Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bonds Beyond Cards (Razgriz x Princess_Kaylin)

Razgriz

Shall we write beautiful stories together?
Supporter

latest

Before the Cataclysm that split Neo Domino City in two, the entirety of the city was a shining utopia. Efficiency was at its peak, new Dueling technologies were being developed and refined year after year. And just three years before the tragic explosion that rocked the continent and world, the first prototypes of mobile Dueling Platforms - commonly referred to by either "D-Wheelers" or "Duel Runners" by the Duelists that used them now - were being alpha-tested. At the same time, a giant network of elevated roadways was also underdevelopment.

Roads that would rise up and connect out to allow these "Turbo Duels" go unabated without impeding traffic or endangering pedestrians, enabling Duelists to add an entire new dimension to the aspect of Duels.

Naturally, the first models were only available to the elite...And they turned out to be a huge success. So much so that Neo Domino's Board of Dueling Regulations and Customs worked tirelessly to have the Turbo Duels and Platforms authorized as legitimate, marketable items to be used on an international scale.

However...Once the Cataclysm struck, that was put on hold. Even more so when the aftermath revealed that a large chunk of the continent had somehow splintered off and formed its own island...And despite calls to have a bridge built to help those stranded on the now water-bound island, the project was started but never finished.

A decision passed down by the new Director, Rex Godwin. Citing security concerns, he called off the island's reconnection efforts, a decision that was quickly silenced from protest.

Fast-forward five years, and this is where the story begins.

oPNMQkO.jpg

CnsVpsK.jpg

The entirety of the now named "Satellite District" was almost always choked in smog. A by-product from the various mills, garbage disposal plants and recycling centers that were once part of Neo Domino's Industrial Sector, only graced with reprieve by the periodic and strong oceanic winds. Now all of the 'menial labor' was here. Anyone who wanted to work could only do so as anything from a metalworker, garbage collector or recycling facility employee. Class mobility was heavily restricted if not downright impossible, and the meager wages made keeping up with living expenses very difficult.

Because of this, the majority of the youth formed Duel Gangs to try and seize control of territory. An effort that was hampered by the Director's own Public Security Maintenance Bureau, or just affectionately named "Sector Security" by the citizens of the Satellite. A group that was now holding off people from a supply drop overseen by the Satellite Aid Commission, a department that worked to establish regular shipments of basic necessities to the downtrodden citizens. Naturally, the rich rich disapproved, but there were enough kind-hearted people still in the "Tops" that the act of it passed without much resistance.

And from here, there was one Duelist that had been 'in the game' since he was in his pre-teens. Now at 17, Hotsuma Kuroi was on his way back from the said drop; he'd gotten food, clean water and medicine. A heavy black duster covered a simple but ragged grey shirt, navy cargo pants and black combat boots, studded-knuckle biking gloves leaving only his fingers exposed. His hair a mess and his eyes showing a bit of fatigue from having to do so much with so little, much like most residents of the Satellite. He had a real junker of a Runner. Something someone from the Tops had scrapped due to a series of bad parts...But now he had used it to get around and find things that were needed. And it was especially useful for this; he'd always been an odd duck, especially with his latent abilities.

It was one reason why he'd gotten as far as he did...But in truth, he was always scared to even try using them, because people got hurt. Even if it was in self-defense, he wasn't a malicious guy...But because of his deck choice and powers, however unstable they were, he'd gotten a fairly demeaning moniker. The 'Demon of the Satellite'...In truth, he just wanted to be left alone.

At least that was until he met her...It hadn't been easy, but the two had formed an early friendship after discovering they were quite similar in a lot of respects. They'd known each other a few years now, and as it stood? He couldn't imagine being without her; she had a way of brightening up his day. "Finally back...Thought for sure this thing was going to die out before I made it." Hotsuma muttered as he started to gather the items from the side-carriers, the run-down machine giving a few sputters before it finally shut off.

Thankfully he didn't have to walk up any stairs, but this stuff was heavy; he'd gone alone because of their current situation. Plus, with another guest, his friend had decided to stay behind as she was most familiar with the particulars. Opening the door to the little shanty house, he then said as he slipped off his boots, "Ugh...I'm back! It's me, Hotsuma!" he would call out, carefully balancing the things in his hands and arms as he made his way inside.

sfDyQcA.jpg

Last edited:

22287fdd511aa9ce5246893a52983a5a.jpg

Fey took a deep breathe wearing a white dress with a black leather jacket, brown cowgirl boots, and her leg bracers with the charged markers full. She was finishing tightening her ponytail on her long brown hair as she glanced over. "Hotsuma!! Why didn't you ask for help!" She rushed over trying to help carry some of the supplies in. Her brown eyes did a once over as she heard her mother from her corner bed, "Fey let the man be a man..stop hurting his pride." Fey pouted hearing her mother as she walked over checking the oxygen machine, "Yes mom....geez sometimes I wonder if dad and you were made for each other."

The mother glared as she snapped, "DON'T EVER SAY THAT!"

Fey frowned as she went over and started placing food in the fridge. She would glance at Hotsuma s she spoke, "Hey I know you like me staying here and working on the bike...but you could just use supplies from my bike that I had back at the old tournament I worked...it has better parts even if they are flashy."

She paused as she spoke, "Remember when we met two years ago..."

Two Years Prior.​

The smog was settling in as the night grew darker. A woman had a younger girl hanging onto her waist, they were on one of those high class bikes with lights on the side and a holder for a card deck and duel disk. The woman seemed in a rush and they had bags in the passenger car attached to the side. Sirens could be heard in the far distance. The girl's leg braces lit up from the whooshing bike as it turned the corner. A few guys wearing leather stud jackets with skulls paused seeing this rich bike with rather fancy clothes and smirked. The one with the Mohawk slapped another's shoulder as he revved his engine following.

SEvXjsD.png

hqLRpAr.jpg

The woman turned down an alley at a dead end and was coughing up blood. "MOM!" Fey quickly got off the bike checking on her mother. The young 14 year old was trying to aid the older woman as she muttered, "I really messed up your birthday.....your father saw your gift...i..i couldn't let him take you to some lab."

Fey paused as she got her mother the medicine from her bag before pausing hearing the bikes.

" My My My if it isn't the great Gadget...nice to see a ring girl for the tournaments down here with the rest of us....you forgot you need to pay the entry fee to enter."

Fey backed up as her dark magician girl outfit was clearly showing...it seemed as if the mother took her before a job. "Say aren't you suppose to be at some big event.... you must be in a real sticky situation....we can protect you pretty things for a fee..."

Fey tensed up as she saw the men starting to corner them. "Get behind me Fey." The mom stepped in front as she felt her hair get grabbed and started to struggle. The mow hawk leader stepped forward as he raised his hand.

Fey let out a scream charging and kicking the man in the shin before being back handed to the ground. "Take their things....we can use the girl for ransom her dad is rich after all."

One of the men was watching as he had an almost lustful look. "Can we play with..." "NO SHE IS A DAMN MINOR DO YOU WANT TO DIE...HER FATHER IS NOT ONE TO MESS WITH!"

Last edited:

"I know I don't need to use my things...But I feel bad using your stuff. You and your mother have been so kind to me. And my Runner still works..." Barely he added as a mental afterthought, allowing Fey to take some of the items off his hands.

"It's alright, ma'am...I'm happy to have someone around who cares enough to even mention it." he would reply; probably a canned response to her, but just having Fey around was enough for him. "Tell you what though: When that rustbucket finally dies, I'll ask to borrow yours. Deal?" he teased her.

Though when she brought up their past, having finished putting everything away, he placed a hand to his chin, "Yeah....That was a pretty insane night. I'm glad things turned out the way they did...I thought I'd nearly gotten you both killed..."

152525.jpg

ominous-black.jpg

Two years ago, it was unthinkable anyone would dare approach him. He wasn't vicious...He wasn't a gangbanger. He never hurt an innocent soul in his life...At least not intentionally. He had no one, nothing to live for. No one would hire him because of his reputation, and no one would help him either...So sad as it was, he had to resort to thievery to survive.

He didn't ask for these powers...He didn't want them. And more than a couple of times he thought about trying to kill himself to be rid of them. If he couldn't find someone who cared, and he couldn't anyone to care for...What was his purpose? What did he have to offer to the world? To the Satellite?

To himself?

Nothing...And the fact that the streets emptied and cleared as he walked around the city showed as much. He was a freak of nature...An abomination. However, a scream caught his attention, followed by heated shouting. Could he do nothing...Should he do anything? But curiosity drew him closer...And he happened to overhear the conversation about whether to 'play'...A thought that drew disgust from him and made him clench a fist in anger. No...He couldn't stand by if that was where their mind was heading.

"The fuck man, she's not going to tell! Besides...Daddy does anything and he never sees his girl again..." the gang member said, licking his lips, but the apparent boss just shoved him back, "Not a chance; you so much as look at her again and I'll snap your fingers..."

"That's nothing compared to what I'll do to you if you don't leave..."

The gang members all turned around, the gang leader's boss blanching in the face a bit, "Aw crap..." And the others seemed to recognize him too, but then the mohawked one said with a more confident smile, "Guys...Relax....It's four on one. Even if it is him, we've got the numbers! He can't take all of us." This seemed to bolster their confidence a bit.

It was here the new arrival would then pull out a Duel Disk...Jet black in color and dented, no other decals or anything fancy on it. "I don't need numbers...Not for sick bastards that would talk so casually about raping a young woman." he then said, the disk activating; the leader just laughed, "What, you wanna Duel for their safety? You can't take us in a four-on-one, no matter how strong you might be."

Vbeb3j5.jpg

cqA2Ci3.png

"Normally...I wouldn't accept the challenge anyway...I'm not a fan of fighting, especially if it hurts people. But you don't deserve that kind of chance...And you're endangering an innocent." the young man replied coldly, his eyes hardening; he was no hero, but he wasn't about to stand by and let them do whatever they wanted to someone who could hardly defend themselves. Those thoughts permeating his head as a dark aura steadily enveloped him, invisible to all except those with the ability to perceive it as his Disk powered on.

"The darkness calls...It tells me to destroy you. Erupt from the abyss..." the young man stated eerily, pulling a card from his deck and placing into one of the monster slots, "One of the Emperor's infinite legion...Daemon Soldier!"

And as if it were some kind of weird horror film, a column of shadow appeared beside him; before longing fading to relieve the muscular, sword-wielding humanoid standing next to him. And as if to further prove it was real, it brought its wicked blade down on a nearby garbage can...Cutting the metal object clean in half. If the gang wasn't freaked out before now...They looked about ready to shit themselves now.

"Now I give you this one chance....Walk away, and I don't sic him on you." the boy said, the other gang members frozen momentarily. Then one of them did something that was probably idiotic: He grabbed the young woman and held her by the hair, a knife pulled and against her throat, "Fuck...Y-you get out of here, unless you want to see them dead!" The others looked at him shocked, but once the interloper's eyes narrowed more, they quickly followed suit and got behind him, another grabbing the mother and doing the same thing.

OrGohwX.jpg

The men were starting to back up into the alley near the wall. As one tighten his grip on the mother, Fey would grit her teeth, "Let her go!" She felt her card sliding out from her costume sleeve as she slid it into her duel disk on her hip. "I am warning you!"

The punk laughed as he grabbed her by her top shaking her and placed the knife against her neck more nicking her. "SHUT THE HELL UP BABE OR I WILL MAKE SURE YOUR MOTHER WATCHES YOU HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!"

The mother let out a scream as she pushed her neck against the knife cutting herself but not deep. She would step on the man's foot holding her as she rushed to get slammed to the floor.

"I WARNED YOU!" A bright light hit as she closed her eyes and a chocolate Magician girl landed sitting on the box nearby, "Hello Miss Gadget....need some assistance.." She waved her hand a bit as a bucket of chocolate appeared, "So I see he is a little sour....how about we make him sweet." She waved her hand as the bucket flew and splashed hot liquid chocolate on the man scolding his face.

ZingTzy.jpg

XxpLIvz.jpg

As the man let go, Fey would reach to help her mother and make a dash for the new man trying to help. "TAKE MY MOTHER AND GO PLEASE!" She felt a hand grab at her arm as she is yanked and shoves her mother near the boy, "GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME!" The Magician girl raises her hand as she goes to separate the two but is almost shot. She glances over seeing a gun as she snaps, "Don't bring guns.." She would try to use her power but get skimmed and slide down near the sword wielding Soldier, "Maybe we should team up....oh sir knight...You go for Lady Fey...I feel this soldier and I need to teach the other boys not to play with toy guns.." Fey tries to pull away as the man places a knife to her side slicing part of the costume as he cuts Fey. She lets out a scream as he gets the blade close to the throat, "THAT SCOLDING SHIT WONT WORK AGAIN.." He keeps the girl right against him this time as he snaps, "LIGHT THEM UP BOYS!"

Hotsuma had nearly had enough, his body language showing that he was growing more incensed by their actions. "You cowards that only prey on others...There's a special place in the Abyss for those such as you!" he shouted, his eyes starting to grow dull; though one might take it as a sign of unhealthiness, it was in fact a marker of his own abilities starting to grow less restrained. More violent.

However, what came next was unexpected. He did not know about these women of course, nor did he think himself alone. But seeing the man a bucket of molten cocoa in the face? It was...Extremely strange, yet also amusing while confusing.

He couldn't tell who'd done...Only that someone was now being shoved towards him; as he went to grab the other woman, one of the thug's shots went wide, his demonic soldier catching the bullet with his blade and deflecting it harmlessly.

FjE9Rt1.jpg

JVvACnT.png

"Please...Save my daughter!"[BGCOLOR=null] [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=null]the older woman cried out, Hotsuma having gotten her to safety. That was one...But still the younger woman was in danger; and while the demon soldier was quick, he doubted it would be fast to stop that blade from slicing her throat. So...Another strategy was needed. [/BGCOLOR]

All the while it had been raining steadily; the acrid stench of the smog began to fade, the brilliance of the night sky beginning to be visible. There was something he could do; with the clouds forming for even heavier rain, it was an oddly fortuitous occurrence.

"So, what you gonna do now little man?" the gang member holding the girl hostage. "Teach a lesson in humility for starters...The darkness shatters the heavens...Mortals cower before its might, splitting the air as if it were a leaf before the sword. Arise from the depths...Summoned Daemon!"

Hotsuma called as he slid a second card into his Disk; however, unlike before, no monster appeared next to him. "Oh...No more of your fancy parlor tricks?" the gang member holding the girl mocked, pressing the knife against the girl's neck a bit more.

"Make sure not to hit her...." Hotsuma commanded, the group of punks cocking brows as he made his statement; however, the sounds of a deep sonorous rumble directly behind them made them all freeze in fear. Turning around they would see another monster behind them, this one even more fearsome than the other. "You see the lightning before you hear the thunder..." the young man muttered, the demon spreading its wings wide and letting out a roar; the mohawk guy would then throw Fey down and try to run....

But it was hopeless; lightning, after all, travels a more than a million times faster than sound. His Summoned Daemon's attack struck them hard and struck them fast, lighting the alley around them as the bolts hit true; it wasn't a lethal charge, at the very least, but given the downpour that was now happening, it made finding the target that much easier. Two of them still stood, the others sitting in smoking craters.

UzhXGSc.jpg

lOaGA17.jpg

"Daemon Soldier...Incapacitate them. Make sure they don't get up for a while..." Hotsuma then commanded, the purple-skinned warrior charging at them, using its fists to put those that were still standing on their asses and fronts.

And with her own monster lending a hand by making sure the demon couldn't get shot by the one still able to fire a gun...The conflict was over in a matter of seconds. The punks lay defeated on the ground, their bodies smoking from the surge of hyper-electric current that shocked him, and the pain they were in was doubtlessly overwhelming.

Served them right.

"Fey....Fey!" the woman then shouted, leaving Hotsuma's side; Daemon Soldier looked ready to stop her, but a hand gesture from Hotsuma made him stand down. There were no threats anymore. "You guys did good...But that's enough for now..." Hotsuma then said, taking his cards off the Disk and making his monsters disappear; a hand then came up to clutch his forehead, his eyes reverting back to their normal blue coloration.

As her mother might fuss over her condition, having both been shot and stabbed, Hotsuma approached from behind; taking the heavy jacket off himself, he then held it out to the two of them, "You both took a huge risk coming through Ambulator territory; even Sector Security doesn't mess with them too much. Here...It's probably going to get worse..."

Kneeling down next to the young woman - apparently named Gadget...Or Fey, he wasn't sure- he then said, "So....You can summon cards too...You....You're not hurt from....them, are you? I...don't have the best control with that sometimes...". If she could acutally do what he did...Maybe he wouldn't be alone...No...Damn it, she wouldn't want to be with him. "Erm...Do you two, you know...Have anywhere to stay? My house isn't far from here; if you need shelter from the rain, it'll at least keep you dry."

The older woman took a deep breath checking on her daughter. She held a cloth against the girl's cut from the knife and saw the bullet graze and other cuts.. She glanced as Fey breathed heavily out cold. "My daughter's leg bracers are not gonna last the night without a battery source....we have my husband's bike...." She paused hearing the boy, "Uh yes...my husband plans to use her once he saw her able to do so....reason I took her here instead of to the tournament to do her job...." She coughed a it of blood again...her medicine was working just not as good as she hoped. "Please....we have no where.....I will pay....Fey needs to get inside...we need to get hidden my husband is searching and even if they don't come down here others will recognize her."

