Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

General Poll

Spacer1999

Literate Roleplayer -equal lover of story and smut
Hey, returnee after a long hiaatus (new user name).

Quick Poll. Have you ever had a RP that had more OOC discussion than actual story?

Yep! I think part of it is that it's faster to OOC and since I really enjoy it when my partners are people I can chat with, we'll be sending conversation back and forth even on days that neither of us has the time or energy to sit down and actually post.

Yeah I have for sure. Although I enjoy it what I find happens is I start losing interest in the RP itself because the OOC chat is all about what will happen in the RP and so the RP becomes a foregone conclusion for me and feels played out in the OOC chat. If that makes sense.

Yes, and half the time the story itself stops, while the OOCing continues. :ROFLMAO: Certain people you just hit it off with outside of the story, and make better chatty pals than cowriters. I'm mainly here to create and plot, but sometimes it's nice to just make friends.

All of them, really. I have a tendency to MST3K my RPs in private messages.

Hah! Same! I love it when I have a good rapport with my partners. It makes it far more fun than simply churning out content.

And sometimes certain stories are just fun to brainstorm, but actually pretty hard to write...so the fun comes in talking about what you would do. I've had that happen where I have this super fun idea that turns out to be unrealistic to co-write, but we still have fun chattin' about it.

.... myeah. anyway - I have written, co-written and RP'ed for several years, but I'm relatively new to BMR. I've always found that OOC, or even IC, outside-of-story discussion is a great way to pick the brain of any potential partner, find out what character they have, find out early if they are the type to lack any and ghost you, whether they are just a fake or can keep up with you Lit-wise. The first few I had didn't lead to anything, thankfully, but my last four stuck because we are at the same level, technically-speaking, and understand communication is essential in using each other as soundingboards. All four RP's I have since striking literary gold are wild, exciting and extremely inspiring on a deeper level, because we feed off of each other. So, naturally - for us, anyway - there is always a majority of outside-of-story OOC and IC discussion that I find most rewarding, in fact.

Yeah definitely, especially if I get along well with the other writer. Sometimes people don't have the energy to put forth the effort to write out a long reply. So we take it easy and just discuss future directions we can take the characters with what has happened so far in the RP. If we're real close then we talk about RL stuff too.

I don't know about 50%, but I like a lot of OOC. For me this is a social hobby.

Back
Top Bottom