Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So how did you get into RPing?

I always had an imaginative mind when I was a kid, I would play outside the house with my friends pretending we were soldiers and such. As we grew up, our hobbies had to move on. I got involved in an MMORPG website named " Maidmarian - Sherwood Dungeon " and we pretended to be knights. That was the first time I was able to see * and - actions. I learned the basics there.

As years passed, I moved on to Gaia Online where fast paced combat was somewhat common. I joined a few guilds that had a knack for combat roleplay. I also learned what T1, T2, T3, roleplaying style means. Getting bored of fast paced roleplays, I tried out forum roleplaying, a zombie apocalypse. And things escalated from there, I stuck with Skype with my longtime partners and began to explore ERP with them. The very first forum site I joined was House of Eros, met some amazing people there, then here I am in BMR.

I use to play Text games so think that's where it started and eventually found rp room's on ye olde yahoo chat back when it was yahoo pager and had user room's (*shakes cane at*) eventually during one of my many story based ones I got asked by someone to do an erp being bored I went along with it...Actually found this site after both yahoo rooms and rh.greydawn shut down as those were my go to's to find rp.

I discovered roleplaying During World of Warcraft Lich king days. The better my writing got, the less the community could give me what I wanted out of my writing which was immersion. And writing everything in a chatbox was very limited so I moved on to forum-based writing. And as I got better with creating character concepts, adding sexual content was just the next step to learning how to write those scenes. It adds a new layer to the character concepts and what makes them, them.

...neopets.

I'm still not sure how I got into it, but I spent far too many of my teenaged years on those awful forums. Burned through a few dozen accounts (I got banned... A lot), before eventually making the jump to Gaia.

To be honest I still don't know how I found this place either. But after a certain point I started getting uncomfortable with the age differences between myself and a decent number of the players on Gaia, sooo... Now I'm here?

ERP is mostly a natural progression from the rest, for me. I mostly do plot heavy things, but sex and relationships are fun to write. And I am branching out a bit more into smut these days...

Fanfictions, I did a bunch of fanfictions on a couple of sites, and then my friend was like. Roleplaying might be useful in order for you to write fanfictions

I played as a kid, then somehow discovered it online as a teen - PG13 at the very most. I can't pinpoint when exactly things turned wrong lmao

I started on MySpace when I was definitely too young to be on that site, now that I think about it. RPing any Pokemon OC bs that my brain wanted to spit out at the time was my favorite thing to do after school for a while. I eventually turned to a (now long rebranded) Pokemon forum that happened to have a lot of people around my age (which was 11/12 then) that liked to RP.

I started getting into ERP when I was still underage, unfortunately. My boyfriend at the time got me into it and I kept it between us. Though I started showing less interest in it after we broke up in favor of crying my eyes out over having to end my first long term relationship. Thankfully, I started to get back into it some time after my 18th birthday and have had an F-list account ever since.

*crosses arms*

I started talking to a couple friends of mine on how i could improve my writing skills and how I could meet new friends A girl who i had been best friends with for 2 months said "Oh, why don't you try roleplaying" and then percedeeded to give me a list of about 10-20 different sites (mostly tumblr, deviantart and places like that) and then after a while i started enjoying it and decided to find a more "mature" enviorment.

I've written since I can remember but one day I stumbled across a role play site when bored and browsing the web looking for writing sites. The rest is history! Found it to be both fun and a creative way to keep my writing skills fresh. I've made a lot of great friends through rping also.

For me, the web slowly dragged me into the idea, first with cleeb tales then developing my own tastes. from there, various fanfic/celeb based chats and boom. It's a great way to expand the imagination, and writing ability. (Though not necessarily spelling, where i REALLY approve of those "new fangled" spell-checker things. Well, they were new when I started....

I started with tabletop roleplaying games. Then when my real-life gaming group went their separate ways, I started playing in online games using sites like RPOL. Some of those games ended up going in very sexual directions, which is how I got interested in ERP as an activity in its own right. And now I'm here. :)

Definitely would be playing D&D in high school and then I branched off from there online.

Playing D&D with my brother and his friends. A long time ago in a city a moderate distance away. Also Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, maybe?
It went erotic when I discovered the internet and Yahoogroups, some time in the mid-90s.

Simply put playing games with my brother as a child and it drew from there but I think that's how most people start RPing by playing games as children.

I always wrote stories and poetry, song lyrics even as a kid, being older it was actual writing, pre internet. About 15 years ago I was chatting with an online friend and they told me about Role Play, they got me onto a site they used but I found it very confusing. It was like an open form of RP on a live messenger type of system. I had no idea how they did things and pissed every one off lol.

A couple of years later I decided to try again and found a site similar to this one where you can play 1-1 which is more appealing to me. I also had another friend where we played 1-1 but on the old yahoo messenger service. We would just play out simple stories that could be started and finished in a couple of hours.

Growing up, I always loved to pretend. In kindergarten they awarded me "most imaginative", I think because I was constantly pretending to be Tommy from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The first time I remember really enjoying writing was in 5th grade, when I had to write a story for a test. My cousin introduced me to a website called Gaia Online (which seems to be a reoccurring theme from the few posts I read), where I started roleplaying with asterisks and dashes, then eventually moved to paragraph format. I started ERP there (cause I was a bad kid who liked to break rules) then after a while I found House of Eros. That was my main domain for several years until they became Fiction Depot. I still roleplay there occasionally, but I wanted to branch out and give BMR a try.

I love making characters and throwing them into often absurd situations whether it be Fantasy or Sci Fi, though reality roleplays have always just kind of bored me. I also find roleplaying is a lot easier than writing a book since you can start small and let it grow. Roleplaying is just fun for me, and I love playing tabletop games with my friends. But while they occasionally enter adult territory, I’ve been wanting to dive deeper in erotic rp, which is why I’m here.

Found RP on links in Springihole.net, from a jaunt trying to make a certain fanfiction work. The Mary Sue Limitus Test in particular, grabbed my attention, and it linked to things like "how to make a OP character work in RP" at the bottom.

It's probably the best comprehensive tips to writing better characters out there, be they for fiction or RP or even tabletop games.

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) in late 1990 or early 1991. Got onsite reports and didn't have to wade through US government or commercial news censors, of what was happening during the first Gulf War. It was pretty clunky back then, but the greatest drawback was bandwidth. No fiber optics, wireless routers/modems, and dialup, if I remember right, topped out at about 1200 baud. Tied up phone lines, too. IRC is where a lot of today's netspeak (ur, LOL, gr8, etc.) originated because of that low bandwidth - time wasn't money, it was information gridlock.

I downloaded and paid for a copy of mIRC with the understanding that one payment was good for all future updates. Khalid lied. When he decided to stop making useful updates and people stopped using it, he wiped out the data base with all the paid customers. A crash a couple years ago made me download a new copy and that's when I discovered the crime. Now I stick with free stuff, and if the creator's start charging I find something else free.

Not because I'm really excessively cheap, but because I don't like paying premium prices for mediocre stuff. I prefer value for my money. And I hate subscriptions. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom