Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Corrin, Let me protect you!: A retrainer's desire! ((Saber_AturiaXMasoKitty))

Vailed In Black

•´¯`•. lέᵐ𝕄𝒆 ⒽєΔ𝐫 үo𝐔 Ⓢᶜ𝓻𝓔𝒶m ≾3 .•´¯`•
Corrin glanced down at her feet as they pressed against the dirt road, they were heading to a neutral port town to head to the rainbow sage. Apparently, the rainbow sage had a way to unlock her Yamato which she needed to fight against the evil King Garon. The one that threatens Hoshido and killed her mother. Her mother, the thought stings her mind like a wasp over and over again. To think that she almost decided against joining her siblings, her birthright, to fight at their sides for Hoshido. "S-sister! W-what are you thinking about?", A little voice appeared as Corrin glanced over it was Sakura. She had joined back when they were heading past the fort which they were besieged but she had managed to recruit her childhood friend from Nohr that had taken out her to see the world for a bit when they were children.
"Just...mother...", Corrin said barely as she had only a few moments with her mother, well a few days during the time her memories came back and she realized at that time her 'father' was. A man that stole her away from her real father then killed him during a raid. It was so heart wrenching as she held a hand to her chest. She wanted peace! She wanted peace with her Nohr siblings and she wanted them to get along with her Hosido blood siblings. But there was no way that was going to happen, she choose a side, and this is the side she choose which her other family would fight her tooth and nail. Sakura finally frowned looking down, but then her eyes finally trailed back up to Corrin. "We will avenge mother! Besides, you are fighting with you true family S-sister! Mother would be happy to know you are! Once we find Ryoma and join once again as a family we can do anything!" Sakura tried her hand at a rousing speech Corrin smiled at her stronger now as her stride grew more confident. "You are right Sakura! I am glad we are bonding so quickly. I want to know my siblings...I missed so much time with you all." She commented as another behind them just grunted.

"Speak for yourself, Sister..", The voice was cold and very mistrusting it was Takumi he had a negative look at Corrin since the moment she had joined Hoshido. No matter how much reassurances she gave the archer he refused to open up to her like Sakura and even her sister Hinoka was very emotional when they both talked to her near a village in a valley that she had gone to help in. "I still don't trust you...I won't ever trust you...I feel you are waiting for a moment to strike us in the back." Takumi commented walking ahead with some of the troops that were in front of them. Sakura just walked by Corrin as she shook her head, "Don't worry S-sister, he loves you, he is just having difficulty accepting you completely like us all. I know that...s-sounds horrible but ...it is how Takumi is." She commented as Corrin gave Sakura a warm smile, "Don't worry Sakura, I understand..." she glanced up at the bright Sky with the sun shining down on her. It gave a certain warmth she hadn't ever had while in the Northern fortress during her childhood while in Nohr. She had missed it, though soon it would turn to night as they pressed into Nohr territory. Though she needed direction on her sword and the rainbow sage would help her lead the Hoshidos to victory. "...O-oh dear ...s-sister!", Sakura spoke up as Corrn was roused from her thought to look over, "yes Sakura?" she asked as the young priestess smiled brightly, "where is Kaze? He and you have been getting closer lately!" She asked as Corrin blinked yeah where did he go? He had been coming around and talking to her about the past and everything. It was odd that he was nowhere to be seen.

Just then Hinoka walked up to them laughing, "he is just with his brother Sakura! Haha! They are talking after that nasty business with Mokushu!" Hinoka said as she looked at Corrin a smile turned tender and even her eyes watered up again. "I am glad you are back sister! This time, I won't let those Nohr dogs take you away from us again! You are with us your true family!" Hinkoa declared as Corrin frowned, sure she was with her birth family but she still felt a family connection to Nohr. However, she made a choice: even if that meant siding against Xander and the rest of them she would expose the King for what he was: a ruthless evil man. The thought gave her resolve to continue on, finally, Hinoka and Sakura could see that Corrin's steps had grown more confident and she had returned to her usual stride. "That is my sister!" Hinoka patted Corrin on the back while Sakura smiled brightly, "we will find Ryoma and be complete again and then we can finish this awful war!" Sakura cheered which was unusual for her due to her shyness but Corrin smiled knowing it was the energy they felt from having her back in their family after being kidnapped so long ago. "Yes, as a family we will seek out the Rainbow Sage as Ryoma did and then we will travel onward to the capital of Nohr! We will end this fight so that nobody else has to die!" Corrin explained as her spirit was at an all-time high!

Kaze was well aware of Corrin’s status as princess – while he wasn’t of royal blood himself, his family had served the royal line for years, and he considered himself to be the young princesses retainer even if he had never told her directly. Afterall – it was his fault in not telling Sumeragi that he didn’t trust tne Norhians when King Garon wished to meet them, and this mistake led to Sumeragi’s death. This was a chance to make things right, to protect Corrin and help her attain justice for the loss of her mother, father, and years of imprisonment in the dark kingdom of Nohr. Peace almost felt like an unattainable solution at this point, Takumi seemed to want nothing less than war, and even as his cold and firm tone was directed to Corrin, Kaze’s purple eyes looked back to the royal with a hint of concern but also slight coldness. Takumi had never trusted Corrin, and it wasn’t as if Corrin hadn’t mourned the loss of her mother either, she wasn’t at fault for that.

Of course – no one noticed the cold look Kaze gave Takumi, he was a bit of distance away, keeping hidden but still close enough that he could keep an eye on Corrin. Or at least, Kaze assumed no one noticed him/

“Kaze.” Came a familiar, slightly cold voice from behind that caused the ninja to flinch.

“Ah, brother… I didn’t see you there.” As green haired man turned to the redhead behind him, he calmed his nerved and gave a nod to his older brother. Unlike Kaze, Saizo was an official retainer to Lord Ryoma, with all the prestige and honor that was entailed. Likewise, his elder brother was the lord of their house, so it was further expected of Kaze to follow his brother’s orders. “The area here is safe, I don’t think Corirn and the others are in any danger.”

“You’ve been spending a lot of time with Corrin lately.” Saizo spoke, his tone cool but not harsh. “I’ve been noticing that. I imagine some of it isn’t just to keep an eye on her safety...” As Saizo continued to talk, Kaze gave a reluctant pause, soon shaking his head. “It’s nothing. I seek to be her retainer. I want to make things right afterall. After I failed her father...” trailing off, Kaze remembered that night in near vivid detail, his eyes closing shut as familiar images came to the forefront.

“Just remember, she needs a retainer. She needs someone who can help keep her safe. This is a trying time for her.” Kaizo was blunt as usual, but Kaze deeply appreciated the mans advice. Giving a nod, the younger of the two brothers looked back to Corrin as she talked with Sakura and Hinoka.

“No one will harm her under my watch.” Kaze spoke calmly, giving anod back. “For now…I’ll be keeping an eye on her from a distance. Perhaps it’s better that she be able to focus on her siblings and the task ahead. I’m sure she doesn’t need me bothering her.” Speaking with a hint of self deprecating humor, Kaze moved further onwards towards the town, he could meet up with Corrin there again if necessary, and it was best to make sure that there was no real Nohrian presence there. It was a neutral town, but in such uneasy times, threats could be anywhere.

Corrin moved with the group as they headed toward the port, finally, Azura came up close to Corrin her face shown of concern as the rest moved a bit so she could join Corrin at her side. "Be careful Corrin, you will find your other siblings...I know how you feel about them..." She said almost like a warning as Corrin shook her head. "I...I think I could get through to them if they just listen to me...that is all." She continued to explain as Azura shook her head, "that isn't how this is going to go Corrin, you made a choice." She said simply her tone unusually harsh, then again she had to be due to Corrin's inability to think realistically and she knew that the Hoshido siblings didn't want to bury their sister. Well as far as she knew that they all cared, but Takumi seemed to show other thoughts on the matter.

Suddenly a switch of her mood again, Corrin couldn't lie that she did make a choice. Why did it feel right and then also so wrong at the same time? She knew that her heart was huge but she didn't realize that same quality that people adored about her would strike her so deeply. "Azura...you can't mean that we cannot reach them? I...I won't have to kill them will I? I can't...you know this!" She pleaded almost with the blue haired woman as she shook her head. "You may...nothing is ever all light my dear Corrin. Take heart and steel for the trials to come soon. Though don't worry you have your family all around you, you have me which will support you with my very strength Corrin! Draw from them, and know they will be there." Azura was normally very quiet and disposed Corrin couldn't believe how passionate the songstress was suddenly being.

"Okay, Azura. I ...I need to deal with this and know that ...my choice lead me down a path and now I must walk it. For Pease." She said simply as she looked up again noticing that they were nearing the Port City, though her eyes spotted the two ninjas speaking together however they were moving away in the direction they were going. Corrin was about to go run to Kaze and talk to him since she felt so embarrassed about screaming out to him a while back while he was just trying to do his job though when she attempted she felt Azura's hand on her shoulder. "He is just going to scout ahead Corrin, let him do what he needs to do...protect you." She commented as Corrin just sighed, "he isn't...even my retainer...though I have heard whispers he hasn't come forward with that...so I just want to know more about him and figure him out." She explained as Azura nodded slowly. "You wish to know him? Let him come to you, let him talk to you and allow to know you, Corrin. Through our trials, we learn more about our comrades." Azura continued as Sakura looked over at Azura, "speaking of that...A-azura I know...we have lived together...b-but I don't know you that well even through all that time." Sakura commented as Azuara just smiled sadly shaking her head, "there isn't much to know little Sakura."

She dismissed the priestess as she nodded looking solemn though it was true Azura couldn't speak of her past as it revolved around Valla. She would be whisked away painfully like her mother if she were to break her silence. The curse to all those that dwell outside the dead kingdom, Azura often wore a pained expression when she felt so far from her comrades but that was her fate, to know the revelation but never be able to speak it. Even to her beloved Corrin which lies in the middle of it, she shook her head of the negative thoughts as she smiled. "Anyway, just be prepared my dear Corrin, this will be a challenging time for you and it will only get worse as time goes on." Corrin heard Azura as she moved ahead determined to get to the city as they were nearing the border of it. She could see the various buildings growing in size as they come closer.

As the main force made its way to the town Corrin finally noticed Kaze talking to his brother as they seemed to be discussing battle plans at least that is what she thought. When she had gotten close enough she made her way to him, "Hey Kaze!" She called out happily as her Hoshido royal outfit glinted in the setting sun giving it an orange white appearance. "I didn't see you all day! Guess you were doing your job well right?" Corrin said happily as she stared at the man noticing he was adopting his trademark smile when they conversed. It was weird most she heard was that Kaze was seeking to be a retainer but for some reason his smile seemed more for something else. Though those thoughts were pushed aside as she looked between them, "Is there any trouble?..." Though she asked this they both could tell there was an underlying tone to it as they both know that she had once called the Norhian royal family her family. So it would safe to assume that she was trying to avoid them while she made her way to the rainbow sage to learn more about the Yamato.

When Corrin began to approach, Saizo gave his brother an almost knowing nod, and soon turned to the silver haired princes to bow before he left for parts unknown. The green haired younger brother of the two soon looked to Corrin as she asked if there was trouble. “No, I did some exploration of the town and it seems fairly safe. I don’t know how long we’ll have until we can get a ship however so we could be here a day or two. I’ll be making sure that nothing bad happens between now and then. We should try taking it easy -we may not get the chance to do so again for a while.” As a few others of the Hoshidan army approached – Kaze recognized a few of them. Silas had been talking with the Diviner, Orochi. He wasn’t quite hearing their entire conversation, but whatever it was seemed to make Silas smile, so Kaze was glad at least some of them were enjoying themselves.

“Is everything okay, Corrin? I saw you were talking to Azura earlier.” The blue haired woman had a way of making Corrin take things seriously, and Kaze wasn’t always a fan of that – even if he was a professional most of the time there was something about Corrin’s smile that made him relaxed just the same. “I did see a place where most of us can spend a night at rest here though, if you wanted me to show you where that is.” Around them the town id seem to gawk and stare at some of the newcomers, as the war between Hoshido and Nohr had become far more serious than most realized – and quite a few thought having Hoshidan royalty within their town likely meant trouble. Of course the Hoshidans had anything but the desire to stir up controversy, but that wouldn’t stop the Nohr army if they were able to intercept them, would it?

Digging his foot briefly into the ground, Kaze looked Corrin over, finding it hard not to admire the way she practically glowed in the light as well. Clearing out his throat, he then gave a shake of his head. “of course if you prefer I can continue to scout and keep an eye out for any dangers around here. I doubt there are many, but it’s best to be prepared in case the worst happens, right?”

The group of girls had split past Corrin to go into town to grab supplies, talk around, and just relax. Though Hinoka was always on the lookout and she often had her Pegasus at the ready in case she would need to make sure nothing went down with her sister Corrin. Corrin enjoyed the fact that most of her army was bonding, talking, and just enjoying each other's company Silas was a question due to his defection from the Nohr army. Her childhood friend was particularly interesting due to the fact he was willing to throw everything away just cause of her. It kind of made her feel guilty but on the flip side, she was happy she had such loyalty to command even in old acquaintances. Though Azura stood by Corrin as she glanced at Kaze giving him a warm smile despite how cool she was overall.

"So far nothing is wrong Kaze, Hinoka refuses to stay still, and Sakura is following her around making sure she dosen't get into trouble. Then again I doubt that would really work anyway." She commented as Sakura was just too timid, to begin with. So having her follow Hinoka around would just mean that she would just become a patsy to the pegasus rider. "Ah, Kaze, I see you have been keeping the ways safe for Corrin? We had an uneventful trip considering reports of troops trying to obstruct our path. The Ninja clan that we had to rescue Kagero from was especially a thorn in our side, it is also nice that Seizo is also working as hard as he is. I suspected he would be a little suspicious of Corrin, but...Takumi is making that more apparent." Azura said though she glanced between the two suddenly she smiled. "Well, I suppose I should go in and figure out where we are staying. I will leave you two alone." Azura said as she walked away from them holding her negata in her hand heading into the city not turning back.

Corrin laughed, "it seemed that Azura didn't really want to wait and my siblings are basically rushing to get into the city and mess around. So you have my attention for tonight Kaze if that is okay." She commented as she remembers how she acted toward him the thought still lingering on her mind like a bitter taste or stinging sensation. Though when she saw that Kaze had changed his stance and acted like his usual Ninja self she laughed gently waving her hand dismissively. "Saizo has that covered, I bet he could cover this entire town if he wanted to. I wouldn't mind if you showed me Kaze, that is if you wish to go back to scouting with your brother, I won't hold you back. I know how paramount it is to keep me safe." Corrin commented as she gave the green haired Ninja a warm smile.

As Sakura, Hinoka, and some of the others passed the two on their way to the town, Kaze gave a respectful nod to his superiors. They were important of course and he wanted to show them the utmost of respect. Still, once they were gone his attention turned back to Corrin as he gave a slight nod. “Hinoka does make sure to keep after Sakura, they’re pretty close. It’s good to see they’re forming a bond with you as well.” It was something he was a little worried over, Corrin feeling alienated by her siblings but Takumi aside they had all warmed up to her rather quickly. “We should look for a good place to stay while we’re here, I agree. I think there are a few inns further into the city, those might be a good place to start, Azura.” Speaking to the songstress for a moment, he likewise gave a nod to her as she soon left, once again leaving Corrin and Kaze to their own devices.

“Your attention?” Perking up slightly at the thought, he soon shook his head. “I think it would be fine if I let my guard down for one day then. I doubt anyone here is looking for our blood or anything like that.” As Corrin walked alongside of her, he gave a nod to her when the discussion turned to Saizo. ‘He’s a stern man but he means well, and I know he’s looking out for everyone even if he’s Ryoma’s retainer. And, if I want to keep you safe, being by your side is probably one of the best places to be for that, right?” As he asked a small smile came across his lips, looking back to the silver haired noble. “While our allies look for a place to stay and scout the town, was there anything you wanted to do, Corrin?” He’d follow her anywhere, but since they had at least one safe night more than likely, the thought of doing something with her crossed his mind and it was far from an unpleasing thought to him.

Corrin nodded, "Yeah they were the first I met, and honestly they were the first to be happy about it. I am glad, after what happened with Xander...and the royal Nohr family...I was unsure but you all seemed so welcoming." She commented as she watched Kaze for a bit though he could see a hint of fear at the thought of Takumi and how distrusting the sibling was toward her. It often bothered her how much he fought against her. Though she would show him that she would be trustworthy and that she stood with Hoshido. When Azura left Corrin waved and smiled at her while glancing back at Kaze.

Corrin giggled at how Kaze reacted to her comment as she listened to the ninja. "Yeah what I heard is that this city is a neutral territory even though we are at war there is not to be any fighting here. So I think it allows us some time to just relax a bit you know Kaze? We have been fighting so much already which ...I wish we didn't have to you know?" She commented glancing at Kaze out of the corner of her eye. She continued to listen to him nodding gently giving a gentle giggle, "Yeah I think so, I mean if you really want to protect me it would be right here. I..." Corren looks down a bit, "...I wanted to say sorry for yelling for you that one day while we were in the forest. That was completely foolish of me Kaze, I knew you were making sure things were okay and busy with it and I kept calling out to you." She said quickly though when she heard Kaze ask a question she looked embarrassed though she coughed quickly. "I...I was wondering what there was to do around here? I ...haven't been out of the fortress were King Garon had me imprisoned Kaze. If you have any information and able to use it I am your guest tonight." She said smiling nervously looking up at the Sky seeing it change hues as the day shifts to night.

Back
Top Bottom