Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What makes you most interested in a story?

What makes you most interested in a roleplay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just me, but I’m a character driven sort of guy. To me, that’s the most important part of stories I enjoy. I can tolerate bad plots or shaky worlds if the characters within that world are compelling.

That said, I think setting/world would be a good thing to add to the poll. I know there are people who prioritize that.

Wordsmiths.

When I see someone that shows personality and wit in their writing, it instantly grabs my attention. A good report in the brainstorming session does also add a lot of flavour to the meal that is the role-playing experience too, which harkens back to the personality and character in writing point too. Not only that, but having a well-described (and I mean WELL-DESCRIBED, and not a character with a long description) that has thoughts, emotions, agency, and actions that feel like they are written by someone that can convey all of that to the reader and not feel like something is missing or left out makes wonders to my excitement when reading paragraphs of text.

Those are my 2 cents.

It all comes down to characters for me. Give me a great, compelling character and I'll happily read about them shopping for groceries. A boring character can punch skyscrapers and go on unimaginable adventures, and I may not care.

It's a tie between the writing style and character(s). If my partner's writing style is something I can just fall into, read and read and read, paint the world in my head, I'm just about always hooked. Great characters too, because I love character interaction, having someone interesting, multifaceted, and well-played, that I feel the need to get to know better, and sink teeth/claws into.

Another thing I'll mention is the RP's setting. I don't do very well with settings that are small, or limited. I manipulate the world a fair amount for character development, and use it to shape the hoops and twists I throw in the plot. Very specific, mundane, closed-off types are hard for me to expand in. I need that creative room. :giggle:

Character development and interactions (which comes with a PLOT), for sure, but I need it to be readable style and spelling wise

Characters and Writing style for the win! Though probably need a good writing style to accompany a good character. The character is good but then the writing is poor, I can't enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom