Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any πšπš‘πšŽ (πšžπš—)πšžπšœπšžπšŠπš• πšœπšžπšœπš™πšŽπšŒπšπšœ - πšœπš‘πš’πšŸπšŠ'𝚜 πšœπšŽπšŠπš›πšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πš’πš—πšπš›πš’πšπšžπš’πš—πš + πš πšŽπš•πš•-πšπšŽπšŸπšŽπš•πš˜πš™πšŽπš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšŽπš›πšœ

Shiva the Cat

the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Welcome!
to Shiva's Character Matchmaking Service
Building plots since 2019

Got a character, but need to find a story to drop them into? You've come to the right place!
Looking for plots you can build a character for? You're gonna want to head over to the Plot Thread

Current Status: Probably should be promoting this thread more than the other one since I'm feeling more vibe-y than plot-y πŸ˜… Let's do some adventure shit though, I want our characters to get up to some interesting shenanigans (and maybe get 🌢-y on the side)
About Me
Greetings and salutations! I'm Shiva, just your average wine-guzzling, trash-reading, wannabe-writer tech worker who fulfills her creative needs with RP. I like to think of this site as a gym for my writing skills, meaning I try to get out a post at least once a week, and if I'm extra productive I might get you one post per day (posting speed not guaranteed). For the stalking-inclined among you, feel free to check on my post history to get a feel for my posting length and style. For everyone else, here's the basics:

1. I write in third person only (helps me bring in multiple characters)
2. I always try to shoot for 3-5 paragraphs, but I can be a verbose motherfucker and I will not be held accountable if things get long
3. My primary characters will always be female (side characters may be any gender)

My goal with this thread is to find partners interested in taking some well-formed characters and seeing what happens when we throw them together. More specific setups and settings can be discussed on a case-by-case basis, but I'd rather build something based off a specific character's backstory and personality rather than trying to shoehorn people into a predetermined setup. Plots can be any proportion of smut to story, but bear in mind I'm ideally looking for something long-term and medium- to large-scale as far as worldbuilding goes. I also need a partner who can go 50-50 on development ideas. I don't want to have to carry the story all on my own, but I definitely want to contribute my own ideas!

If any of the above appeals to you, read on to send me a message!

Requesting an RP

1. Please read and follow The Rules.
By messaging me, you acknowledge you have read The Rules. Violation of The Rules may result in an 87 Bitcoin fine, to be paid in white wine or rosΓ©.

2. In your introductory message, tell me about the character(s) you want to play. All genders, races, species, and creatures are welcome, and the more descriptive of their looks, background, and personality, the better! Also, be sure to check the Most Wanted and Blacklist sections below to get some idea of characters I'd love to play against, and those I'd like to boot off a cliff :heart:
Side note: Faceclaims are fine if you want to use them, but if you send me a picture of a random-ass celebrity and say "I want to play this person" with absolutely no further character development, that's gonna be a No from me dawg.

3. Optional: Select one or more of My Character Concepts you'd be interested in playing against, or if you're feeling lucky just let me know and I'll pitch a random one to you in response. Note that I'm willing to play up to three characters simultaneously, however I am not interested in doing any kind of harem play (love polygons are a different story, let's chat about that if you're interested!). I expect my partner to play at least one character for each one that I control on my end.

4. Optional: Send me a sample of your writing. While this isn't a requirement, it does help me figure out whether or not we'd be a good match, and if I have to choose between a partner who gives me a sample and one who doesn't, I'll almost always go with the former. If you're too shy to show me what you can do, you're probably too shy for me to work with.

The Rules
-Be Nice. Be Chill. RP is a hobby for me, not my life. I'll do my best to let you know if there's going to be an extended absence, but shit happens. If you can't post for a while, for any reason, that's totally fine. I will NEVER hassle you about responding, and all I ask is that you return the favor.
-Please check my Flist and respect my limits. I should clarify that absolutely nothing on this list is required, however if I have it as a No, that definitely means No (and Maybe means we need to discuss things first). Fave and Yes are 100% fair game if you want to include them!
-RPs will be conducted on-site only. Threads are preferred, but PMs are fine too. No messenger or email RPs at this time.

Shiva's Most Wanted
These are the high-level character ideas I am dying to play against. Unless otherwise stated, these characters can be any gender, race, age (18+), or appearance. You're still welcome to pitch me characters that don't match the below descriptions (or only match partially), these are just a few vague ideas to give you an example of my taste!

The Beast (On The Outside)
Settings: Traditional Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Realistic?, Sci-Fi
The Beast is a huge, frightening looking creature, perhaps the hired muscle for a gang, or a monster living in isolation in the wilds. They might look terrifying on the outside, but the inside is a completely different story. They're actually quite intelligent, though they might not have the ability to show it in a traditional sense, and if they do have beastly instincts, their higher sense of morality is constantly fighting to keep them in check. They long to have a higher purpose, whether that's living among more civilized society, or just being seen as more than a dumb brute. When push comes to shove though, they definitely excel in fighting and physical prowess, which is usually why others seek them out.

The Drifter
Settings: Any
A long time ago, The Drifter did something bad. Real bad. So bad that despite being blessed with a great talent, they're no longer able to live among civilized people without being hunted down like an animal. Now they wander from place to place, avoiding their pursuers and just trying to stay alive.

Better Than The Boys - Female Character Preferred
Settings: Traditional Fantasy, Historical

She lives in a society where women are seen as second-class citizens, and her parents never thought she'd amount to much more than being some man's wife and mother of his children. But she always wanted more than that, and after realizing she had a certain skill that none of the other girls possessed, she threw all her energy into proving to the world that she was the best. Now she's ranked as one of the top people in her field, but there are always others looking to demean her and drag her down to what they feel is a woman's level. Still, she's strong enough to stick it out, and she won't rest until she's finally accepted for who she is.

The Royal, Up Against The Wall
Settings: Traditional Fantasy, Sci-Fi?
The Royal leads a small, scrappy nation, surrounded on all sides by enemies. Still, thanks to a strong military, or perhaps a valuable export, they've managed to maintain their country's independence despite growing threats from the outside. But the balance can't be maintained forever, and eventually the Royal is going to have to figure out a plan secure their country's place in the world, be it through diplomacy, trade, or war.

The Not-Quite-Made Man - Male Character Preferred
Settings: Historical (19th-20th century), Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy?

He's a criminal, but he's just getting started. Maybe he's a petty thief, a con man, a getaway driver, or just some muscle needing a quick buck. Either way, he's gotten himself involved in a larger criminal enterprise, and while he might be ambitious to move up, for now he's still at the bottom, taking orders from local crooks and trying to stay one step ahead of the law.

The Outlander
Settings: Traditional Fantasy, Historical, Sci-Fi?
The Outlander comes from a society considered primitive by much of the "civilized" world, but they may be sophisticated in their own way. Either because of a catastrophe or their own curiosity, there comes a day when The Outlander leaves their homeland behind and ventures into the wider world, perhaps seeking adventure, or perhaps something more dire. They don't quite fit in among the people they meet along the way, but they cannot return home until their goal is accomplished.

The Treasure Hunter
Settings: Traditional Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Historical?, Modern?
The Treasure Hunter has one goal: find the rarest items in the world, no matter how far they need to go or what obstacles they need to remove. They might sell the treasure at a hefty profit, or just see that its placed into secure hands. Their reputation is vast, though not necessarily glowling. Still, if you need to get a hold of a rare artifact or a valuable commodity, you can't do better than The Treasure Hunter.
The Blacklist
These are the characters I absolutely do NOT want to play with. If I determine that your character falls into one of these categories, I'm gonna have to decline your offer.

The Passive Victim
This character usually identifies as a sub, and wants nothing more to be completely dominated by someone else. While I totally respect the desire, it's not my bag. I'm not interested in coming up with things to do to your character while you send me nothing but reactive posts, so if that's a must-have for you, please look elsewhere.

If your character is just shy, or a virgin, or just not a sexually aggressive person, that's totally different and 100% fine! Just be ready to contribute to the story and have your character take some kind of action along the way.

The Asshole Dom

I don't mind assholes if there's a good reason for them to be an asshole, but if you're a dom who shows up, wants to put my character "in her place," and just generally be abusive/humiliating for no purpose other than it turns you on, please move along.

If you have an honest-to-god reason why your character has to be dominant, that's another story. I'd love to hear about why your character needs to be totally in control of a situation and/or relationship. Just don't expect my character to be very submissive in response!

The Mary Sue/Marty Stu

If your character is really, really ridiculously good looking, AND insanely rich, AND has a super badass and/or glamorous job, AND they have a ton of awesome skills, AND everyone and their brother wants to fuck them, please cross off at least four of those things before reaching out to me.

If I'm given a choice between a deeply flawed character or a perfect one, I'm taking the fuckup every time.

The Angsty Jeff

On the flip side, if your character is hated by everyone in the world, AND has a troubled past, yet is still good-looking and/or super skilled and/or hates themselves for no discernible reason, that's no bueno either. I need a reason to like your character if we're going to keep things moving.

I should clarify that evil characters are absolutely welcome. I just prefer the affably evil types to Sir DarkLord McDarkerson.

The Demigod

Nothing annoys me more than coming up with a challenging plot twist, only for my partner to solve the problem in a single post thanks to bullshit powers or their character's own inexplicable genius. No one enjoys watching other person win every single fucking time, and if you have to sacrifice your ego to draw things out a little bit, so be it.

Literal demigod characters are fine as long as they don't engage in any of the above behavior.

The Faceless

Please don't come to me with a half-assed character who has no background, no goals, no social connections, and no personality. More than anything I want to believe your character is a real person, and I don't want to have to come up with everything for you (if I did, I would be working on writing an actual story, and not killing time on BMR).

I'm always happy to bat around ideas or workshop characters you're not sure of, but please don't ask me to play against a character that's nothing more than a name and a picture.
Shiva's Character Concepts
Divided into Genre for your convenience. This list is NOT exhaustive and may have new additions in the future. While all characters are female, age, race, and appearance are all negotiable. Unless otherwise stated, all characters can be played against any gender.

Traditional Fantasy Characters

The Outlander
The Outlander comes from a society considered primitive by much of the "civilized" world, but she may be sophisticated in her own way. Either because of a catastrophe or her own curiosity, there comes a day when The Outlander leaves her homeland behind and ventures into the wider world, perhaps seeking adventure, or perhaps something more dire. She doesn't quite fit in among the people she meets along the way, but she cannot return home until her goal is accomplished.

The (Warrior) Princess
She comes from a society where its commonplace for women to carry weapons, and as a daughter of the kingdom's leader she is one of the most fearsome fighters at his disposal. But where she excels in combat, she absolutely runs aground in more social and intellectual pursuits. Still, she cares deeply for her people, and if she needs to protect them from a ballroom or audience chamber instead of a battlefield, she'll do her best or die trying.

The (Scholar) Princess
She's lived a sheltered life, but when your father is the king of a wealthy nation the one thing you don't lack is education. A naturally studious and curious person, The Princess has spent nearly her entire life in the palace library, learning all she can about the places she's never seen. When circumstances finally force her out into the wide world, she has to rely on her wits and memorized facts to get by.
Modern Fantasy Characters

The Vampire - This is a lesbian character
She was once a member of the Hoçak tribe, but turned by a Jesuit priest in the early 1600s. As the centuries passed, she watched her people wither and die, while strangers from across the sea slowly invade and take over the land she loved. At first she did her best to fight back, but after one too many close scraps, she's now content to live in the shadows, avoiding hunters and higher-ranking vampires looking to play politics. Rather than hunting humans and leaving a pile of bodies in her wake, she prefers to take Acolytes: humans who know her secret and give their blood willingly in exchange for protection...or pleasure. Not trusting men, the Vampire strictly takes female Acolytes under her wing, but is careful not to get too close. After all, it's hard to watch a loved one die...

The Witch - This is a straight character
She's the eldest daughter in a family of powerful witches, but make no mistake--she's definitely the weakest of the bunch. Despite being tutored by some of the strongest magic-users in the world, at the end of the day she's only got two main powers: she can fix any piece of broken machinery with just a touch (machinery, not an electronic. Computers are a mystery to her) and can make slight alterations to her appearance. That's okay though, she's managed to land a job as a mechanic at a small-town auto shop, and she's doing pretty well for herself. If only the supernatural world would leave her in peace, she might be able to live a normal life (which is about as likely as a black cat is lucky).

The Werewolf - This is a straight character
She's the runt of the litter, and one of the smallest members of the pack both in human and wolf form. At first, she didn't mind. After all, she had two parents, plenty of aunts and uncles, and more than a dozen siblings to protect her. But Lycans live violent lives, and thanks to the efforts of hunters, rival packs, and individual ambition, she is now the last of her pack. She could of course join another, but as an unmated (and virginal) female, she would be the omega of the hierarchy. And if she wants to lead her own pack, she's going to need a mate. But werewolves mate for life, and if she isn't careful, she could end up choosing the wrong male to lead her pack and father her children. What's a girl to do?
Historical Characters

The Frontier Doctor
There was a panic in the fledgling town when the last doctor was shot by a drunken outlaw, but it wasn't long before they got word a new one would be coming soon. What they didn't expect was that the new physician would be a woman, fresh from college and a few years of practice back east. Although beggars can't be choosers, there were few willing to pay a visit to a lady doctor, and would just as soon try their luck with a nearby medicine man or a drunken barber. Still, the doctor is determined to do all she can to keep her neighbors alive, despite outbreaks, outlaws, and good old-fashined sexism.

The Entertainer - Available for any time period
She rose out of obscurity, the fatherless child of a whore with nothing to her name but a pretty face. Despite the darkness of her early years, she found joy in the songs and stories passed on by those around her, and by the time she grew up she knew she wanted use those distractions to bring a little light to the people around her. She might be a singer, an actress, a storyteller, a musician, or some combination of these, but above all else she is a wanderer, wanting nothing for herself but the smiles and cheers of her audience.
Sci-Fi Characters

The Archaeologist - Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, best used in a 1920s-30s setting
First a student, then a professor at Miskatonic University, The Archaeologist has long been fascinated by the weird and occult, ever since her brother disappeared under mysterious circumstances while researching The Great Old Ones. If the University isn't interested in funding her far-flung expeditions or questionable research, she's perfectly willing to dip into her own extensive funds, or partner with any supportive patron with cash of their own. One of these days though, she's going to end up partnering with the wrong person, or worse: start learning the wrong truths.

The Bounty Hunter
Once upon a time, a mad scientist fell in love with his own daughter, who luckily died before her father could act on his perversions. Not to be discouraged, the scientist simply cloned his daughter's brain and implanted it into an android body that looked exactly the way she did when she passed away at the age of eighteen. But as fate would have it, building a body and cloning a brain does not a willing victim make, and although the scientist did eventually get to consummate his sinful desire, the powerful arms he'd given his creation easily throttled him in the throes of passion. And so the android was turned loose, wandering from planet to planet after stealing a small spacecraft, sating her occasionally murderous whims by taking up bounty hunting. Granted, her rather chaotic nature and short temper prevented her from being the best hunter in the galaxy, but she's certainly not the worst either. She just needs to make sure she behaves well enough to stay on the right side of the reward money, which seems like the biggest challenge of all.
Fandoms and Real PeopleTM​
I don't play Real PeopleTM​. End of story. If you want to use a Real PersonTM​ as a faceclaim, that's fine, but please don't ask me to play anyone who really exists. It just squicks me out.

I also don't really do fandoms, but I'll make an exception for anything Tolkien-related (Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, etc.). If that's something you'd be interested in, I'd love to play against:
-An elf (any clan)
-A NΓΊmenΓ³rean
-One of the Rohirrim
-A Beorning
-A dwarf
-An orc

I myself would be willing to play:
-A NΓΊmenΓ³rean
-One of the Moriquendi
-A hobbit
-A dwarf
-A Northwoman
-A female Beorning

I've also been playing a lot of FE3H lately, so if that floats your boat I might be willing to entertain that thought as well. Let me know what character(s) you'd want to play, and who you'd want me to play, and we can discuss.

NamastΓ© y'all!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, kind of forgot about this thread, but it perfectly fits my needs at the moment!

ThYDXyX.gif

How come no one ever uses vintage photos as faceclaims? Is it the whole "Oh, this person is definitely dead now" thing? Because I tell ya, I'd love to use my girl Marian Marsh here as inspiration for something.

7f88af450360bf346081b3f7afcc3179.jpg

Or maybe I just need to turn off the TCM and do something productive with my life.

Back
Top Bottom