Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steal Back the Night (Ex vs WoD)

RSGAlex

Super-Earth
Before the sundering, before the closing of the gates of Arcadia, before there was a world of darkness, there was something more. But that exalted age fell, and lead to the current age of the world, all its wonders dashed. Or so it seemed. As a red star raised in the skies of the world, as a progenitor of a lineage of bloodsucking undead rose and fell, as a great maelstrom destroyed and passed, as doom seemed immanent the hidden last inheritors of that far past broke open a spiritual obuilette of dead world-stuff, hoping both that the spiritual things within remained viable in this fallen world and that their reintroduction to the world would not hasten its calamitous end.

But that's the near past. Right now a bar in San Antonio is about three minutes away from a hellish surprise. A pack of vampires will descend, abuse their powers, and leave a single traumatized victim to speak about their supernatural killing spree. In two days, unknown cops and therapists will have cleaned up the scene and the survivor's mind, keeping their veil intact. And the nights will continue like this, until world's end. Or that's how it should have happened. The first changes made by the Exalted host will have echoed forth into the world. It is not just mere mortals in this bar, at least not after the first minute of the walking corpse's display of power.

You now are among the Chosen, and there is a simple question before you. Will you steal back the night, or shall it just become thy demense as the last steps in the world's song peter out?

Long ago, I once kitbashed something like this together. Then along came this and this. And I decided to give things another go. Make sure to look at the links, because if you want to be an Exalt, those two tell you how things work for them in this. You also would want at least some classic WoD book to do the rest of the looking/making if you don't have a 20th version of it, but if you remember well enough or can get help, that also works.

This isn't going to be the most grim and serious of examinations of responsibility and power (or lack thereof). But do keep that idea in mind.

Now, application wise, in addition to sheet for final consideration, I want three things. One, an idea of how much classic WoD knowledge you have just for my own porpises. Two, confirmation that you feel that you can do at least two posts a week. Three, what kind of and amount of sex stuff and mature content you're interested in/looking for.

And to tail this off, Shih MA is in, and I'm considering a kludge of Legend for Exalts.

what year will this be set in?

(what exactly are the responsibilities of the chosen?)

It's the early bits of the year 2000, the change so fresh that most people are still dating things with 1999 if they're not careful. The Dragonblooded have responsibilities to their house usually in proportion to what benefits they are granted and as a whole have been trying to avert the end of all things, which is what lead to re-unleashing the Celestials upon the world once more. The Sidereals, in part because of their nature and magic, typically end up being at least somewhat responsible for the flowing of fate but it's not mandatory as much as it is helpful and a good way to have a goal when everything seems to have just changed on you.

Now, it's possible that any given chosen might have had some kind of responsibilities to the supernatural world before. Depending on what those responsibilities are and how they were enforced, the individual may choose to keep those responsibilities, leave them behind, or give the person that thrust those responsibilities on them a very, very rude lesson.

Good to have your interest. I'm probably going to scrap the Legend kludge, but if people are interested, I can put up what I had.

I can probably get one or 2 more folks to join. many people go for interesting stories.

I'll keep an eye out then. And clean up the custom countermagics just in case.

It may just be paranoia, but I like to see the minimum number in thread just as, well, like I said. To be prepared and satisfy my paranoia.

EDIT: You know what you reminded me of @mainman ? That I totally forgot this thread. But now it exists, and I'll put up a character thread once I wake back up. Don't know why I had to be so tired to remember this.
[automerge]1563738639[/automerge]
[Stylin' Profilin'] Steal Back the Night (Ex vs WoD)
Steal Back the Night OOC
Got those excess threads up.

Last edited:
need more info.
quite vague
post characters and story
Can I get a little clarification on that? I'm feeling under the weather and fearing that I'm not understanding things properly right now. So could you say a bit more so that I know if I'm interpreting this right or not?

Back
Top Bottom