4hBgaQ4.png

Hotsuma just listened as they listed why they were here; so...Her spouse wanted to do something to his only daughter? Just because she could do what he did? At the mother's mention.

"I have a small generator; I'm not very good with electronics, but I can see about making sure her bracers can be charged up." he said; one thing that didn't run out in the Satellite was spare parts. There was so much trash and (almost horrendously so) a large number of still great condition items that the poor people here often stole from the dumps. It wasn't being used...And was something Hotsuma himself had done.

Leaning down to pick-up the young girl, he would then say, "You don't need to worry about payment; we all suffer enough down here. And...It wouldn't feel right to take money from someone in need. But if you're fine with it...You can pilot your husband's Runner to, and I'll carry this one." Placing his coat over her to help keep her dry, he and the family would go back to his place.

Him not knowing at the time that they would be staying longer with him than he ever hoped...And that it turned out to be the best day of his life.

"Think I was sick for a week after that was said and done..." he joked, having finished putting the rest of the stuff away. "Even so...I'm really glad you two were able to stay with me. I didn't realize how lonely it was until you did."

Realizing that might have come out a bit wrong, Hotsuma just scratched at his chin and added sheepishly, "Uhm, that's not to say you're not free to go! You can go whenever you like! Erm..." His cheeks flushed a bit at his own hesitation; even after all this time, he was still a fairly awkward boy. Even towards the one woman who'd known him the longest.

Giving a slight cough and tapping the tips of his fingers together, his eyes then went to the floor as he asked in a very mild tone, "Do you, know...still want to go?"

fFXWUsF.jpg

AIHewkT.png

Fey nodded her head as she blushed, "Yeah well if you weren't such a gentleman then it wouldn't be a second thought." She continued putting the food away. The mother blinked as she shouted, "Get a room you two...seriously every day I watch you two get flustered....besides It's been two years and I *cough*"

Fey stood up heading over, "Mother did you take your meds?"

The mother just grumbled as she glanced at her pills. Fey reached for the pill tray and the glass of water. She brought them over and smiled, "Glad you approve of him."

Last edited:

Hotsuma just chuckled as Fey gave her statement, "Well...Would you want to just leave someone in that situation alone without trying to help them?"

However, Fey's mother started coughing; Hotsuma would follow Fey to her bedside. As Fey might give her the medicine, the young man checked the flow of the oxygen to make sure she had enough. Even though he was sure Fey was doing just fine, he wanted to make sure the system was working right. He saw nothing wrong from that end; and as Fey would help her mother take her medicine "I got a couple more bottles of oxygen, ma'am; that and the medicine should be enough to last us until the next shipment comes in." he would say; that had been one of his first stops. And he was damn thankful that his Runner didn't kill itself on the way out; medical supplies were hard enough to come by as it is. Last thing he needed was to get stuck as a live target.

"Thank you, young man...You should take Fey out, you know? I'll be fine once the medicine starts working." the elder woman said, a ghost of a smile on her face. "Are you sure...I don't mind staying here to make sure you're comfortable..." Hotsuma said, the woman shaking her head, "You needn't worry, I'll be fine. Besides, you two work too hard...Have some time to yourselves."

9FzosiX.jpg

EuDYOsm.jpg

Hotsuma seemed hesitant, but was actually kind of glad to hear her say that; she really did seem to trust him. A sensation that even after two years he was still getting used to. "If Fey's fine with it...Then I will. But I'm not leaving you here alone..." Hotsuma replied, taking up his Duel Disk and placing a card in the slot, Trick Daemon soon appearing next to him.

"Hiya! Same duty as usual?" the demonette said cheerfully; of all the cards in his deck, this one seemed to have the most personality. And was one of the few who actually seemed to speak. But then again, he'd never really summoned any of the others with his powers. If only because he was absolutely terrified what might happen if he did that with any of his boss monsters.

But this was one thing both he and Fey worked on together: Understanding more about what they could do. And honestly? With the two years they'd been together, he actually found he had less headaches and partial blackouts when he used it; maybe it was because...Actually he couldn't really say for sure.

"If you could, that would be greatly appreciated. Help her with whatever she might need." Hotsuma asked, Trick Daemon giving a cutesy pose and saying, "Don't worry, Miss Gadget, your mother's in good hands with me!"

Once they were sure her mother would be fine, Hotsuma helped Fey outside however she might need it. Which turned out to be none, as she said that her leg bracers were acting fine and they were fully charged. So he just said he was going to start up and clean off the Runner. "Erm...Do you mind if we use your Runner? I doubt you'll want to spend this time helping me look for parts. I know a spot that's relatively quiet...And it faces the calm part of the coast here." he then asked her.

HeThe sun was bright overhead, and a strong wind seemed to clear the air of smog. It was actually one of the brightest days he'd ever seen, the sun beaming proudly on the Satellite. "Wow...Don't think I've seen the sky this clean in a while." he said, smiling at the sight of the sun. It really did feel quite nice.

It seemed like it was going well; however, unknown to either of them, a figure observed the pair from above. Standing on top of a large abandoned tower behind them, the observer's keen vision peered from under his hood. Watching them as an osprey might a potential meal.

Taking a look at the picture in his hands, he would see the girl soon step out as his eyes compared the images. "Well, seems he was right on. She looks oddly happy...How very interesting; her father made it seem she was held at gunpoint or something." the robed figure said lowly, giving a slight grin. "But if her potential is as good as they say...Then she rightfully belongs with Divine-sama; it is the only way she will come to recognize the true magnitude of her gift." Giving a small laugh, he then whispered from his mind, "I've found her....And the mother." It was a message sent to other Hunters in the area, having also been tasked by Divine-sama to retrieve his trusted associate's lost property.

qhcLQmv.png

Last edited:
Fey would blush as she got prepped and put on one of her nicer dresses. She took a deep breath as she stepped out from the room with her helmet, a black silk dress with embroyed designs, and white cowgirl boots. "Ready when you are." She had her hair down as she walked over kissing her mom on her forehead, "We will be back tonight...." The mother blinked as she spoke, "You wont br back till early morning...go have fun..."

Fey would nod her head as she walked over to Hotsuma. "So how do I look?" ((Sry at work so cant do art or colors till home at the comp.))

rqC6YEn.jpg

Hotsuma flushed a bit as she came out; she really did look quite nice. It was exactly as her mom said; they'd spent a long time kind of fumbling around each other. Maybe with this, they could try to get to know each other more? They'd been so busy worrying about her mother that they never really...well, did anything. Hold hands? Sure. Hugged? More than once...But it never went beyond that.

Would today be any different? Not likely; and if he was honest, he wouldn't mind. "You look....nice. Wish I could say the same...A-anyway...Let's get going yeah? You don't us using your Runner right?" he then asked, his cheeks tinging a bit; she really did look quite pretty in that dress.

Soon enough, they were both strapped in and headed off. The day was warm but not so much that it necessitated extra water. They had enough with them for a decent day out; honestly Hotsuma was just hoping that they wouldn't get ambushed.

But thankfully, the ride went smooth; the location in question was somewhere relatively abandoned. It was the end of one of the roads that separated from the mainland after the accident, supposedly...But it held a spectacular view of the ocean to the south. Hotsuma stepped off and allowed Fey to appreciate the scenery; it might not be much, but things like this were hard to come by in the Satellite.

"You know...Before I met you, I would come all here the time. It was one of the few places I could be left alone. One of the few places where no gangs would try to jump me, or Security would try to arrest me. And..." He trailed off here, not sure how to word this next part...Before deciding to come right out and say it.

"The place where I thought about committing suicide the most...Having these powers, it drove me insane. I never wanted to hurt anyone...But the people I trusted before, all they saw was some freak who could make Duel Monsters come alive. I didn't know who to trust..." he then said, coming to stand beside.

"So...The day we met...Reminds me of this place. Not because of what I thought then...But because you showed me what I nearly missed out on had I let my impulses take control. So...I guess I'm trying to say...Thank you, Fey. You saved me that day...From myself."

ZvhI8V3.png

=======================================================
Sea_Edge.jpg
Fey stood on the edge of the metal platform closing her eyes feeling the wind blowing through her hair. She looked over smiling at Hotsuma with a bright red face as she listened. Her smile soon turned into a frown but her blush still remained.

"Hotsuma, I am glad you are strong. I could not survive if I didn't meet you...nor could my mom. She is who kept me going before I met you."

