Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite (and least favorite) season of American Horror Story

Favorite Season of AHS

• Murder House

• Asylum

• Coven

• Freakshow

• Hotel

• Roanoke

• Cult

• Apocalypse

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhoenixRising82

“Ours is the Magic. Ours is the Power.”
Simple as it sounds. What is your favorite season of AHS and your least favorite season and why?

My Favorite: Hotel

It has EVERYTHING I love. Vampires, ghosts, creepy children, serial killers, the ghosts of serial killers. A killer cast. No pun intended! I mean; Lady Fucking Gaga! :love: The Countess was just....I loved her. Kathy Bates....who doesn’t need her in their lives? Honestly? Denis O’Hare as Liz Taylor!? Yes fucking please! I loved Liz, aside from The Countess, she was my absolute favorite character and his best, hands down in my opinion. Then there was Evan Peters, mind you I’m not a huge fan of his, indont moon over him at all like a lot of females do but I loved his portrayal of James Patrick March. Fucking loved it! His best character to date in my humble opinion. It doesn’t hurt that the character of course was based off the infamous H.H. Holmes either. Just to me it was an all around great season and the best for me personally.

My Least Favorite: Roanoke

What killed it for me....was the Blair Witch bullshit they started with during the first half of the season. If they’d have just told the story a little differently, I think it definitely had potential but the way they brought it to life, kind of killed it. I liked the story behind the haunting of the house, I truly did. I just think they....’Butchered’ it. Again, no pun intended. Lmao

Bonus Material: I am super stoked for the new season. AHS: 1984. Supposed to be old school, 80’s flavor, campy horror style and considering that’s my favorite time of the horror genre, I can’t wait to see what they do with it! They start filming tomorrow and it’s supposed to be ready for watching come middle of September, I believe.

Oooh this question is so difficult, and so good at the same time. I've yet to see Apocalypse so I need to get caught up, but overall this show was been one of my favorites of all time.

Favorite: Hotel (Coven would be a close second.)

Definitely in no small part because of Liz, god I loved how that story went, it's the only season where I felt they had plenty of side stories going on, but they all got fleshed out well instead of just feeling unnecessary (like the aliens in Asylum.) The twists were great even if some of them were easy to figure out and the pacing was incredible. My only gripe is that spiky dildo man was used as such a shock image in the first episode, and then just vanished for the most part.

Least Favorite: Cult

I don't know if it's the lack of supernatural elements, or just the toning, but it lost my interest really fast, even as a political satire I didn't particularly enjoy it.

@SoftWhispers Yes! Coven would be a close second for me as well. Hotel was so well put together and everything seemed flawlessly cohesive throughout the entire season, it was just beautifully done. Ryan really did great with it! The dildo man was definitely a head scratcher but freaky as fuck! I’m also not too sure how I feel about the Countess’ baby. It never did set well with me and I can’t put my finger on it, never have been able to.

Cult was a second close on my least favorite too. Then again, I’m not all into politics, so that part kinda killed it for me. However, again, Evan Peters multiple characters were kind of spot on through the entire thing, I thought. I did love when Sarah Paulson’s character killed off her wife though. Her wife was fucking annoying as shit to me. Lmao

Fave would be "Murder House" really well done. I actually stopped watching during S2 because it wasn't appealing to me and never went back to the show.

So it would appear that Evan Peters will not be in this season of AHS. Nor will Sarah Paulson, though she may make a brief guest appearance.

It’ll be weird not seeing either of them mich or at all, being as they’ve been a mainstay throughout the entirety of the anthology.1

I actually really liked Roanoke. Was definitely something different which I appreciate.

My least favorite is probably Cult. I'm all for shitting on trumpers now and then but I want monsters and ghoulies and ghosts and such

Sarah will be making an appearance, it’s been confirmed. She just won’t be a major player like she has been over the years. She’s got a few other projects going on right now, so she can’t commit her time like she could.

Cheyenne Jackson also will not be in this season at all. It was confirmed yesterday or the day before I believe. Which saddens me. I adore Cheyenne and I’ve enjoyed almost all of his characters so far.

Asylum was absolutely batshit and the first season I watched of AHS, so it has a special place in my heart (also Lana giving Thredson the finger through the car window: I C O N) but the characters in Hotel win out for me. Liz and March were fun (even though March is a horrendous sadist), I even wrote them a couple of times because I loved them so much.

oh my gosh, this is literally my favorite show on national television besides la casa de papel! my ultimate favorite season will have to be cult, but i do want to mention some other seasons that left a strong impression on me before cult even came out. firstly, asylum. probably the most well written season ive seen yet. sarah paulson's acting made it all the better and i just adore how all the different aspects of the season came together so nicely in the end. you felt content at its ending, no hole in your heart, just contentment. secondly, coven. of course coven is an honorable mention, its a cinematic masterpiece, well done in every sense of the phrase. the only thing i'd change is how tasteless it began, no true substance at the beginning of the season sadly, but they made up for it tenfold with it's climax.

my least favorite would have to go to freak show. i hated the pacing, i felt like the episodes dragged out too long without holding my interest. don't get me wrong, our psychopathic murderers kept me going, but after a while even they couldn't deter my disinterest. i felt like there was a good plot under all the, for the lack of a better word, crap, but i couldn't stick around long enough to find out. now, as for my all time favorite, cult, let me tell you. it was one of the best performances ive seen from evan peters. i was so proud of him by the end of the season. after watching him practically grow up in the series, it was nice to see just how much he's evolved as an actor up to this point. as for the actual season itself, I LOVED IT! it was just like asylum, so many different parts of the show coming together SEAMLESSLY. EVERYTHING made sense for me in the end. there was justice, which im pretty sure we all needed with kai and his foolishness. i love the fact that we were able to connect with the characters in a more intimate way. we're seeing so many vulnerable sides to all the characters, we cry when they cry, get angry when they are. it was so wonderfully produced and i'd watch it again if re watching things didn't bother me as much as it did.

Back
Top Bottom