Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Digimon: Beyond the Net

Digimon:

Beyond the Net

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth-Screenshot-1.png

(Under Kowloon level 2)
The internet had taken an entirely new form in recent years. It was no longer only a means of sending data, but also a place that people would send their very mental data. At first there had been concerns, but by now it was accepted as a part of normal life by most. Most of this took place in a virtual world named Eden. Millions of business and banking transactions took place on it every day as did fun and games.

Seth sat at the computer desk and took the headset in his hands. This had become so routine for him. He put on the headset and his body grew still. When his eyes opened he looked at Under Kowloon level 2. Kowloon, while technically part of Eden, was very different. It's appearance had been scarred by hackers just like himself.

His eyes scanned it until he found the DigiMarket. If he was going to make it in this business he was going to need a Digimon. No one did hacking the old way anymore. The group he had been working with broke up and of course they up and vanished along with the Digimon they had. So if he was going to make it he needed a new one.

----------------------------------------------
(Kowloon level 1)
"Nothing to be afraid of. This isn't do bad." The blond-haired boy said to himself looking over the unwelcoming landscape of Kowloon level 1. Once could see what it had once been. Long ago it was coded as a play place for children. But now it was distorted by all the hacking and corrupted code. Several monitors were stacked up to the left and to the right a giant torn up stuffed bear stood. He looked to his Digivice as his class mates mockingly asked if he had been hacked yet on the DigiLine.

"Chances of being hit by a hacker are low." Sam tried to comfort himself and took a deep breath and a few more steps further in. All he had to do was make it through an hour and they would be satisfied and stop bothering him.

C4Wk0ul.jpg

(Kowloon 1st floor)

The jungle jim had a shadow on the back of it. A woman in a black pencil skirt and a white suit coat sat there writing something. She had a digital app opened scanning code as she bit her lip. "Come on I know you're out here....just need to track that one stran of code."

Shion would brush her red long hair back as she took an orange stylist off her ear twirling it. She looked up and turned pale. She quickly closed her app and stood glancing before rushing behind the televisions.

Shion breathed heavily as she looked around leaning, "Did he see me.....damn it I do not need fans bothering me...I need to find that thing that killed my brother..."

Anna was actually excited. This place... Eden... it sounded so wonderful! Course, while she was a straight A student, she wasn't particularly wealthy, and her family had always done everything the traditional way. Why pay someone to mow your lawn when you can do it yourself for free? Why get an expensive ride-on lawnmower when you can push a janky cheap one around? Why pay anyone else to do something like electrical work when you could do it yourself? Okay so that last one didn't always work out too well...

But as she finished high school, Anna's parents had thought that she at least deserved to see Eden for once in her life, the same way her parents had to use it for work. At their work, anyway. Luckily for her, her mother stumbled upon an access device in a thrift store, oddly enough, and didn't think twice about buying something someone had just given away. Pretty odd, but a deal was a deal.

So now here she was, jacking into Eden, for the first time...

(Kowloon 1st floor)

As the girl opened her eyes, the scene before her was... not what she expected. "Huh? This... is Eden?" she wondered aloud, and looking around, it didn't resemble what she had been told. Where were all the wonderfully colourful and amazing virtual cities? All the people? Why was it so... run down... and shoddy... what happened? The girl couldn't know but as she looked down over herself, she realized she was still wearing her school uniform. "Oh... right, I guess I should've changed," she mumbled to herself.

Maybe she should've tried to get someone to come with her... but... was that... a boy?

(Kowloon level 1)
Sam looked around as he was sure that he heard something. Sounded like heavy breathing. Was it a hacker's Digimon? He started to looked around worried. But then he saw someone logging in.. That must have been what he heard.

Was it, a girl? His first impose was to go over to talk to her and he stretched out his arm and opened his mouth about to call to her but then froze. Was she a hacker? She seemed to be a in a school uniform of some kind. He hesitated for another moment before deciding to risk it. For some reason he felt that she was lost.

"Hey there...umm....hi?" Okay not off to his best start at a greeting. The boy slowly walking up to her.
"I mean, what brings you down here? " He tried to sound more natural and friendly putting on a smile.

(Kowloon level 1)
As Anna fully finished materializing, she felt a bit wobbly. It wasn't all that different from the real world, or at least that's what she felt but there was just something off that reminded her this wasn't her physical form. Though whatever thoughts she had were quickly set aside as she heard the boy that came toward her, and she blinked at him, as if to make sure she was seeing everything correctly. A few blinks later and nothing else seemed to change so... it must've been it.

"Oh uh... hi..." Anna said quickly, though confusion was written on her face and in her nervous voice. "Um... I guess I just wanted to try coming here..." She still assumed this was Eden, and while it technically was, she was unaware of where she truly was and what this place meant. "Uh... this is my first time here so..."

(Kowloon level 1)

This place... these creatures were rather strange. Not so different from many of his own kin, perhaps, but... different. They, at least, felt quite different, somehow.

The Lekismon had, up to now, observed several of them from afar, after managing to escape the degrading Digital World, and finding himself separated from everyone, and everything, he knew. In all frankness, the relatively tall, rabbit-like Digimon, for the most part, stuck out like a sore thumb; all the more so were it not for him using his natural speed and jumping ability to stay mostly out of view while he went exploring. What exactly drew him to the place that lots of these odd creatures seemed to be coming from, he wasn't certain... curiosity, perhaps. No matter what it was, though, he was here, if sneaking in... though... perhaps he wasn't the only one sneaking?

Musing on it for a few moments, and glancing briefly to the other humans in the immediate area from his own little place of hiding, the rabbit decided to find an opportune moment to dart off that way, stepping quietly over near Shion.

"Do you... need a way out without anyone seeing you? It should be easy enough for me, if so," he quietly offered, making sure she'd hear, but others wouldn't.

0Uhw23I.gif

"Do you... need a way out without anyone seeing you? It should be easy enough for me, if so,"

Shion blinked as she quickly made sure her avatar name was still scrambled to Keyblader_Kari27 above her head. She glanced down noticing the rather humanoid size digimon standing in front of her. "I uh...uhm....kind of I mean..."

An alarm started to sound for anyone nearby to hear, "UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS HAS BEEN DETECTED!...EDEN PROTOCOL SOFTWARE INITIATED...REMAIN CALM THE CODE IS BEING BROUGHT BACK TO SAFE POINT!"

Shion's eyes opened as she stumbled back and her code on her avatar broke. It started affecting the tv as stuff started to show on the screen, "Altered data found...gathering intel on safe points from original username."

"No no no...stop...stop....please..." She looked at her cool business avatar reverting back to the locked one from her previous punishment for altered code. She gritted her teeth as she saw the footage of her arrest two years ago appear after pictures of her assault of a paparazzi.

Avatar coding altered, returning previous safe point.
Avatar name altered, returning previous safe point.
Avatar voice altered, returning previous safe point.
Referencing various media correctly identified to user.

"STOP IT! DAMN IT IS MY BOSS STILL PISSED COME ON!" She kicked the television breaking a screen and more popped up showing on all sides of the monitor mound.

As each television turned on one by one showing many data logs. It would pop some up and remove them when it did not match Shion Maou. The error message appeared above Shion's avatar as the ms dos started going down the list correcting each and every spot.

Rebuilding Avatar
Rebuilding Database

"Please.....help me get out of here.....I...I hack for journalism....but my boss tends to hate what I do so she tries...please....I hate my past job it was forced on me....just get me out of here before..."

Error.....locking software code.
Error.....Unauthorized access found.
Access point blocked.

aHMluVE.gif

zukdjRm.png

QUWl2rR.png

tiKf0Ag.png

Jw5OAaT.gif

hEN7vTL.gif

Jr3ylBX.jpg

She paused hearing the televisions rock above her. She would fall towards the digimon covering him as she tried to take the blunt hits from the televisions. "DAMN IT!" She stood slowly as she looked at him and watched her normal avatar turn into her old pop idol one she was bound to from first creation and contracts with media. Even after she broke contract, paid fees and went to court, Shion had another two year lock on editing her avatar. "I uh.." She stood up rather bright red in the face seeing the others near her, "Hi...uhm..I'm Shio...this isn't what it looks like..." She paused seeing her name above her head now and closed her eyes tight muttering, "Fuck you Eden"

Above her head it had the name Pioneer's Shion Maou, Idol.

Thank you for using Eden Network.
Have a nice day

Shion opened her eyes as she looked around and stepped kind of in front of the strange digimon, "Sorry he is uh...my virtual pet...my brother use to have one before the incident a few years back....I uhm....well I am keeping the code fresh that's right yeah.."

She glanced to Lekismon speaking faintly, "play along...I know what you are....the brother thing is true.....I know about the incident years back and want to wake him...he is still in a coma....but ghosts are rumored that seem like him in here..."

She stops muttering as she speaks, "Sorry just trying to comfort him...he has artificial ai."

Sam related to her that she was uneasy here. Maybe she was just a curious amateur trying out a hacking program. In a way that was what he was doing too.

“Yeah I just came to try it out too. A bit different down here.” He said trying to sound confident looking her in the eye.

Then a loud alarm went off causing him to jump and spin around. What on Eden was happening here? Was it a serious hacker? A bunch of the monitors began to show a lot of stuff but he couldn't make much since of it. Then a girl appeared from behind them and kicked one of them. She said something about journalism.

When the monitors started to fall he ran back over to her but was to late. He grabbed one and tossed if off of the two.

“H-hey! Are you okay?” He couldn't help but ask. It was only after a moment's thought that he remembers it would only be an avatar. Then her avatar seemed to suddenly change.

Then he caught sight of a what kind of looked like a small rabbit-man? Then looked back to the girl the boy began to put two-and-two together. A virtual pet didn't seem to make much since.

“What, is that Digimon?” He said thinking that she must be a more skilled hacker. Part of him couldn't help but be amazed at the program. He never had gasped how they might work. How was something this small suppose to wreck havoc on entire networks?