Fey would turn as she held her hands behind her back clasped. "So...guess this is our first actual date...." Fey's eyes shut as she squeaked almost as if in joy. "This spot should not be known for sadness..." She stepped forward as she smiled.
Fey batted her eyes for a moment slowly as she looked at Hotsuma with a soft happy expression. "Hots, thank you for everything....for the last few years you took care of my mother and me without a second thought. I know I did my share around the apartment but let's face it....we live in the slums...this is a lot different than my mother and me are use to." She bit her lip a bit as she leaned against the bike closer to him. "My mother was right....we needed this.....she is a fighter...I mean I take after her." Sea_edge_close_Up.jpg
==================================================
=============================================
Untitled.png Arrival.jpg
Meanwhile.....
--Back at the apartment

"You did good scout....go home.....Ghost wants to play." A man in a white mask with a black trench coat looks at the apartment from behind the cloaked figure. He would smirk as he cut his hand letting blood drip. The man would place his finger into the blood as he smeared a smile over the white blank spot of the mask.

"Universitas Rex... I summon Thee.... we are going on a mission.... do not harm the woman... but... kill anything else." He took a letter out of his coat glancing at it. "Oh sweet sweet Fey.... your father wants you to come home... and he promised I would get to play..."
Fey reached over to Hotsuma as she would place her hand onto his cheek. She leaned forward blushing as she brought herself close and placed her lips onto his. She closed her eyes as she breathed slowly before pulling away blushing, "Think that is a better memory than thinking of this place as a suicide spot..."===============================================
Fey_Kissing_Hotsuma.jpg

Attachments

• Arrival.jpg
    Arrival.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hotsuma just smiled as she complimented him, "You're no slouch either, Fey; remember that you helped get your mother free. You're better than you give yourself credit. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Fey."

As she might come closer and voice how this spot shouldn't be known for sadness, his smile died a little but not enough to completely vanish. "Well...That was then, this is now. Now - and I hope you don't mind if I steal your own words - but I've got someone and something to live for." he then replied; indeed, the time he'd come to known Fey, he'd seen she was quite the strong-willed woman when she put her mind to something.
U8w7pPK.jpg
tNWMebD.jpg
"I know it's not much, and I realize it doesn't have everything the Tops might have. But I am glad you chose to stay, Fey; I won't lie, even if I don't mind you leaving...I'd have been crushed if you left now. And still would be crushed if you did..." Yeah, speaking to someone he cared about was still taking some getting used to...

"Eh...I mean to say..." he started to clarify, only to be interrupted as she kissed him. They'd held hands before...But this? He'd never felt his heart hammer in his chest like this before, not even after he'd overexert himself with his abilities. This was...Comforting. Warm and safe.

"Well...That's definitely much better than a suicide spot. Any day of the year." he would say after the kiss broke and they stood further away, smiling as he crossed his arms, "You've certainly gotten rather direct. I think I like it...If this is what we have to look forward to, then the only place I'm jumping is into your arms."
Back at the apartment, Trick Daemon was busy trying on Fey's clothes; and happened across a beautiful white and gold-trimmed dress. "Ooooh! Pretty pretty! Mama gets me nice clothes too, but your daughter's fashion sense is lovely! I think I'll copy it for me!" she would say, holding up the lovely article before throwing up into the air; she would then spin in a rather cartoonish fashion, a purple cyclone surrounding her body before the dress fell into it; moments later she would stop, posing cutely in her new attire before hanging the dress she borrowed for the transformation back in the wardrobe.

"Tada! I'll knock those bracers off your daughter's legs just yet! Well, Miss Fey's mother! How do I look?" she would ask, clearly quite proud of herself. The elderly woman just laughed, looking a bit better now that her meds were working, "I think you look amazing, dear. It's amazing you have such personality; even with the time I've spent around Fey, I never thought I would meet a Duel Monster being able to speak with me." Trick Demon laughed childishly, "That's not all we can do, you know; granted, you're much better than the guards around the Fortress. At least you tell me about how I look in clothes!"

However...Soon all would be not well, and Trick Demon shuddered, looking towards the door. She felt an overwhelming power; even so, she was a proud heir to the Empress' throne, and she wouldn't disappoint her mother or Hotsuma by backing down, even if it meant her own destruction. "Dear? Is everything alright? You look...surprised." Fey's mother asked
Trick Demon, now looking even more worried than before, readied herself and said, "I think we're about to have some company. Stay here...This won't take long." For anyone, really...
X26QNAY.jpg
e03XyjX.jpg

And right as Trick Demon stepped into the entryway, she would be immediately greeted by the sight of a giant blue-skinned cloaked...monster. Her brow beaded with sweat; she knew exactly who this was. No one her father couldn't handle, but still a powerful demon in his own right.

"Universitas....I take it you're not here for a friendly visit..." she said, holding her spell-casting totem close to her and trying to put on a brave face. "How right you are...Spawn of the Emperor." the male said, his voice chilling and laced with power. Trick Demon gulped nervously, looking to her right and seeing a masked man beside Universitas; she could feel their energies intertwining, his and the monsters...Though with their nature, it was quite difficult to discern whose was whose.

Even so...She recognized this bond; it was same Fey and Hotsuma shared with their monsters. "So...You are the same as Master..." Trick Demon said, Ghost just chuckling, "You're not who I would expect to be in her deck...Tell me, are you with the boy?" A third figure - the one that had been secretly observing them - then appeared and chimed in, "Stay focused, Ghost; we do not need to bring any more attention to Master's plans than needed. Have Universitas rid us of the obstacle and let us grab the woman."
So...That is their goal, Trick Demon thought; she could not allow that. "HA!" she shouted, gathering energy in her hand to blast the masked male to dust; though it was not to be. A searing heat crossed her shoulder, the connection severing her from this world as Universitas' unholy sword slashed her front; while this would not kill her, she would need to be recalled. She burst into a shower of light, her essence silently fading away.

"That is that...The Great Dark God will not be pleased, but rest assured: He is too weak now to be of threat." Universitas stated, Ghost just saying "See, Scout? Right on schedule; there's no need to rush these things. Now...As I said before, run along. I want to take my time with her; she's a delicate woman, after all."

Scout sneered as he walked forward and wrenched the main door open, "You know damn well we have the facilities needed to make sure the plan succeeds! Now grab her and let's go!" And with that the trio entered the house, seeing the sickly woman on the bed. All three able to be seen by as shadowy figures, their power very apparent to her. "Guess he was right about that too; Ghost, you need to be careful. Master will be most displeased if she shows signs of harm." the cloaked man said, Ghost sneering "For the last time, Scout, no one will be hurt so long as they don't interrupt me." The cloaked man snarled, "And my name's not Scout....It's Takana! Get it through that stupid masked head of yours that I have a name!"

It was here the elderly woman removed her oxygen mask, knowing exactly what was happening; she wouldn't be needing it. "So...He's sent you of all people. And my friend...Did she?" The man in the mask, now she knew to be 'Ghost', laughed, "Don't worry; I'm sure she'll come back. She's not dead; Duel monsters don't die like you or I. At least...Not in this world. But you needn't worry about that...And so long as you don't struggle, you'll not be harmed...Maybe. Time has not been kind to you..."

The woman just smiled, "I had to expect I would be found eventually; though I do admit I hoped to be dead long before then. Then that sick bastard would only get a useless corpse *cough* *cough*. And the last tie to my daughter would be severed...She would be free."
lGPYD7Z.png

Last edited:
b67f61a1364ea22a050d701c7bf7858f.gif
Fey froze as she shook her head turning bright red. "No no I mean it is not like that or it is or.." Fey became rather quiet as she froze feeling something cold. She looked up at the sky as she noticed the clouds moving in. "Hots....is it me or is that a rather nasty storm..."

She let out a yelp as she felt the water coming a bit. "Hotsuma......the rain....its.." She looks up as she moves closer to him to hide from it. "We better get home......want to grab food on the way.....we can grab something fast and surprise mom.."

Hotsuma pulled back a bit more, looking up at the sky as it started to get darker. The air got colder too; this was bad, he thought. They weren't too far from the house thankfully.

Lightning then crashed overhead, that was the precursor to a bad rain. He would pat her hand as she came up behind him, saying comfortingly, "Yeah, we should go...Hang on..." He would help her get situated, then they took off..
9fe62d7b55527267532a204b587fa091.gif
db6xwc1-7d776826-38c5-41cf-9ce9-88ce116f919d.jpg
The pair returned home about an hour or so later, Hotsuma returning and helping Fey walk into the house, her mechanical leg bracers still powered enough to where she could walk.

"We're back; we got some soup and dumplings for dinner!" Hotsuma said aloud; when he didn't hear a reply, he then said, "Trick Demon? You here?" He scratched his head, but then he noticed some scuff marks on the wall.

His stomach dropped, rushing to the room where Fey's mother slept.....
Empty...And some cards were laying on the bed. "Who the fuck...TRICK DEMON, IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE, I SWEAR!" he would shout; no no no, what the fuck happened? Where did she go? She wasn't the strongest monster in his deck, but it was more than enough for anyone who might come here...Right?

Unknowing these cards were specifically for Fey to find...
x11-Ilyas-bed-empty.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom