Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

No More Pencils; No More Books | Chokuro and Seythe

Chokuro

Pulsar
Senior year. Supposedly, this is the year where everything is going to be the best. The last year of high school, on the way to college, and all will be well, right? Not in the case of Garnet Serenia. The seventeen year oldâ??s life seemed to crash just before the new year. Her friends turned on her. Suddenly, no one wanted to be friends with the pretty little girl. She used to be quite overweight, but over the summer, she had started to eat right and exercise, so now, she is gorgeous. Her long hair dyed a nice shade of dark red with purple beneath, showing her unique side, while the rest of her body was now very toned. Her hourglass figure looks beautiful in anything she put herself into, and the emerald eyes that the girl always had are all the more noticeable with the hints of mascara and eyeliner she wears recently. Needless to say, her friends did not like the competition. They turned on her fast. Instead of being happy for her, they pretty much got everyone in the whole school to hate her. Rumors of her being promiscuous flooded many studentsâ?? ears, then there were ones telling how much of a â??bitchâ? she was to everyone that once she got thin, she ditched her friends, and the rumors only became worse and worse as time passed. The worst part? Not one was close to the truth. The girl was still very much a virgin, so there was no way she could do anything the girls said she had.

No one believed her. Now, Senior year was here, and the red haired female had to suck up her pride and go to school for a year of hell. She was singled out easily, anyone she passed in the halls giving her dirty looks or laughing, making jokes, and she could not run fast enough to her first class. She tried to make it look like what they said did not faze her, but how could she not? The summer had been horrible and so many things happened that she did not want to even be here, but she was anyway. Heading into the classroom, she found her little niche in the corner of the room. Sitting down, she placed her bookbag in front of her, taking out her sketchbook and silently beginning to draw, something she found easily soothed her emotions. The heels of her converse shoes rested at the edge of the chair, simple blue jeans to her hips, while a v-neck tee shirt hugged her torso. She kept her green eyes to the paper in front of her, not wanting to even look up for the slightest of noises. She would just be in her own little world until classes started up. That was her safest bet.

[[Forgive my tardiness. Life called.]]

It was ten minutes until the hour, when class would start.

A pudgy pale hand slammed down on the table before Garnet, making her bounce in her seat from the force. "Hey, slut." A female voice boomed over her. She was surrounded, sitting in the corner. Three ugly, and very angry, girls looked down. They shot daggers out of their eyes at her. More jealous students. More radical then most of the ones she had been used to dealing with.
"What the hell are you drawing in that stupid book?" Another said, grinning. She reached down to grab at the top of the book, pulling hard on it trying to pry it from her grip. "Show me!" She growled. The other two cheered her on, pushing at Garnet's shoulders forcefully in trying to let her go.

The teacher entered the room early ahead of class, a book bag on his hip and a pair of glasses on the bridge of his nose. Professor Donovan Goro. He came across the front of the class and set down his bag, pulling out a notebook computer and opening it up, he straightened out his light blue button up shirt and dress pants as it booted up. Only then did he look up. He had a head of medium length blond hair, with bangs coming heavily over his calm blue-purple eyes. He noticed the whole lot of the class's attention upon the corner where Garnet was being bullied.

He said nothing as he came about the front desk, crossing his arms he approached the group. The three troublemakers took no notice. Determined to pry the book from the girl's hands.

Garnet had not been paying attention and she really should have. Otherwise, the hand smashing onto the desk in front of her would not have had her heart jump into her throat with a gasp to her lungs. Her emerald eyes shot open wide as she lifted her head to see the trio around her. Her knees pulled closed to her chest and her arms wrapped tightly around the book in front of her, hugging it to her torso, not wanting them to see. She knew her work was good. She had gotten pictures in art shows numerous times, and that was the issue. She did not want them to ruin what she was working on. It was nothing spectacular to anyone else but her. The picture was of a man sitting at the top of a cliff. One knee to his chest, only a pair of pants hugging his hips with short, messy dark locks, and to top it all off, simple dragonfly wings protruding from his back. It was only half finished, but the picture was pretty much there. She had just been working on the details of his face when the girls came up.

When one of the girls pinched her arm, that was when she released the book enough for them to grab it. She gasped, leaping to her feet, standing at her full five foot seven height and she stared down at the shorter females. â??Give it back ... Please...â? She said, looking so very pathetic as she stared at the head girl who looked like she was ready to ruin the hard work the redhead put into her art.

"Yeah right you stupid--." The aggressive girl was cut off by a hand over her shoulder, taking the sketch book from her grasp. Professor Goro stood behind the trio with a calm, dissapointed look on his face. He lowered the book to his waist, taking care not to view her private work.
"Girls, would you please take your seats?" He addressed them all, but had a look of contempt for the three that had assaulted poor Garnet. He remembered her name, lovely girl... "I would also like to see all of you after class." He once again talked to all of them, smiling softly at Garnet. "all of you." He reaffirmed. Against the sour looks of the three girls he turned about to the front of the class. He plugged his laptop into the projector, taking one last look at the angry girls before looking down at the screen.

The bell rang, marking the beginning of the period. On cue, he turned on the projector. Various terms on their lesson for the day came up on the screen hanging before the wall. He began to lecture with the eloquence of an experienced teacher. In reality, he'd only been at the job for a year, but he had a knack for speaking publicly.

Garnet took in a deep breath when the man came. Phew. At least her book was safe. She watched the man, listening to his words and she did not really like that. She wanted to get her book back. She had not drawn in the middle of class or anything of that sort, so why couldnâ??t she get her sketch book back? She chewed her bottom lip, about to ask before she sighed. He should give the book back after class, right? Slowly, she sat down, ignoring the glares the women were giving her. She hugged her form tightly for a while before pulling out her notebook. Flipping it open, she moved to a clean page, silently jotting down the notes that were projected onto the screen in front of the class. Her emerald eyes every so often flicked to the teacher. She had always found him attractive, but who didnâ??t? He was new and definitely a good teacher â?? two perks instantly. She pried her eyes away, staring at the screen once more and her eyes were sure to keep to the screen and her paper only.

Soon enough, the bell rang to sound the end of class and she sighed softly. She needed her sketchbook back. What else would she do during dinner? She put her books into her bag, slinging it over her shoulder once again and she stood up. Brushing off her rump, silently the redhead walked down and to the teacherâ??s desk. Arms folded over her lower torso and she waited for the man to acknowledge her, impatiently just wanting her book back. He said â??Allâ? of them, so she presumed the â??allâ? included her as well, especially in the way he said the word. She chewed her bottom lip, slowly lifting her eye to the man and she gave him a weak little smile.

His eyes came up to look at her every so often, their gazes even coming into contact from time to time through his lecture. He stalked back and forth across the class fluidly as he explained all the terminology they would need to know for their upcoming midterm. The final slide came and went and he spread his arms imploringly, "Questions?" No one answered his inquiry and he smiled calmly, and the bell rang. Next period. "You're excused! Don't forget to figure out a topic for your first paper of the semester!" He called out.

One of Garnet's assailants got up to storm out, visciously glaring at the red-headed girl before attempting to exit.
"Alice." Mr. Goro took a firm but calm hold upon her wrist, stopping her, "just a quick word and you'll be off on your way."
The angry girl harumphed and backed into the classroom, sitting a wide rump upon one of the desks.
The teacher returned to the front desk, picking up the closed sketch book and weighing it in his hand, regarding it with a calm expression. "Privacy..." He bounced it lightly in his palm, ignoring the girls quizzical looks. "It's something we all value, and quite frankly you three." His gaze came up from the object to the three, he shook his head and put on a look of contempt, "I'm sorely dissapointed with your respect for such an important trait. No matter what you think of Ms. Serenia." He tossed the sketch book back to the girl, smiling reassuringly at her. "Learn to control your anger ladies, and learn some respect. We'll all get along nicely then."

The three girls rolled their eyes simultaneously and stormed out, avoiding eye contact with either of the room's two remaining occupants. Professor Goro regarded Garnet with a continuing smile, moving the curly blond bangs from his eyes, "Don't hesitate to tell me if they give you anymore trouble Ms. Serenia, we are here to learn." He began to pack up his laptop.

Keeping her gaze to her feet, she waited for the girls to leave. She did not want to see the looks they were bound to be giving her. She soon took in a deep breath, lifting her eyes to the smiling teacher and she sighed lightly. A weak smile traced along her lips and she just barely had been able to catch the book when it was thrown at her. She hugged the book to her chest while her eye stayed to the man. â??Thank you, Professor Goro.â? She said, giving a gentle bow of her form. She had begun to move to the exit before she turned to look at him, blinking her long lashes a few times as she did so. She smiled. He at least was concerned about her. She nodded. â??I will.â? With that, she began to walk forward, planning to leave and she was a little happier.

Stopping at the doorway, she turned to look at him, chewing her bottom lip softly as she took a few steps toward him. â??Uhm ... Can you give me some suggestions for the paper, please? I am not sure what I wish to do.â? She stated, hugging the sketchbook tighter as she took a few more steps closer to him.

He took no surprise at her last minute request before leaving. "Suggestions, hm? There's plenty in your textbook..." he closed the computer with a click, loading it into his book bag neatly. "Though I'd best be realistic about that, it is rather thick. Do any students read it? Rhetorical question, I don't want to know." he chuckled, clearing his throat. "English is a wide-spread subject. But truly I just want to see writing and reading strategies in work throughout your paper. Topic takes backseat, really." He came about the desk, propping up his bag upon his side, adjusting his glasses thoughtfully, his eyes looked up to the ceiling. "Love's always an interesting, albeit complicated topic." He threw it out at her testingly.

His eyes came to her, squinting slightly in interest. Garnet was something else... So detached from the student body... Yet that student body...

[ -giggle- Your last line amuses me <3 ]

Garnet looked up at the man, listening to the blonde intently. She realized half of her issue was that there was such a large range she could choose from. She did not know what to pick from, so she was hoping for a suggestion, a direction, form her teacher. Her emerald eyes innocently looked up into his and her grip upon the book kept tight as she thought for a while. Lightly chewing on her bottom lip, his last comment got her to tilt his head slightly. Thinking. Love? That was definitely a wide ranged, debated, topic.

Suddenly, her eyes got quite the sparkle in them and she gasped softly, bouncing on the balls of her feet before she smiled. â??How about I do Shakespeareâ??s point of view on love? Comparing Romeo and Juliet to something like Othello ... and some of his sonnets...â? She giggled softly, happy. She was excited now that she had a direction she would be taking her paper in. She clapped her hands together before sliding her book into her bag and she took in a deep breath, calming her excitement for the moment. â??Thank you Professor Goro. I just needed a spark I suppose.â? She gave him a little wave before turning on her heel and beginning to make her way out of the room, already beginning to think about what her paper would be.

[[We're here to be amused, right? Heh.]]

His eyes brightened at her suggestion, though it couldn't have surprised him much. Garnet was an intelligent beautiful girl... She had a lot of potential to do whatever she liked.

Oh how I'd love to wreck that bitch's body. The teacher frowned at the thought, no... That's not a becoming thought... And yet...

"Ms. Serenia." He called after her as she crossed the threshold of the doorway once again. Reaching out, and faltering for a moment. He looked at her as she turned around to heed him, "Ah. Would you like to have lunch with me?" He asked, picking up his bag and pulling the strap over his shoulder. He walked towards her, smiling easily.

The smile lied of his true inner demon... How would she react when he let it out?

With her name being called, she turned to look at him, long lashes batting against her cheeks as she stared at the teacher. Her eyes stayed with his form while he suggested going to lunch with her. Now, she did not think herself naïve. She was not. She knew the inner workings of menâ??s minds and that there were those that would suggest something like that just to get â??closerâ? to their student. There were some teachers who tried to do that, too. Thing being, she did not see Professor Goro as someone who would do that. In her mind, she was positive he was inviting her purely to discuss her essay and well, possibly so that she would not have to deal with those girls again.

A warm smile moved her lips into a pleasant curve. â??I would love to.â? She said, glancing to the clock and gasping. â??Shoot! Iâ??m going to be late. Uhm ... I will see you at lunch, Professor.â? She called to him before she was off down the hall, jogging away to try and get to her next class before the late bell rang. Sure, she could have just asked Professor Goro for a pass, but she did not want to bother the teacher any longer than she had.

The next few classes of the day went by just as well as her English class had. There were girls constantly trying to torture her, a few male students who gave into the femaleâ??s who would tease her about her sexuality, then the teachers always having to come to her rescue. She was constantly exhausted by the end of the day, but luckily, she would not have to run away during lunch. Well, not run to her normal place outside under a tree, but this time she had some place to go to where she was sure no one would bother her.

She left her last class before lunch, waving to the art teacher before she realized she did not much know where Professor Goro had lunch. Some had them in the staff room with the rest of the teachers, while others took their lunches back to their room, and well, who knew what else? Oh. She should have waited for the details. She chewed her bottom lip, deciding to go see if he was in his room before anything else. So, onward down the hall she went to go back to his room. She was a bit excited. She was positive that the man only wanted to meet because of the essay and maybe because of the girls that picked on her, but she was happy nonetheless. Eating lunch with one of the most attractive teachers at the school? That definitely was a plus to her day.

A car engine roared just outside of the classroom window, a red Beamer came about to the parking lot outside. The convertible top was pulled back with Mr. Horo in the driver seat. He had figured she would come back to the class at the lunch hour, he had, after all not told her that he'd be taking her out for lunch. He waved easily at her through the window, beckoning her outside to the car.

The teacher's upper shirt button was undone now, he was off duty... Easy blue-purple eyes regarding her from afar with the disarming smile. Donovan was an easy going man with a darker personality he chose to keep hidden until the exact right moment...

But for now he idled in his sports car, revving the engine in invitation. When she came out he would say to her, "Hop in! I figured we could go out for lunch. Anywhere you like, my favorite student."

Seeing the car outside, the girlâ??s eyes went wide. He was taking her somewhere? Oh, this was not going to bode well. She chewed her bottom lip for a while, making her way out of the school and slowly up to the car. She looked inside, only half listening to what he was saying. She was more so examining the car. She lifted her eyes to the man, blushing even more. â??Oh ... Uhm ... Okay.â? Yep. That was her intelligent reply. Frankly, she was a little worried about getting back for the other classes and everything like that. But, well, it was senior year, right? She was supposed to have fun and be lax.

Placing the bag in his backseat, she slid into the passengerâ??s side with a bit of grace. She buckled up like the good little girl she was, her arms around her lower torso and she looked in front of her before she shrugged. â??Uhm ... Anywhere is fine.â? She said, not really caring right now. Garnet took in a deep breath, closing her eyes as she rested her head against the carseat and she shrugged. â??There is this little café near by.â? She suggested, turning her eyes to the man with a warm smile along her lips. Her heart was going a mile a minute. She was nervous, and fairly sure having lunch with a teacher and skipping school was not good.

He smiled back at her, shifting the car into gear. He could read her thoughts just by looking at her, he looked forward driving out the parking lot at the speed limit. "Relax..." He assured her, moving the blonde bangs from his eyes, "I'll get you back in time for class. Hang on, I think I know the place you're talking about." He kicked the thing into high gear as they left campus, headed in the way of a popular cafe he often went to. He drove the car skillfully though at a frightening pace. "You know, I always used to skip school when I was your age. I did okay. Relax a bit." He said, blue-purple eyes scanning her without turning his head through his billowing hair. He accelerated down the street, turning a corner.

They later came to a smooth halt at a cafe, little family owned place. It didn't have many patrons at the moment, though it often did not. "This is a nice place. I come once every so often when I need somewhere quiet." He stopped the engine and vaulted over the driver side door, coming about to open Garnet's side of the door. "Shall we?" He asked, looking down upon her with a soft smile.

Garnet gasped, her hand gripping the seat beneath her and her eyes staring out in front of her while they moved down the road at such a high speed. Her breath literally was caught in her throat until the car came to a stop. She did not want to be late, sure, but she did not want him to speed. She was a little shaky by the time the car stopped. Her hand lifted, pushing through her dark red locks, and seeing the man beside her with the door open. A warm smile was slightly forced to her lips as she nodded. â??Um... Yea...â? was all she could muster.

Stepping out of the car, she brushed off her rump, straightened out the front of her tee shirt and began to walk into the café. Looking around, she smiled warmly. It was cute. She headed inside, waiting to be seated or ... the hostess to show up. Something. She was actually beginning to get quite hungry.

Professor Horo passed right by his student, ignoring the "Please Wait to be Seated" sign, deciding to take their own table. "Come, Garnet." The two sat down and talked of the girl's project, nothing especially important or interesting... They ate through their food amidst the light-hearted conversation, the teacher put in an intelligent, charming quip here and there. He could see her becoming more and more attached to him. She would be so confused when he would change on her...

He laughed a loud at a previous topic of conversation about her life outside of school when his expression went slightly more serious. "Tell me, Ms. Serenia, do you know why the other girls seem to dislike you? The student body is so cruel..." He laid his chin in his hand upon the table, regarding her with interest, "Such a pretty girl should be quite popular. Troubled past?"

[[Sorry for the lame posts. Not much for small stuff. I'm not accustomed to being the creepy, cunning type. Trying to think how we'll descend into perversion.]]

[[ Nuu! Donâ??t be creepy. GO for romantic! And cute ... and her knight in shining armor? XD ]]

Surprisingly, Garnet was only a little uncomfortable for a few minutes until they started talking about the essay and her life and everything of that sort. She was happy to break the ice a bit. Talking about the essay was what had done it. She was not too sure about why, but she wound up telling him how her friends had all turned on her and about why she just seemed so abandoned and confused about the abruptness. She knew, after a little while of thinking, she did. She figured out why was because they thought she was too pretty to hang out with and so they turned the whole school on her. She came to terms with her fate.

Perking up, she looked over at the other, blinking a few times as she did so. â??Oh ... Thatâ??s why, actually. I got pretty ... and they did not like me anymore.â? She shrugged nonchalantly, finished with her sandwich by now as she settled against her chest. Her right hand rubbed at her wrist, trying to rub away the scars from before. She turned her head to the side, looking out the window, and then she turned back to look at him with a warm smile. â??My past ... um ... itâ??s not that interesting.â? She stated, chewing her bottom lip and she then took her soda toward her, sipping the liquid silently.

[[Oh? Well that's not much fun! No problems, then? Haha.]]

He smiled a little wider at her calling herself pretty, so she was aware. "That's a shame. Then they are all just intimidated. You should feel righteous about that. Make your own new friends." He ate the last bit of his sandwich, digging into his pocket and putting down a twenty for the waiter to pick up. "Most people have an interesting past, you mustn't be so modest." He prodded her, chuckling a bit. "Though, I won't pry. That's your own business." He nodded up at the waiter at being asked if they were done, giving him the twenty and telling him to keep the change for the tip.

Poor girl... So pretty, and she would be gone by the end of the year. How could he help her? He was just a teacher after all... High Schoolers never took his kind seriously. "I remember my passage through High School. Always ignoring the teachers and finding someone to pick on." He scratched his chin thoughtfully, "You should stand up for yourself, my dear. Break the mold." Donovan laughed some, taking a sip of tea, "And hang out with people your own age."

Garnet shook her head, sighing lightly. She did not know her teacher well enough to tell him about her past. No one needed to know that horrible thing. Besides, she did not like the pity that came along with one finding out about what had happened. She shook her head a little, sighing softly. â??No ... They pretty much have the whole school hating me.â? She sighed heavily, her eyes closing and she toyed with her drink absently. Poking her straw into the ice and she chewed her lip a little more. Friends were not something she needed. She liked someone to talk to, hang out with, but she was okay.

She lifted her eyes to the other, giggling softly. â??No ... I donâ??t like to stir up trouble.â? She shrugged, sighing a moment later. â??I do not need friends, though. I am fine being a loner.â? She pulled the drink to her, sipping the soda and she returned to lying against the chair behind her. Her emerald eyes moved to his and a simple smile traced her lips. â??Um ... Anyway ... Thank you for lunch.â? She said, glancing to the waiter, smiling lightly.

"Nonsense." He replied to her not needing friends, "Friends are those that will stick to you. You simply cannot function without them. My wife is my best friend for life, and I couldn't..." He faltered for a moment, trying to hiding his emotion, "I was very happy." he concluded. "The whole school seems to be acting against you because you don't act for yourself against others. Now, I wouldn't fight people over it..." He hummed thoughtfully, moving the thought of his dead wife from his mind... Long gone memory.

"You're welcome." He replied to her thanks, his tone going from casual to a bit more urgent. "You've only made yourself fine with being a loner!" He crossed his arms, looking stern for the first time, he felt strongly about this, "We'll work at it." He promised.

Garnet listened to the man in silence. Her fingers laced together and she rested her palms upon the table, her back straightening as she listened to him. Wife? She blinked a few times, head tilted to the side. Oh ... he said â??wasâ? she must have lost her. That was so sad. He was so young. Too young to lose someone he loved. She smiled weakly, whispering a soft â??Sorry for your lossâ? before she chewed her bottom lip a little. She did not wish to argue about the fact she did not have friends anymore. She would make some more when she went to college. College would be where she started again. Not in high school. There was not really anything for her here.

She shook her head a little at her thinking, lifting her eyes to look at him and she smiled warmly. â??I know ... I do not like being alone, but I do not really have another choice right now. No one at school likes me because of them.â? She sighed heavily, her eyes closing and she let out a short little laugh. â??I think what entertains me most ... is about the rumors being so very wrong. I barely have been kissed, yet alone anything the others spread about me.â? She laughed again, her eyes opening to look over at the blonde, sighing softly. Yep. She hated that the most.

Donovan looked down, thoroughly discouraged at the girl's neutral attitude. A geek, by any other means. He frowned, "It's a shame, certainly. I suppose everything will be better. Once you leave." He affirmed. "We should go." He said, standing up from the table and walking towards the entrance to his car.

[[Mmm, writer's block. Not really sure where to take this.]]

Garnet shrugged. â??I just ... donâ??t want it to affect me.â? She added softly, her eyes closing for a while as she began to look around, soon perking up with his words. Leave? She nodded and straightened, her arms stretching above her head and she sighed softly. â??Okay.â? She agreed and made her way to the door. Giving a simple wave to the waiter before she blinked a few times at him motioning her toward him. She arched a brow, blushing a moment later when he gave her a kiss on the cheek and his phone number. She laughed nervously, nodding a bit and then she slowly walked over to the professor, smiling even more. â??Well... Maybe I can make other friends.â? She added, the blush still to her cheeks as she walked out of the cafeteria and made her way to the car. She moved into the passengerâ??s seat, resting against the cushion with a heavy sigh. Okay, that was even more of a confidence booster. If she started to hang out with him, she would get more friends â?? right?

Back
Top Bottom