Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Unthinkable Compromise (Spacer1999 & Mannon_Mox)

Spacer1999

Literate Roleplayer -equal lover of story and smut
Dex sat against the wall of the cell, reading the Marco Codex. Of course, he wasn't actually reading it, he wouldn't have been allowed such a thing in this hell hole of a prison that his captors ran. The elite of an elite sect of scholars, Dex had been genetically engineered to have a perfect, eidetic memory. His years of 14-18 had been spent in the great library, looking at every page of every volume in the sacred stacks. Now, they were inside his head and when he had time, he contemplated the meaning of the many words that were in his brain, but he'd never taken the time to digest.

After the ship he'd been working on had been captured and he'd been imprisoned, he had a lot of time to 'read'.

Suddenly, the door rattled. He stood back against the wall, as was the rule, and waited.

The door flew open and two guards came in, wrestling with a struggling woman in battle armor.

Everything happened so fast. Her crew made an error in their route to Qorax planet and they ended up in the wrong section of the galaxy. Not even 5 minutes passed before they appeared. The "crickets" as they called the aliens, teleported inside their ship. The fight didn't last more than 10 minutes. Both sides had too much to lose, the valkyrie were strong enough to exterminate them but since an enemy was tracking and following their movements they preferred to continue without noticeable incidents. The leader negotiated a truce that was never heard of before, she'd give one of her warriors in exchange of leaving.

Next thing she remembered was sharp heavy object hitting the back of her head and everything turned dark. She was betrayed by her own guild. She didn't gain consciousness until she was inside the fortress. The crickets dragged her through the corridors violently like an animal so she fought them back like one. She knew it was useless but she wasn't going down that easily. The biggest one grabbed her by her neck and rose her to the air, asphyxiating her. Then they let her go, leaving her suspended and immobilized by an invisible force.

Dex just stood, stunned as the Crickets trussed up the woman warrior into the suspension restraint. She must be dangerous, indeed. Once the guards left, he ventured to look a little closer.
By the gods, it was a Valkyrie. He couldn't fathom why they would put her in the same cell as he was. Actually, he could. Crickets had no idea about male or female sex, and they were probably just short on space.

He was just slightly glad she was restrained in a dampening device. Valkyrie were known to break a man's arm for simply looking at them wrong. Add in their powers (which varied) and steering clear of a Valkyries path was generally the best choice.

"Umm... hello," said Dex. "My name is Dex and I am a Tolleun Scholar."

He moved around in front of her so she could see him. Generally, he stood near 6', but he found himself almost trying to shrink in her gaze. "It's uh... well, I guess I wouldn't say that it's good to meet you, not in these circumstances. I just want you to know that I mean you no ill and will respect the boundaries due to someone in your order."

Back
Top Bottom