Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You Bred A Flame (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
"What I cannot see is how,

From the green wave rising,

Out of water, Oh Aphrodite,

You bred a flame."

It hurt. More than the betrayal of her father, who would disown her for her Pantheon. She was stripped and held down as they inked in her skin her curse. "Typhon's gaze favors you and I will have no such omen in my home." She wasn't hurting anyone. She wasn't sacrificing anything to her God. Merely worshipping. Basking in the power and grace of the Hydra; offspring to the powerful Echidna and Typhon, living peacefully in the lake of Lerna. She wasn't causing harm, so why? Why was she not allowed to praise and worship a being of such awe? Because of Zeus? Because he was King of the Gods? She didn't believe such things. He robbed the heavens from its true rulers, the Titans. Gaia Herself was displeased and created Typhon to oppose this. Without Typhon, there was no Python, and therefore no Hydra. And therefore she would have no purpose.
After gaining her ink, her curse, she was forced - with her broken jewls and tattered dress - onto a small ship to an island where none would remember who she was. But in spite of trying to shower her in endless shame, she was granted a new home with a new family who loved and accepted her. Her curse was now a beautiful gift that granted her freedom and peace.

Her name was Raven. She was an oddity on this island, with skin fairer than most, and a head of fine golden hair. Her eyes shimmered a deep blue, and to a good few on the island, she was a treasure. More than a devout follower of the Hydra.

She was treated far better than anyone else, even the elders who live there. Because of her markings of the serpent that stretched across her back and down her arms, she was like a gift from Gaia Herself. Everyone adored her and gave her respect she was so accustomed to from home. She became the high priestess of the Pantheon and led the people in prayer and praise. The merchants that braved trade to the island were so stunned by her that they offered her jewls and silks for her priestess garbs and jewelry. She was never one for rudeness, so she only wore them during her ceremonies. Beyond that, she was merely a humble woman in service of the serpent.

She was beyond happy with her new home, and every day made sure to complete her ritualistic worship, hoping that they would be blessed.

It was just a usual day on the island, everything was peaceful and there was a gentle breeze from the sea. One of the younger priestesses, Helena, was racing up the steps of the temple.
"My lady! My lady!" She sounded distressed, her sandals slapping in a panic against the marble.

She stopped, her breathing labored, "O-On the beach...! O-Our prayers, they...!" She could barely speak, "Please, come see!"

When they reached the beach, she could hardly believe her eyes. A man was there, but he was hardly a man. He was half serpent, standing tall and towering over the people who ached to touch him, to feel him as real. He was decorated in gold and gems, his hair dripping wet from the sea and as blood red as his scales. His arms from his elbows to his fingers were also covered in scales with long pointed nails. He was covered in scars; some old, others new. The whites of his eyes were black with the irises a deep forest green. And he looked confused at everyone reaching toward him and gawking at him.

She ran toward him and parted the crowd before dropping to her knees and bowing in front of him. "My lord..! You have come to us!"

"Our prayers have come true..! We were afraid that we did not please you!" She said. For one so strange, he could not deny that seeing her on her knees like this was far from unpleasant.

He noticed her tattoo and slid behind her to get a better look. "You wear the likeness of my brother, Hydra."

She smiled. "Y-Yes! I do! I was banished from my home across the sea for worshipping thr Hydra.. So they branded me with this and gifted me this wonderful island as my new home! We all worship the Hydra here, my lord..! We worship you as well..!" She said, holding her hands tight together.

He could get used to this. "And you, with this...image painted into such marble skin. This makes you the head of the pantheon?"

"Seeing as it was I who had forsaken home and country for your grace, the title of head priestess was bestowed upon me..!" She said with a smile. "Not a day has gone by where we did not pray for your arrival!"

"Y-You will be staying in the temple! The pantheon, our most sacred place of worship!" She said. "It will be altered to meet your every need! She said.

He let out a low chuckle. He couldn't help it really. Humans were such odd blissful things. "Then please. Lead on."

He was. He didn't care if anyone noticed. They probably didn't care either. But he loved her shapely hips and how they swayed when she walked. He was going to like this.

Her robes weren't helping, when they weren't hugging her form, they were revealing a lot more of that same marble colored skin.

He forced himself to look away to peer at his new home. Everyone was watching him. Gawking him. Whispering and wanting for him. And they were all his. Everything was his.

Back
Top Bottom