'Kind of'? Well... he supposed that was basically a 'yes'. So, giving a small nod, the Lekismon practically jumped in surprise at the sudden voice from... somewhere. Maybe if he could pinpoint it... but no, never mind. Whatever was going on, he couldn't even begin to pretend to know; only watch in some worry as the woman seemed to change, at least a little.

"Huh? Ah... y-ye..." he started to speak, before his long ears flicked up a little. Blinking in some surprise as she suddenly pushed him over -- trying to protect him? -- the Lekismon himself quickly reached over in the meantime. One... two ice arrows drawn out from the protrusions on his back, flung up at the fallen objects. It wouldn't do as much as he might perhaps have managed otherwise, but it would at least help take some of the worst out of it. Then... 'play along', she said. Well, he still couldn't pretend to get anything that was going on, whether here or otherwise... but it didn't seem a bad opportunity to try and rectify that, at least somewhat.

So 'play along' he would. At least, to the best of his ability.

"Mm? Sorry, I'm just with her," he, if somewhat vaguely, replied to the boy that had come over, clearly not-so-surprisingly noticing the sudden proceedings. Idly brushing off a bit of his fur -- maybe not necessary, but he was trying to play along well enough, what with the 'being comforted' bit -- he allowed himself a little stretch, only to idly balance a little on one foot. Well... what could he say, he liked to keep active, at least a little. "And I believe... we were going, right, Shion? Maybe to somewhere with less... erm..." he trailed off, glancing around a little to all the televisions that had fallen. And, in the process, turned a little; enough to just be able to speak quietly for her ears alone.

"I could carry you, if you want? Would probably get around a lot faster with my jumping ability," he offered.

Shion paused thinking of it as she noticed the digimon trying but failing as bad as her to lie. "I uh uhm...not sure....besides im in a rather revealing dress....jumping in the air might not be the best idea."

Shion would turn pale as she heard the words. "What do you know....WAIT..."

She rushed over a bit, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED HERE YEARS AGO...HAVE YOU SEEN A GHOST OF A BOY A LITTLE OLDER THAN ME BROWN HAIR BROWN EYES SIMILAR CHIN...TELL ME!"

She froze taking a deep breathe, "Please.....I ... I need to find my brother....he....his body is in a coma and people think I'm nuts but....people have seen him....I know there has to be a connection..."

Sam listened alittle confused by the girl and rabbit creature's story. It all seemed confusing. But what he suspected to be a Digimon starting speaking of leaving. He was just starting to say buy when the supposed hacker had a sudden outburst.

"What?....Brother?" He said surprised almost feeling as if she was accusing him. He looked around for support but there was no one he knew there.
"I don't know anything about him...we could ask the administrators? I think they can track people." The boy added quickly realizing how desperate she was. He wanted to help, but felt lost and helpless.

"In a coma? Wait, how could he be here if he isn't plugged into Eden?" He asked more surprised at the claim then anything. There were some creepy rumors of that happening in Eden recently. He felt a ting of fear at the thought of being left in such a state.

LcNCVBo.jpg

Shion tensed up, "That's the thing....I found him in a coma...when he was plugged in....." She trembled, "The logs showed some kind of corrupted data...and he was not the only one..."

She held her shoulder's a bit as she muttered looking over to the rabbit digimon, "Look I am sorry...clearly you don't know anything..." She moved to the side of the jungle jim and leaned against it, "No matter the damn avatar I got....I can still..."

She pauses as she moves her finger to try and bring up the hacking menu. "Did...did they remove my..." Her idol songs popped up, "NO NO NO NO!" She gritted her teeth, "It's fine...I got a back up.." She would activate the program as she muttered, "Just gotta wait another 6 hours for it to overdo the data and relog..."

A few men in hoodies slowly entered the area as the looked around. Shion tensed up a bit as she kept near the others and slid down against the Jungle Jim, "Keep out of sight...you are so afraid of hackers...those are the ones that are the real threat....they want to find and harness what is causing the comas through the years....also...one of them is my old boss.."

She lets out a sigh a bit, "Don't log out...if you do they can trace it...just keep here..." She steps out a bit as she takes a deep breath.

"Well well well Shion.....clearly you got caught again...back to that old contracted avatar...those in Pioneer are very disappointed."

Shion rubbed the back of her head laughing, "Yeah haha well I thought my paper was a wash up but I guess my boss sent some lackeys to find out how much they can publish still. " She smiles a bit as she reaches her hand out ready, "Here.." She digitizes data as she tosses it forward, "Doesn't matter who finds it...just take the data and go....the closer someone resolves this the sooner I get my brother back."

The man in the front looking at the other two silent one's raises his hand and catches the disk, "Pleasure doing business with you...idol...maybe next time you can introduce us to who really is helping you....by the way.....why not sing us a song..."

Shion tenses up a bit as she mutters, "Fine...."

She literally starts to do her old song and dance as the men laughed and walked off. Shion would fall to her knees as she muttered, "Assholes...hope that virus destroys whatever you found today.."

QG2csIO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom