Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

INTEREST - Sandbox Crime RP

As for my first foray under the Blue Moon, I would like to propose a freeform sandbox RP, set in the veins of crime, action, and all-encompassing melodrama. It would revolve around the underworld; organized crime, illegal gambling, drug trade, turf wars, etc; and profile the lives of a diverse cast of characters, from police and pushers, to Capos and kingpins. As such, this would be a deeply mature RP embodying themes that some adults might find unsettling, although it is assumed that you know where the line in the sand is, in regards to appropriate material on Blue Moon. As is the nature of the real world, the dynamics of the RP will revolve around personal decisions and consequences. Consider this to be a disclaimer.

Onto the metaphorical meat and potatoes! A setting is quite possibly the most important element to have in a sandbox RP. Many factors rely upon the setting, to determine if they are present. For a crime RP, there are a number of different settings that we can discuss, along with their associating factors. Here are a few ideas that we can freely discuss.

• LAS VEGAS/MIAMI/NYC/ANY CITY
  • DEEP AMAZON RAIN FOREST
  • RURAL AMERICAN SOUTHWEST
  • FICTIONAL WARTORN CITY (ANY TIME PERIOD)
  • SMUGGLING ROUTE ISLAND COMMUNITY

Plenty more ideas exist in my head, however let's talk about how such an RP would be run. In my experience, I find it sufficient to run an OOC page that contains both discussion for the RP, and applications to join the RP. Each player must submit an application on the OOC page, and await my clearance on your character. I require meaty profiles; detail, length, interest. The same goes for RP conduct. Be relevant, be realistic. Pulling a rocket launcher or IFV out of nowhere is a no-go. Inexplicably avoiding a hail of gunfire while being caught out in the open, is a no-go. Killing characters is something that requires some discussion, although I much prefer both characters to have an incentive in surviving their encounter.

Does something like this interest you? Want an RP that you, the player, have stock in continuing? Then feel free to reply here and discuss it with me. Or don't. The choice is truly yours.

A smugglers island, somewhere in that Philippians or Indonesia could be interesting. Places like that have very pores boarders that are hard for their governments to police.

Definitely would be a factor. Security forces would be practically nonexistent on the island, or in the immediate area. Much of the strife would come from within, so I would be open to rival smuggling bands as a method of plot advancement, maybe even pirates and other brigands.

Back
Top Bottom