Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Image Uploading Sites

PhoenixRising82

“Ours is the Magic. Ours is the Power.”
Since getting back into the game, I have noticed that most of the image upload sites have changed or still suck.​

Any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration. They will also be highly appreciated.

Not looking for anything grand. I’m just going to be uploading pictures I might use in my RP’s, to put them all into one place so that they are easily found. I would like them to be easy to navigate and use though.

One of the ones I didn't really have any issues with was imgur.com. Pretty basic layout, but you can do what you need.

Imgur is the standard though I can't vouch for its ability to sort and find things.

What I personally do is create a private discord server for only myself and then just upload the images to different channels based on what I need them for there.

Imgur seems to be a little chaotic but might be ok as a last resort. I also do not have discord.

I would definitely prefer something a little more uniform that I can sort images into files according to who they are. Like Photobucket was before they did whatever they did and made it so that my old account can’t be used anymore or that’s how it appears. That was quite the surprise.

Do the url links from “open original” image pages from discord actually work on a long term basis as long as you keep the image in Discord?

Yes as far as I'm aware discord never deletes the images due to time, so if you have them uploaded on a personal server it's easy to keep them organized and accessible only to you.

But when I post links to other people from Discord, like this:
Image of everything I love. (I'm a huge nerd, sue me.) edit: it’s SFW and adorable.

Will that link be valid and unbroken as long as the image is server side? or is it only visible to me?

It will be visible to others as long as the image is on the server.

First, I used Photobucket. Then they went down the toilet. So I moved to Imgur when I frequented specialized fandom/original proboards and jcink forums.

Then Imgur ws like "Stop uploading images just to use direct link to these other websites!!!"

So, I found an alternative, NickPic. Haven't had any issues with them yet except once when their servers started screwing up for like two whole days.

Glad I decided not to go with Imgur, since that’s what I’d be using it for. Ha! I will have to check NickPic out. Thank you for the suggestion.

@SnowCode Yeah I’m not a fan of having to scramble to find alternatives. I’m pissed at Photobucket for what they did. I loved it when they first started. It was so easy to use and then they just went to shit.

Back
Top Bottom