Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

3 post rules

Kali2

Moon
I understand the need for 3 posts, but adding 24 hours before I can message people? That's really disheartening. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

As a new person, I am sort of split. I mean, I would love to be able to start messaging people, on the other hand out of there, he starts preparing spam. Maybe there could be a compromise, like a message limit per day for the first 24 hours?

I didn't mind but I think it should be a 2 way street. I received a PM within 10 minutes of signing up from a member who wanted to RP with me, a copy and paste type of request so I would assume I was one of many to get PM'd by them. Anyway, my point is if newbies can't PM they shouldn't be able to be PM'd either for the probation period.

You can reply to PMs sent to you.

I don't think that would help at all. Most new people are advised to make these their three posts: 1. Required introduction; 2. Reply to folks in your own intro/post in another person's intro thread, welcoming them and inquiring about their interests; 3. A request thread in the appropriate section(s). A lot of people are very impatient when they sign up and they want to get started role-playing right away. Since PMing members is the only way to initiate contact to start an rp, I think it'd be a poor decision to completely cut off new members from the thing they're here to do for 24 hours. At least give them some sort of ability to start.

I found I had access pretty quickly. I did the 3 posts and then other parts of the site opened up. Not sure if it is always that quick or I was lucky. I wasn't sure if I could respond to the PM or not as I had no interest in it so didn't check to see how I might respond if I wanted to.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't find 24 hours to be all that long really. I know people are keen to start but again, not that long a period really.

I'm ok with rule, especially since this is my 3rd post. :)

I do though wish they wouldn't treat members who've been away as complete newbies. I've not been back to this site for several years and although I still have thousands of PM's in my account I'm still subject to the same requirements as someone who's never been here before.

Oh well, so I have to wait a day. Could be worse problems in life, no?

I find the rule to be just fine. A full day's time isn't much though a bit disheartening if you want to jump right into things. But we live.

I do think it's a bit silly we can receive PMs but not send them. If one is willing I suppose you could throw up an instant messenger or Discord contact and keep your fingers crossed.

You can reply to messages sent to you, though. So, it's to ease the ache some people have to get started right away. Put up a request thread, get a few messages, and you can still kinda get started on the rping aspect before you have full access.
If you mean on the board, that's not helpful when it looks like the trend is all self-bumps and nothing more. PMs appear to be the go-to here, or off-site connections, mostly Discord. The people who say in their request thread that they'd like to use the board are a significantly small amount. It'd be cool if someone PMed you and it unlocked restrictions for PMing just that person, which would keep the system in tact. I imagine there's limitations to the forum software, though.

What? No, you make a request thread to put out your ideas, so people can see what you're into, what stories you want to do. That is like an ad, that makes you and your interests visible to others.
Then, interested people message you. You are able to(before full access) reply to their messages inquiring about getting an rp started.
So, as per your suggestion "unlocked restrictions for PMing just that person" it DOES. That's what I was trying to tell you.

If before full access, you get a message from someone, you can reply to that message they sent you.

Yes, the board is very PM oriented but you have to be visible first. A request thread does that. Very few people will message you without looking at your request thread and knowing your interests, kinks, and preferences.
That was definitely not my case. I received a PM concerning my request thread and the board would not let me reply. I tried refreshing and relogging. It didn't matter. It would not let me do it. It wasn't a big deal, as that person and I didn't wind up writing even when contact was established, but that might not be everyone's case.

I know I had to resolve a number of issues over the past few weeks with my test account. There were a number of things borked after the upgrade.

@Toss_n_Turn should have been able to reply, however, judging from their signup time. One possibility is if the user deleted+ignored the conversation right away?

I know I had to resolve a number of issues over the past few weeks with my test account. There were a number of things borked after the upgrade.

@Toss_n_Turn should have been able to reply, however, judging from their signup time. One possibility is if the user deleted+ignored the conversation right away?
Well, I got back to them the next day. They had asked what my gender was. It wasn't what they wanted and they told me as much. We exchanged a couple more posts back and forth and that was it. So I don't think the convo was deleted or ignored. I dunno. If it was just a bug, then whatevs I guess.

Personally, I think it's something of a useful vetting option. It's telling when someone really has a bone to pick with a mere 24 hours on an uncommonly open forum on the internet.

It's only a slightly odd measure because I was around prior to it. I used PMs regularly with others, and now I'm having to make three posts to even view profiles.

Speaking of which, I think this is my third.

Maybe a good ideato setup a poll, for established members to see what they view as the right option.. I can appreciate why they set it up to stop spammers.

I found if you write a decent introduction it will pique someones interest and build from there.

I find it weird how some people get let in after only 6 hours looking at the introductions?
It also makes in confusing on what is available to do on this sight with no explanation why this dose not work it just says you cant and you got to figure it out then.

Hmm, I kinda get it. At the very least, they get to regulate active to non-active accounts ^^

I am still on the 24 hr wait and I loath ever second of it.

I also wholeheartedly approve of the policy itself. My internet supplier has a history of ad spamming, and without these protection there's a good chance BMR will ban my IP altogether. Or just straight up get spammed sooner or later.

The age of instant gratification.

It's a rule. It doesn't hurt anyone. It is applied to everyone. It actually helps everyone patient enough to stick around for 3 posts and 24 hours.

If abiding by that rule stresses you, perhaps you should seek professional help. Seriously, if you have to have it right now, why are you in here and not joining up one of the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of other RP sites? But, I guess some folks just have to gripe about something. Guess what I'm griping about. :eek: 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

After over 24 hours, 3 posts, and an intro, I still can't PM. Hmmmmm. My stance on this policy is shifting towards annoyance.

Edit: false alert, I'm bad at reading the clock.

I tried relogging before posting that, and again after. It's still not working for some reason...

Edit: ignore me, I failed to read AM and PM. It's not 24 hr yet lol.

After over 24 hours, 3 posts, and an intro, I still can't PM. Hmmmmm. My stance on this policy is shifting towards annoyance.

Edit: false alert, I'm bad at reading the clock.
(y) (y)

I think it's a bit of an inconvenience, but certainly nothing too bad. The 24 hour wait period is a little much, maybe it could be shortened to 12? I don't really know.

Basically I think the rules are fine, waiting 24 hours isn't hard, especially when you spend the time in real life, hehe.
But there's one thing I noticed when I joined a few days ago. I spent the first hour browsing through the request threads, eager to find a roleplay partner and start, and quickly found a few people I would have loved to contact right away. But I couldn't. So, my fear was, that after 24 hours, when I'd be finally able to write them, they might have already found other partners because I couldn't write sooner.

Back
Top Bottom