Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] Parallel History

literotica

Meteorite
This idea is still a sapling, and I'd love to help it grow and bloom with the right person.

What's revealed itself so far is:

1. The basic foundations and physical laws of the universe are the same.

2. We're two or three thousand years in the past.

3. Instead of alcohol (wine, mead, etc.), there are completely different natural intoxicants available, that the culture is built around. (At least one of them a potent, sacred psychedelic at the heart of our culture's religion.)

Think a kind of cross between Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt, with different culture built around different chemistry.

If you're interested in developing details of this world further, together, let me know. This could be very fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally I enjoy world-building, and some of my more-fun projects have been around alternate histories.

I generally pick a key point in Earth's established history and change it in a way that suits my roughly-declared end-goal, then go from there.

For example: in 323BC Alexander the Great died, and his Empire was summarily carved up by four of his Generals; but what if Alexander did NOT die, and instead continued marching through Eastern Europe and Arabia?

Happy to help out if you want it. :)

If it were me I would be thinking about what I ultimately want to explore within this world and build around that. You have mentioned the psychedelic that is important to their culture, perhaps there could be some hypocrisy or ulterior motive behind this socially acceptable drug? Does it chill people out, make them more susceptible to control etc?

As this is your RP, it would be interesting to hear the following,

* What sort of society is it?
* Are there very different opposing cultures outside of society you want to focus on?
* Are there rebels within your society that want something different?
* More details about their religion and what kind of power it holds as well as it's belief system.

It's kind of difficult to suggest ideas when I need to know more otherwise I could just be firing off ideas that are meaningless to you.

Back
Top Bottom