needed to sleep. The automated systems would wake them if anything drew near.
He snuck quietly into the sleeping room and went to the bathroom, changing into just his shorts and t-shirt.
When he came back into the barracks, he saw that she actually was still awake.
They were, after all, in the military. Male and Female soldiers generally changed in front of each other, so the fact that he was in skivvies wasn't too big a deal.
He saw her tears and approached her. Sitting beside her, he rubbed her shoulder.
"Hey, Nevis," he whispered. "Are you... are you scared about being along for so long?"

Nevis cursed at herself for liking him she knew he liked her back, but he was leaving in two days so she tried closing off her heart to spare herself the pain of losing someone she cared for, so she denied herself the pleasure of a warm body and a kind man to be around, after all, it was cold in space.

Nevis' fear took hold once again. "I'm sorry I'm tired" was all she said as she walked away wiping tears from her ice blue eyes hoping he hadn't seen her. Nevis walked into the room stripping down into only a bra and panties, any man that saw her would consider himself the luckiest man in the world especially after seeing her fair skin and luscious curves.

Nevis was in her own sad little world when Pax came in and startled her, it caused her to drop the photo she held. She leaned over and picked it back up crossing her legs, she saw him come over and sat on the bed behind her, she smiled at his touch and leaned into his gentle embrace. Nevis snuggled into him wiping away her tears "the man in this photo was my, fiancee, but he broke up with me before I came here, he told me he couldn't wait for me for another 6-month mission. I like you, Pax but you're leaving in two days...I'm afraid I'll get attached to you, so yeah I'm afraid of being alone here for 6 months before it never bothered me...then I met you" anger took her as she grabbed a piece of broken glass and scratched out the face of her ex on the photo, she dropped the blood-stained glass and held her bleeding each in her lap watching the blood pool in her palm.

"Oh my gosh, come here," he said.
He grabbed a med kit and sprayed on some botspray and it quickly healed up her wounds. Then, it was time to take care of her other wounds.
He took a deep breath and decided to spill.
"I... I need to tell you something. I'm a guy. A typical, shallow guy," he said. "I've heard about the crossover pact. What happens at crossover, stays at crossover. So, when I saw you come in through the airlock, I was like... Damn, how hot is this going to be? But that's the thing, right? All I was thinking about was sex, and not about you as a person. Mistake number 1. I didn't ask about you, about your life, anything. We've already wasted a couple of hours."
He sat back and did his best not to let his eyes drift down to her cleavage or athletic body. He held out his hand.
"Hey, I'm Pax. It's good to meet you. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself. We've only got two days, let's make the best of it."

Nevis felt him grab her hand and smiled as he sprayed it with antiseptic, it caused her to flinch in pain, but smiled as she looked at him, she turned away and blushed. Nevis turned back and heard his words, they hurt terribly causing pearls of sadness to spill again "I see, so I'm nothing but an object to you. You pretty much just told me I'm one of those sex blow-up dolls"

Nevis sobbed softly into her hands until sad anger took her over. Nevis punched him hard in the gut as hard as she could, she wanted him to feel the same pain she did "you're such an asshole!" She yelled feeling her heart break again "I thought you were different, but I was wrong...you're just like Thomas!" She sobbed softly "I'm such an idiot...I trusted you, and you broke my heart all over again...after it was starting to heal....what a fool I am" she stood up and dressed, then walked out of the barracks and walked outside, a pool of blood made a soft pat...pat...pat as she stood up and walked away leaning on a post as she looked up at the stars. She doesn't care how much she bled she focused on the throbbing pain in her hand though her heart still ached, no matter how hard she tried to ignore it.

He was shocked, he thought he'd made it clear that he was being a jerk and that he knew he was.
"Nevis, Nevis, listen to me," he said, following after her. "Didn't you hear me? I told you that it was a mistake. I'm sorry if what I said didn't make sense. I was telling you that it was stupid of me to think like that. Here we are, two people who have one chance to get to know each other. I'm not... I'm not that kind of guy."
He grabbed her by the shoulder, gently, and turned her toward him. He put a finger under her chin and lifted it, so she would look into his eyes. Then he brushed away a couple of tears.
"How about if I put it this way? Jerk first class, reporting for duty. I just want to. I just want to spend time with someone. I've been entirely alone for six months. Can we just talk? Get to know each other?"

Nevis heard him repeat his words, it made her feel better which calmed her anger and pain, she heard him apologize which made her smile she heard him stumble over his words and gave a small chuckle "oh? Then what kind of guy are you?" She teased. He had a point they only had two days, at that point she forgave him, she never did hold a grudge for long "is there no way you can stay longer?" He voice was soft and a little sad. She felt him grab her by the shoulder and turned her to him, his touch was so soft, so...gentle, her heart fluttered a little.

She didn't fight it when he lifted her chin, her heart began to beat a little faster as he looked into her eyes, she was comforted further as he wiped away her tears, and without thinking she took both sides of his chin and pulled him close and kissed him gently and passionately, she pressed her lips to his with only a feather-light touch, she pulled away smiling "I forgive you, you know, if you couldn't tell" she said softly she giggles "I thin first-class jerk suits you better" she whispered in his ear "I would like to get to know you. I understand how lonely it can get with no human contact for 6 months, I just wish there was a way to stay together" she sighed then held her hand out "let's go for a walk on this little dirtball, why they call it earth 2, what a stupid name, obvious, but still stupid. What would you name it?"

He welcomed her kiss like the greatest gift he'd ever received. His arms found their way around her waist and pulled her in closer.
"That would be tough to swing," he said. "The transport that dropped you off is taking others to the rest of the outposts, then swinging back around to pick me up before heading back out to the central moons. The only way I could stay is if a conflict broke out that made it so they couldn't come back. For now, we can only hope for that, and enjoy our time together.
He thought.
"How about... a game of questions. I ask you a question, you ask me one in return. The only rule is you only get one pass. You have to answer them. Since I'm Jerk First-Class, you get the first question. What do you say?"

Nevis felt his hand snake themselves around her waist to further deepen the kiss, she took a breath nearly melting in his arms. She began to tremble not wanting that moment to never end. She pulled away and touched her tingling lips, no one had ever kissed her like that, to where her lips tingled, not even Thomas held that taken. His lips, they were so soft, and they fit perfectly against hers, his kiss was gentle and very passionate, it made her heart beat a little faster. She took his hand intertwining their finger as she began to walk with him to her left "we can find a way to sabotage the train, but how?" Her attention moved to his offer of a game hmmm...that game sounds fair, first-class jerk letting me go first, huh. Well okay, but my first question is embarrassing..." Her face turned red and she shyly averted her gaze "where...where did you learn to kiss like that...can we do it again?" She asked quietly.

Pax's head was buzzing from the intensity of the kiss. He was seriously, almost dizzy and his knees were weak.
"That's an excellent question," said Pax. "I have never, ever, felt a kiss like that in my life. So, if you ask me where I learned to kiss like that, I guess I would have to say 'from a beautiful soldier named Nevis."
"In terms of can we do it again, I'd say that's a definite yes'. Now, for my question. "What is your preference. Whiskey, cocktails, wine, or beer? We always be sure and smuggle a few bottles in every shipment. You can answer me after this."
He leans in and their lips meet again. As they kiss, the dizziness returns. His hands caress her back and then work up to her face, which he cradles as he kisses her deeply. He finally, regretfully pulls back, almost panting.
"So, what's your answer?"

Nevis felt Pax go weak in the knees so she wrapped her arm around his waist in case he fell "Neither have I, it was...transcendent, there really are no words except that one to describe it" she said growing weak at the very memory of it. She heard him say that he learned it from her "A beautiful soldier named Nevis? Who is this...Nevis, I don't think I have ever met her, but if she kisses like that I may want to try her kiss for my..." She didn't finish her sentence before he swooped in and kissing her again she took a breath as she pressed into it. Feeling his hand move to her waist than to her face, cradling it so gently she felt goosebumps assault her body, as her lips began to tingle, and her heart to beat faster. This time she wormed her tongue into his mouth a further deepening their kiss. She wrapped her arms around his waist pressing them and her breasts into his chest, and after the few minutes that seemed like hours, Nevis finally pulled away saddle and touched her lips to his own "answer to what?....Pax...I can't keel my secret anymore...I want you so badly right now...I'm sorry it's so sudden, but I want you to touch me...everywhere" she whispered softly, her warm breath caressing his ear as she nipped at his earlobes.

Pax listened to her words and felt her kisses in wonder. He'd wanted this. Then, he hadn't wanted this, and now it was happening.
But now, it felt even more right than he'd hoped for. Somehow, they'd established this amazing connection almost immediately. If she'd been a different sort of girl and simply hopped off the shuttle and stripped off her clothes as soon as the doors closed...he now realized that would have just been empty

Their lips met and their hands grasped at each other. It was like they'd suddenly realized the limited time they had. If they'd been dating, they would have had a first kiss. Then, a second date with more exploration. Then a third date... and a progression of things.

Now he caressed her face, her back... her breasts through her clothes. It was a flurry of passion and...

Suddenly, they found themselves standing before each other in just their underwear. They were both panting with passion and they realized this was happening.

"So..." said Pax, suddenly shy again "Bed?"

Nevis smiled as he listened to her words it told her that he truly cared, because of that she showered him with a kiss then several pecks on the cheeks and lips than pulled away giggling letting him know it was a tease to excite him just a little more, it seemed to work as he felt something in his pants poking her leg a light blush spread across her cheeks as she giggled. Now she kissed his chest and moving toward his ear leaving a trail of kisses in their wake. She reached his ear sucking on it, and nipped it sucking his ear as she pulled away "I like soft kisses across my chest and my neck...and hickies...don't disappoint me" she teased jokingly and as she pressed him to her chest letting him feel every inch of her before pulling away and looking into his eyes, there was a sly seductive smile creeping across her lips as she pressed her soft pink lips to his own and slipped in her tongue letting him taste her while she undressed them both without breaking the kiss. It was a shame Thomas couldn't see her talent. She pulled away reluctantly and stood their in only her panties she smiled "you know...all I ever wanted was someone that cared about me, and not only my body...than you Pax" she jumped it his arms "to bed...carry me" she said dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom